Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crisis on Umbrara Story, Upset and Dismayed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Crisis on Umbrara Story, Upset and Dismayed

Dracofish
08.25.2017 , 08:23 AM | #11
It all makes perfect sense to me if he was lying through his teeth to put on a grand show for someone who was obviously listening in.

I think the entire point was that the mustache-twirly speech was supposed to be out of character for him.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

Nefla
08.25.2017 , 08:33 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Shiannelove View Post
YES all of this is exactly how I feel.
We ARE twins after all

SteveTheCynic
08.25.2017 , 09:27 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
why did the traitor not bring our character in on this?
If you are Empress/Emperor of the Eternal Alliance (i.e. you went DS at the end of KotET), then:
Spoiler

If you are the Galactic Peacemaker, well, I don't know yet because I don't have any pathological weaklings.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Nefla
08.25.2017 , 10:21 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
If you are Empress/Emperor of the Eternal Alliance (i.e. you went DS at the end of KotET), then:
Spoiler

If you are the Galactic Peacemaker, well, I don't know yet because I don't have any pathological weaklings.
Yes, I was referring to the LS/peacekeeper option. This was clearly written with a DS overlord in mind and the peacekeeper was sloppily tacked on.

devilkat
08.25.2017 , 10:37 AM | #15
Spoiler

Dracofish
08.25.2017 , 11:20 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by devilkat View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

lawfig
08.25.2017 , 11:44 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Shiannelove View Post
YES all of this is exactly how I feel.
I feel the exact same way. I'm hugely disappointed. I've been a subscriber for several years, and have subscriptions I pay for for family members. They are about done with SW because of the storyline. No one likes all the companions, too many of them. And the now they've ruined a favorite new companion, and have still not returned prior companions.

A new chapter better be out PDQ or can foresee cancelling all 4 subscriptions I have for the family. No one is happy with this. In KOTFE and KOTET while some aspects were problematic for some of us, over all I was okay with the story line, just not the lack of finding all old companions. But the Iokath expansion has been horrible from inception. 1st. It you are a DS warrior and killed Quinn, how is he alive now? Since I didn't play DS warrior it wasn't an issue for me, but was an issue for a family member. I was anxious to hunt down the traitor, and we have numerous conversations on who that traitor would be. The traitor exposed was never considered.

Even if it is a triple agent thing as has been suggested, I don't think that will matter to some of us. The betrayal cut deep. as someone else posted. I won't be playing through this chapter will all of my toons. I've done it on two and i hated it on both.

Come on Devs give a new chapter soon and fix the mess you've made.

Nefla
08.25.2017 , 12:04 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by devilkat View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler

While I do think the concept of a traitor in the ranks and the possibility of them
Spoiler
is an interesting idea, I don't think they've handled it well so far. Everything has been so abrupt and short and disconnected and out of the blue and the story parts have been so few and far between. This new story segment only had 10 minutes of cutscenes and conversations for a 4 month wait.

devilkat
08.25.2017 , 10:34 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
Spoiler

While I do think the concept of a traitor in the ranks and the possibility of them
Spoiler
is an interesting idea, I don't think they've handled it well so far. Everything has been so abrupt and short and disconnected and out of the blue and the story parts have been so few and far between. This new story segment only had 10 minutes of cutscenes and conversations for a 4 month wait.
I had 3 toons waiting on Iokath for this expansion, so I was a little perturbed at the beginning when I had to haul my cookies back to Odessen to start it. The Iokath stuff at least had a point and a little background and plot to it. This felt more like a rushed job to placate those of us who weren't on board with all of the group content and new strongholds that they've been churning out lately. If they hadn't wasted time with those, I would have felt a little better about how short and seemingly random this one was, but they've released plenty of stuff between April and now, just nothing for the story that they started. I get that they are short-handed and have a bunch of new projects coming out, but they need to prioritize their time better, or hire more writers and staff.

Kyrielan
08.26.2017 , 12:18 AM | #20
To everyone talking about "The order". Did you not recognize the mask? You know who is back......

Spoiler

And
Spoiler
is out to get him. It's just too bad he couldn't let his love know.