Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Theories on the Order & Traitor (Umbara spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Theories on the Order & Traitor (Umbara spoilers)

Signalights
08.25.2017 , 05:11 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
That's why I just see this as a whole bunch of grandstanding for show on his part. He knew someone was listening.
Interesting theory, and pretty well thought out, I will give you that. But even if this is the case, there is a major problem for me: he should have taken me outside in the woods of Odessen before all this went down and had a private discussion with me one-on-one about what he was planning and why. There is no excuse for his behavior as I see it.

It makes me sad who the traitor turned out to be, too, and as much as a part of me would like to believe your theory is possible, I just can't quite swallow that his betrayal is all just a ruse for some actually good purpose that doesn't really involve killing me. Even in that case it still shows a lack of trust in me and a willingness to put my life, and other's lives, in danger for the sake of authenticity, and to lie straight to my face, which is going way too far in my book to be forgiven.

My character is mostly Lightside, but I'm still planning to kill him when I catch up with him regardless of his reasons in the end. Which does make me sad because I actually did like the guy, and I will miss him as a companion. He was one of my higher-level ones I used for crewskills and spent a lot of gifts on, too. Now I have to level a replacement.

But I accept this choice of plot twist by Bioware for the sake of the story, and I have to be true to my character's character, who never balks at killing traitors.

Anynos
08.25.2017 , 06:27 AM | #12
Very interesting theory indeed, I also after the last scene of Umbara though that this was all set up by Theron to infiltrate this whole "Order"

But I think that this whole Order motives are even more interesting. As far we can see that their gole is to completely destabilize galaxy and drag it into another galactic war, and with galactic resources going dry, it is very likely that this war will leave all major players on the brink of collapse. It's tactic very often used when you have one or multiple enemies more powerful than you, and it blocks you a possibility of defeat them, so you start to destabilize them, send them at each other, and through that weaken them to the state when you have a chance to strike, so it is very likely that someone behind The Order wants to strike at the galaxy, but Eternal Alliance, Republic and Sith Empire are too strong.

So who is behind The Order? My bet is for Malgus or Jadus, but i think that more events hints toward Jadus. Malgus in his conspiracy to take over Empire gained allies in alien spiecies and Sith/Imps that hated or were displeased with Empire's action, and when he gathered enough force, he attacked Empire directly, we never heard about destabilizing operations of his agents or something. But for Jadus, destabilizing operations more suits him, during his plans to use eradicators to wipe out his enemies and take over Empire, he created network of terrorist cells. This terrorist network used corporations and politicians like Alderaanian nobles to accomplish their goal. We know that Jadus was never executed by the Dark Council, and according to what Lana said on Iokath, he propably escaped from custody during Eternal Empire conquest. As OP said, it appears that The Order is using pirates, corporations and politicians to accomplish their goals, this time strikes throught Outer Rim and portions of Unknown Regions to destabilize galaxy, propably stretch Alliance forces to give Sith Empire and Republic upper hand. And when the time is right, Jadus will strike at the galaxy to conquer it, and start his reing of terror he always wanted to implement.

Dracofish
08.25.2017 , 07:28 AM | #13
I don't get everybody's theory about Jadus, because from what I remember he's not even mentioned in any other class stories other than the IA. Like a Jedi Knight would be Jad-a-who?

Malgus, that would make more sense because everybody knows who he is.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

Kyrrant
08.25.2017 , 11:20 AM | #14
One bit to add to Theron's actions on Umbara?

Either he's the worst shot for a spy ever, or his actions in the train cockpit were explicitly there to aid your escape: He tells you how long until the crash, the shot he fires was apparently set on "annoy", given how Lana shook off a blaster shot at point-blank range, and when he fires at an unarmed you?

He hits the controls, bringing up the ray shield and enabling his escape, sure.

And he hits the window, enabling your escape.

The only thing he doesn't hit is you... and if he had hit you, it'd be Lana standing there on the other side of the ray shield, same situation...
Begeren Colony RPer
Orell Legacy
(...yes, we do exist...)

lawfig
08.25.2017 , 12:02 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
I don't get everybody's theory about Jadus, because from what I remember he's not even mentioned in any other class stories other than the IA. Like a Jedi Knight would be Jad-a-who?

Malgus, that would make more sense because everybody knows who he is.
Didn't Malgus die in False Emperor? But hey Quinn lives even if you killed him so I guess Malgus can to.

IoNonSoEVero
08.25.2017 , 12:35 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by lawfig View Post
Didn't Malgus die in False Emperor? But hey Quinn lives even if you killed him so I guess Malgus can to.
Malgus is apparently taken by Arcann and Thexan and thrown in carbonite as a trophy, sometime after you think you've killed him and leave. As to whether he's survived being in carbonite for all those years or isn't completely insane as a result is another issue, I guess.

As for Quinn, you can't kill him in the class story at all. The only time he was killable was in the game's beta AFAIK. The worst you can do is Force choke him and throw him against a wall, but then you have to take him back on the ship. The only time you're able to kill him is when he turns up in Iokath.

Venn_Dras
08.25.2017 , 08:58 PM | #17
I just hope they don't expect us to wait another 6 months for 5.5. I can already sense the waves of Theron fans preparing for battle if this turned traitor scenario is legit.

Tadagyt
08.25.2017 , 11:26 PM | #18
If your theory is correct, then he deserves a promotion when this thing ends.

Kyrielan
08.26.2017 , 12:31 AM | #19
This is interesting reading but no one has mentioned the other person out to destroy and take over the galaxy, Revan.

Sure, we thought he put his bad side back in the container, but things happen. It doesn't necessarily need to be Revan, but the mask the guy was wearing was "The Mask of Revan", I'm pretty sure of it. Therefore, it must be one of his followers and there must be a really good reason for Theron to be joining "The Order of Revan".

Paulsutherland
08.26.2017 , 05:31 AM | #20
Anything but Revan ... that characters been butchered enough by SWTOR.

Why not do something different? (I know I'll get shot for this) but why not the have the Yuuzhan Vong and the Chiss Ascendancy?