No offense to anyone but... How do I not get bored after playing 3 days straight?

MrOGPops

I love that you can make choices in this game, I also love the combat, it's my favorite mmo/mmorpg ever and yet I always get bored after a few hours of gameplay, idk if it's the lack of combat because of all the cutscenes or something else..... I had an old account that got to lvl 70 and started doing some expansion after the hutt cartel expansion (THAT was NEVER boring) but the stuff you do like the prologue and chapters for your class/race/faction is always so BORING it's soooo hard to get through it for me, I die every second of playing the prologues and chapters, I'm only not bored once I get past that and start doing the expansions! Anyone have any sorta "How not to get bored" tips or something, Sorry I'm just complaining "Insert Face Palm Here" I don't mean any offense or harm to anyone, Just wanted to say this to everyone. :csw_jabba:

I love that you can make choices in this game, I also love the combat, it's my favorite mmo/mmorpg ever and yet I always get bored after a few hours of gameplay, idk if it's the lack of combat because of all the cutscenes or something else..... I had an old account that got to lvl 70 and started doing some expansion after the hutt cartel expansion (THAT was NEVER boring) but the stuff you do like the prologue and chapters for your class/race/faction is always so BORING it's soooo hard to get through it for me, I die every second of playing the prologues and chapters, I'm only not bored once I get past that and start doing the expansions! Anyone have any sorta "How not to get bored" tips or something, Sorry I'm just complaining "Insert Face Palm Here" I don't mean any offense or harm to anyone, Just wanted to say this to everyone. :csw_jabba:

Well mate, I would recommend you start doing side quests,there is tons to explore on every planet,try some open world pvp,try some pvp for your level,que up solo,craft if you want. There are thousands of things to do here,you just have to find what suits you the best.

My favorite thing to do here is que up for pvp. After getting level 70 there are other things to do of course - Command system. Well the grind is boring but you can aim for getting top gear.

In my oppinion there are lots of things to do if you look more. The game isn't only main quest and expansions. There are numerous other flashpoints. Try to find some friends and go on operations together. Group content can also be fun. Try Galactic Start fighter,it all depends on taste.

Join a guild,be social with other people,make friends and you will have something fun to do :)

Don't get stuck doing the same things. I'm running 3 different toons aside from my main doing their storylines.

My main is on KotET but I lost interest in that.

Of course you can explore the mysteries of Group Finder and try and find either the biggest dbags available or the nicest guys and gals and everything in between.

Unranked PvP is pretty fun, ranked is where the salt mines are though.

Don't play 3 days straight. Take a break, walk outside, do something else and come back in a day or so. It is easy to get burnt out on these type games. I'm guessing in those three days you logged a crap ton of hours in the game. Just take a break. :):) Edited by skinsrich

I know exactly what you mean, I myself am in a process of moving several of my toons through stories. While stories are fun first time you play them (with some exceptions) going through over and over is boring beyond belief. My personal favorite to blame is long distance between objectives where you drive for minutes just to click one button.

I usually get around this by playing story for up to 60 mins, not every day and rest of the time, as suggested above, other activities on mature toons.

Try to take a break every now and then. You'd get bored of anything if you did it continuously for 3 days. Try only playing for a couple of hours per day.

;):rolleyes:

This really. Well...you can always buy the "Start at 60-65" boost tokens ;) I only play maybe 2-3 days a month now, but even when I was playing more often it was only 2-3 days a week. And then I tended to play several different characters. If you've been gone a while, I strongly suggest you try adding the planetary story lines to your play-thru. Try PvP (Even a story/solo player like myself enjoys the PvP experience from time to time. :D), Give GSF (Galactic Star Fighter) a shot. I'm not a fan personally, but there are players who love it. Search for holocrons, Flashpoints, Heroics, etc.

Basically.....take time to explore all aspects of the game and see what activities you enjoy. :D

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

but the stuff you do like the prologue and chapters for your class/race/faction is always so BORING it's soooo hard to get through it for me, I die every second of playing the prologues and chapters,

Are you bored because the beginning is difficult or is it difficult because it is boring? To me, it sounds like it is the former.

If you were a subscriber in advance of some of the expansions, you got a free companion. You can get this companion on a new character from the beginning from an email terminal so that you play all the content with one. This should make things simpler. There are also companions available from the cartel market, if you don't have any of the free ones, but as I've never bought one I don't know if you can get one on a starting character, perhaps through collections. Checking Collections, it seems you have to be level 10 for all of them.

If leveling is too slow, us an xp boost, or xp boost armor if you have that subscriber benefit.

Check the difficulty of enemies, both level and difficulty type (or whatever they call them) and make sure you don't attack targets that are too many or difficult for you.

Or go to ranked, turn off chat and hope for the best :) There are more average players in ranked now and it pops quite often.

Then there's whispers and a myriad of other ways salt distributors can get to you. Ignoring people takes valuable time away from me trying to enjoy a videogame. I get enough abuse from declining duels. I'M ******* BUSY.

Yeah, regs for me all the way. Fun is always preferable to sodium.

Honestly it all depends on class for me, i absolutely love the trooper, the bounty hunter is fun and the sith is ok.

i get immensely bored as a jedi/ inquisitor. its all personal taste.

once you find a character you like in a class you like, focus on him/her. get them all the way through.

ALSO JOIN AN ACTIVE RP/PVP/PVE GUILD.

this is what keeps me above water.