Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Sanctuary of Regret

Foxfirerose
08.27.2017 , 06:15 PM | #11
Such a sweet child, and such sadness at losing her The name definitely fits. The rage and hatred that Scourge feels has to be limitless after this horrific event

Wonderfully6 well written as always

MayhemofChaonus
08.27.2017 , 06:19 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
-So from Marr, we are told that Vitiate is really Izax the Devourer, the Zakuul god of… destruction or something? So it’s interesting that the player character tells Valkorion-puppet that he devours. Is this all in-game or is the Izax thing your own device? The line that the character says about 'you don't share you devour' is actual game dialogue...the idea that the Emperor is actually Izax was my idea. It made sense to me that he's a being that lives to explore the galaxy in all ways and 'devours' to fuel his whims. They seemed to me like one and the same individual. Just like his children strike me as being Izax's children, with Vaylin as Aivela (the favored daughter)
and Nahut (Arcann) the hated son and Tyth as (Thexan). Or you could consider Thexan and Arcann as Izax's twins Aivela and Esne...Aivela being the favoured and Esne being the Jealous. There are definite parallels to what we're seeing there with Zakuul's mythology.
Excuse me while I nerd out here:

Izax is the Zakullian god of Death, and the final boss of the Iokath op (hype hype hype :P). Zildrog is the Zakuulian god of Annihilation, sort of like the Chaos Serpent in Egyptian mythology who is supposed to end Zakuul and the Eternal Empire as we know it at some point in the future according to the Heralds of Zildrog...

There is a lot of mythology to unpack here, but because I enjoy the hell out of that sort of thing, imma lay it out as I see it. There's two Zakuulian gods to which Tenebrae parallels himself with. The first is Izax: The god of Death. This is because he's immortal and can seemingly kill almost anyone at will. Plus there's the fact that Izax is a "Devourer" and we are all well acquainted with Tene's abilities in that regard...RIP Ziost and Nathema.

The second god he parallels himself with is Zildrog the Destroyer. Zildrog is said to be an ancient winged serpent...kinda like a dragon, that sleeps in the Eternal Swamp. According to legend Zildrog will one day rise to destroy the world and the gods as Zakuulian's know it. The first parallel between Zil and Tene is Valkorian's family crest, which on the gold belt buckle of both Thexan's and Arcann's armor. Valkorian's own armor has the crest too I believe and even has serpent images carved on it. I think there's even a little serpent head protruding from the top of the chest plate or something. The crest is...you guessed it, a winged serpent that looks kinda like a dragon.

The second parallel is
Spoiler
the "Dragon of Zakuul" which could only be Zildrog, is meant to be Valkorian. Thus telling us that in some capacity, Tenebrae considers himself to be Zildrog.

However, another interesting tidbit is that we eventually use the phrase against him
Spoiler
, which if you think about it as just a way for the writers to point at what is really happening here:

Think about the prophecy of Zildrog (as I understand it from overheard Herald convos and internet research):

One day the great serpent Zildrog will rise to destroy the gods and the world along with them, remaking it in his own image.

Who does that sound like to you? Couldn't be the Outlander could it? Naw, and it most DEFINITELY couldn't be a perfect description of Valkorian himself 300 years ago when he founded the Eternal Empire and destroyed the Old Ways by becoming the "god-king" of Zakuul...nawwww that's just speculation But seriously Valky claimed to be the "Demon Savior" of Zakuulian prophecy (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Demon_Savior) who was said to be the one destined to destroy the Old Gods and "climb beyond Izax's reach" Izax being equal to death for Zakuulians...

What is MOST interesting that I found, is that Zildrog was believed, under the Old Ways, to be an aspect of Izax, his "end of the world" form as it were. If this is true than it only makes sense that you would refer to Valkorian as Izax Luna, because he is Izax, Zildrog, and the Demon Savior all in one monstrous but oh-so-suave immortal package!

The Outlander actually fits the bill of Zildrog too as you can probably see by now.
Spoiler

Quote:
I haven’t played KOTET, mostly because I’m stuck in this obnoxious quandary: my Warrior is my “RP/story” toon. If I join the Empire on Iokath I can kill Saresh but not Quinn, and if I join the Republic I can kill Quinn but not Saresh. WHAT DO! To me, that decision is very easy. KILL SARESH! But then again, I love Quinn.
How is that possible? I thought Saresh's death had no effect on whether you could kill Quinn or not...mind explaining? :$
"The weak will always be victims. That is the way of the universe. The strong take what they want, and the weak suffer at their hands. That is their fate; it is inevitable. Only the strong survive, because only the strong deserve to" - Darth Bane
May the Force forsake you

Lunafox
08.27.2017 , 06:36 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MayhemofChaonus View Post

Izax is the Zakullian god of Death, and the final boss of the Iokath op (hype hype hype :P). Zildrog is the Zakuulian god of Annihilation, sort of like the Chaos Serpent in Egyptian mythology who is supposed to end Zakuul and the Eternal Empire as we know it at some point in the future according to the Heralds of Zildrog...

There is a lot of mythology to unpack here, but because I enjoy the hell out of that sort of thing, imma lay it out as I see it. There's two Zakuulian gods to which Tenebrae parallels himself with. The first is Izax: The god of Death. This is because he's immortal and can seemingly kill almost anyone at will. Plus there's the fact that Izax is a "Devourer" and we are all well acquainted with Tene's abilities in that regard...RIP Ziost and Nathema.

The second god he parallels himself with is Zildrog the Destroyer. Zildrog is said to be an ancient winged serpent...kinda like a dragon, that sleeps in the Eternal Swamp. According to legend Zildrog will one day rise to destroy the world and the gods as Zakuulian's know it. The first parallel between Zil and Tene is Valkorian's family crest, which on the gold belt buckle of both Thexan's and Arcann's armor. Valkorian's own armor has the crest too I believe and even has serpent images carved on it. I think there's even a little serpent head protruding from the top of the chest plate or something. The crest is...you guessed it, a winged serpent that looks kinda like a dragon.

The second parallel is
Spoiler
the "Dragon of Zakuul" which could only be Zildrog, is meant to be Valkorian. Thus telling us that in some capacity, Tenebrae considers himself to be Zildrog.

However, another interesting tidbit is that we eventually use the phrase against him
Spoiler
, which if you think about it as just a way for the writers to point at what is really happening here:

Think about the prophecy of Zildrog (as I understand it from overheard Herald convos and internet research):

One day the great serpent Zildrog will rise to destroy the gods and the world along with them, remaking it in his own image.

Who does that sound like to you? Couldn't be the Outlander could it? Naw, and it most DEFINITELY couldn't be a perfect description of Valkorian himself 300 years ago when he founded the Eternal Empire and destroyed the Old Ways by becoming the "god-king" of Zakuul...nawwww that's just speculation But seriously Valky claimed to be the "Demon Savior" of Zakuulian prophecy (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Demon_Savior) who was said to be the one destined to destroy the Old Gods and "climb beyond Izax's reach" Izax being equal to death for Zakuulians...

What is MOST interesting that I found, is that Zildrog was believed, under the Old Ways, to be an aspect of Izax, his "end of the world" form as it were. If this is true than it only makes sense that you would refer to Valkorian as Izax Luna, because he is Izax, Zildrog, and the Demon Savior all in one monstrous but oh-so-suave immortal package!

The Outlander actually fits the bill of Zildrog too as you can probably see by now.
Spoiler

How is that possible? I thought Saresh's death had no effect on whether you could kill Quinn or not...mind explaining? :$
I'll have to get back to this later when I can respond in more depth, but I just wanted to say, that the last quote is not mine, that was Divicious'. I've played through all the aspects of the game. I killed Saresh in the game and had I wanted to, I could've killed Quinn, I don't see there being any impact of her death affecting anything to do with Quinn...but seeing as I love Quinn, it's out of the question that I would kill him.

Lunafox
08.27.2017 , 06:40 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Foxfirerose View Post
Such a sweet child, and such sadness at losing her The name definitely fits. The rage and hatred that Scourge feels has to be limitless after this horrific event

Wonderfully6 well written as always
Scourge is livid and his grief has hit new lows...he thought in this way he could cheat death and continue the Marr line with this last clone of Liatrix, but alas it wasn't meant to be, and it also harkens back to the clone he killed in Foundation, because of the monstrous vision he had of the Emperor. I think he understands to some level what he did to Balkar in killing that clone. Karma is a bit of a bish here.

But he has his rage and being made to watch helplessly as everything he'd built was destroyed has given him a motive to go after Zakuul.

And thank you for reading and your kind comment. <3

MishaCantu
08.27.2017 , 06:44 PM | #15
Scourge on a rant, losing what little he has left of his family. It will be interesting to see where you take it from here. It would explain what he was doing the whole time Liatrix spends after being released from carbonite. It is, however, sad to think that their daughter and her son with Theron are dead. If I read that correctly that is.

Perhaps you will deviate enough in the story to have Theron break her out of carbonite instead of Lana, but we shall see how far around the bend and down that rabbit hole you want to go.

Looking forward to the rest.

Diviciacus
08.27.2017 , 07:30 PM | #16
Hi Lunafox RR Martin!

Read this chapter! Overall, not as big a fan of this one as I was the last (but then I've never really been in the pro-Scourge camp either). Anyway! commentary after the break!

Secundum Caput
Spoiler
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Eiter
08.27.2017 , 07:38 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MishaCantu View Post
It is, however, sad to think that their daughter and her son with Theron are dead. If I read that correctly that is.
Well, Scourge would believe them to be. However, if I recall Spy vs Spy correctly... Well.

(YAY, new story! Great work, as always, Lunafox )

Diviciacus
08.27.2017 , 09:00 PM | #18
From what I've gathered on the forums, if you side with the Empire you can't kill Quinn, but to kill Saresh you must side with the Empire. Which means I have to decide which of the two my Warrior hates more. (Of course headcanon is no problem because Quinn is dead dead on that station he betrays the Warrior on.)
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Lunafox
08.27.2017 , 09:35 PM | #19

The second parallel is
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ok, I'm not being called away for supper, so I have a bit more time to answer now. Nerd away, by all means I see you enjoy the mythology as much or perhaps even more than I do. When I was researching this stuff, way back, I read in the wookiepedia that Izax had many forms, but the devourer one seemed to me to be most like Vitiate and Tenebrae...they were destroyers and devourers and I felt that it fit, and that perhaps with each different body The Emperor/Izax/Vitiate/Valkie whatever you want to call him, he would change aspects, perhaps even in a cycle like the pagan goddess...maiden/mother/crone...except with the Emperor, he'd be destroyer/devourer/and builder at some point, because he would need to create to fuel the purpose of his Zildrog and Izax incarnations.

The demon saviour is an interesting bit of lore I've been mulling over as well. But because it doesn't fit in with the notion I had about building/destroying/devouring, in my thinking it's not Valkorion. It's not even the Outlander, but this is my thinking alone, because I have ideas lol. It makes me happy that I've had demons in my story. Demons are the most fascinating of creatures honeslty.

I also consider that piddly little lizard Zildrog something that Izax would devour to become a full dragon, or perhaps it's just when he grows up. Either way, Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorion/ (I'm going to have to start referring to him as TVV or something lol, typing his incarnations gets lengthy.)

It is fascinating stuff, and I do enjoy exploring it all. I'm glad I'm not the only one to see parrallels in all of this, or people might begin to think I'm crazy--er.

Lunafox
08.27.2017 , 09:40 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by MishaCantu View Post
Scourge on a rant, losing what little he has left of his family. It will be interesting to see where you take it from here. It would explain what he was doing the whole time Liatrix spends after being released from carbonite. It is, however, sad to think that their daughter and her son with Theron are dead. If I read that correctly that is.

Perhaps you will deviate enough in the story to have Theron break her out of carbonite instead of Lana, but we shall see how far around the bend and down that rabbit hole you want to go.

Looking forward to the rest.
I hope it will be interesting, it's always a worry and a risk with writing. And yes, that is exactly what I was thinking, that this way we know what he was doing and suck while she was carbonized and even why for a time he'd not be around. I think it will lead to a more seamless execution of story than we got in the game. At least, that's why I'm hoping for.

Sadly, at this point, those poor children may as well be dead. No one knows where they are, no one knows they live and circumstances tend to complicate things further still. It's like Eiter said, that Scourge would think they are dead...and any of the people who knew them, would think they're dead.

With the things that have happened between Liatrix and Theron, I don't see him as being the one to rescue her, I think that will fall on others and I hope my take will be fun. At least it will be different lol.

Thanks for reading and for taking the time to comment, it's appreciated. <3