Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

StephenReid
12.13.2011 , 08:49 PM | #721
Hey all - while we have no definitive update on this yet (that'll come tomorrow, I hope, after our investigation concludes) I did want to point out one important thing.

There have been some suggestions of characters running around on servers in the 30-40 range today. We have the metrics here, and the highest level character as of 30 minutes ago is considerably lower level than that.

Again, we take this seriously, and we're looking to see if this is an exploit that we need to rectify - but don't let rumor and speculation run too rampant.

Bloodylittle
12.13.2011 , 08:51 PM | #722
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDirtyRider View Post
I really hope they do banhammer. Not permanently. But a 1-5 day ban is totally warranted here. If they don't ban they are going to set a really bad tone for the rest of the game.

Go ahead and exploit, because you will probably get away with it.
Not saying that it isn't warranted...problem is this company seems so scared/timid to impact their launch, i.e., the cautious 1st day invites, that they aren't willing to risk the bad PR that comes with rollbacks/bans on a problem that they should have caught.

Its a lose lose for them...what I don't understand is why they haven't fixed it yet.

That scares me about this company.
<3

Toggy
12.13.2011 , 08:52 PM | #723
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Hey all - while we have no definitive update on this yet (that'll come tomorrow, I hope, after our investigation concludes) I did want to point out one important thing.

There have been some suggestions of characters running around on servers in the 30-40 range today. We have the metrics here, and the highest level character as of 30 minutes ago is considerably lower level than that.

Again, we take this seriously, and we're looking to see if this is an exploit that we need to rectify - but don't let rumor and speculation run too rampant.

And thus is why I was asking for proof from someone.. ANYONE that we have a 40+ player.

Either way, this needs to be fixed asap.
When will now be then.

Gogh
12.13.2011 , 08:52 PM | #724

"Metrics, do you haz it?"

11.11.11: "Never Forget."

medicalprobe
12.13.2011 , 08:52 PM | #725

maybe your metrics are as flawed as your warzone exp for closing early?
TRAUMA
Trooper - Commando - Combat Medic

SupremeJim
12.13.2011 , 08:52 PM | #726
Someone mention they would never roll the servers back because it would be "unfair"?

I think a lot of people are complaining because most of us are still locked out while others can play.. sounds right and fair to me. O.o

Not that I care that much, didn't have much time to play today anyways even if I was chosen. Just sayin...
I am sick of hearing people try and claim that other MMO's are copy/paste of WoW. An MMO looks like WoW because WoW IS AN MMO.
~Phycosis

Dorrick
12.13.2011 , 08:52 PM | #727

Thanks SR! We know you guys will handle this as delicately and as professionally as you guys always do. Keep up the great work!

mountains
12.13.2011 , 08:54 PM | #728

Thanks for the response. I'll edit an offending post I made

But really, it's good to see that Bioware is working on this. I have every confidence that you guys can suitably resolve what's going on.

stealthrider
12.13.2011 , 08:54 PM | #729
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadouplus View Post
Nope because it cheapens the intended leveling experience. (removes you from the intended leveling content)
How does leveling through PvP cheapen the intended PvP leveling experience?

Go play CoH if you hate PvP so much. That's the quintessential carebear game.
 /l、
(゚、 。 7 - Adorable cat is adorable.
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Bloodylittle
12.13.2011 , 08:55 PM | #730

Don't take this the wrong way, but you stated earlier that this was a known issue. If you are taking it seriously, wouldn't this have been #1 on the priority list to resolve?...i.e., "fixing" this ASAP?

Just a thought.
<3