Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

Frankgrimez's Avatar


Frankgrimez
12.14.2011 , 04:57 PM | #1081
I don't believe the failed 2 min ques giving ANY, let alone FULL XP and comms is "working as intended"....therefore is definitely an exploit. It wouldn't matter that the server is underpopulated for whatever reason. All an underpopulated server should do is cause numerous failed ques (2 mins each) and should not give you anything. You didn't actually join a match. Once a match does start, it typically lasts 15-20 mins. So earning 7k EXP plus comms over 20 mins is fine...whereas sitting in 10, 2 min long failed ques, earning 70k exp over that same 20 mins IS NOT FINE.

StephenReid's Avatar


StephenReid
12.14.2011 , 05:58 PM | #1082
This is not the full update, yet - I'd like Gabe Amatangelo to weigh in. There is one important thing to note, however.

No-one is 'exploiting' this aspect of the game. We have looked at the metrics across every server, and no-one is earning an unusual amount of experience from PvP Warzones. In fact, when looking at the top-level players in the entire game, they are gaining XP fastest from completing quests. Also as of this morning, our top player on all servers was not in the 30-40 level range. They probably are now, but then they've been playing a lot - and gaining the bulk of their XP from normal quests.

In other words, whoever started this rumor was either confused or deliberately trying to start confusion.

Like I said, I'm tracking down Gabe to talk more about how Warzone XP is allocated and the design decisions behind it. Right now, however, we do not see this as an exploit. In simple terms, a player can gain more XP in the same period of time from normal play than from doing this.

More when I track down Gabe and nail him to a keyboard.

Cona's Avatar


Cona
12.14.2011 , 06:15 PM | #1083
awesome, they care about fake player concerns

Stephen Reid, super nice job with the information flow to us

Sarcerok's Avatar


Sarcerok
12.14.2011 , 06:19 PM | #1084
My biggest concern here is that you seem to be saying that you know there will be a number of people at or close to L50 before some pre-ordered customers are even allowed to join the pre-order play period. My concern is not so much how those people got to that level, but the perception of lack of fair play that this creates, especially on pvp servers. I also have some concerns that an influx of pvp gear will damage the demand for player crafted goods in the virtual economy.

I see that the servers show relatively low loads, I am guessing the issue is that what load there is is still concentrated in the newbie areas such that the player concentrations are higher than the server loads imply?

Poolerzeus's Avatar


Poolerzeus
12.14.2011 , 06:19 PM | #1085
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
This is not the full update, yet - I'd like Gabe Amatangelo to weigh in. There is one important thing to note, however.

No-one is 'exploiting' this aspect of the game. We have looked at the metrics across every server, and no-one is earning an unusual amount of experience from PvP Warzones. In fact, when looking at the top-level players in the entire game, they are gaining XP fastest from completing quests. Also as of this morning, our top player on all servers was not in the 30-40 level range. They probably are now, but then they've been playing a lot - and gaining the bulk of their XP from normal quests.

In other words, whoever started this rumor was either confused or deliberately trying to start confusion.

Like I said, I'm tracking down Gabe to talk more about how Warzone XP is allocated and the design decisions behind it. Right now, however, we do not see this as an exploit. In simple terms, a player can gain more XP in the same period of time from normal play than from doing this.

More when I track down Gabe and nail him to a keyboard.
Ok and what about the recommendations and credits earned in 2 minutes instead 20-30 minutes ? Were they lowered down or the same ? Maybe ask Gabe about that too if possible. Thanks.

JediMasterRyanW's Avatar


JediMasterRyanW
12.14.2011 , 06:20 PM | #1086
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarcerok View Post
My biggest concern here is that you seem to be saying that you know there will be a number of people at or close to L50 before some pre-ordered customers are even allowed to join the pre-order play period. My concern is not so much how those people got to that level, but the perception of lack of fair play that this creates, especially on pvp servers. I also have some concerns that an influx of pvp gear will damage the demand for player crafted goods in the virtual economy.

I see that the servers show relatively low loads, I am guessing the issue is that what load there is is still concentrated in the newbie areas such that the player concentrations are higher than the server loads imply?
Unless you level as fast as they do, you'd end up having to compete with level 50s anyway while you leveled. And if you do level as fast as they do, you'll catch up and get to 50 yourself in a few days anyway.

BubbleDncr's Avatar


BubbleDncr
12.14.2011 , 06:22 PM | #1087
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarcerok View Post
My biggest concern here is that you seem to be saying that you know there will be a number of people at or close to L50 before some pre-ordered customers are even allowed to join the pre-order play period. My concern is not so much how those people got to that level, but the perception of lack of fair play that this creates, especially on pvp servers. I also have some concerns that an influx of pvp gear will damage the demand for player crafted goods in the virtual economy.

I see that the servers show relatively low loads, I am guessing the issue is that what load there is is still concentrated in the newbie areas such that the player concentrations are higher than the server loads imply?
I think whoever it is that preordered Day 1 to get Day 1 early access, and has played enough in 36 hours to be level 30-40 probably is one of the most dedicated fans of the game. And since one of the points of early access was to reward the most dedicated fans, I don't see a problem here.

Zolaz's Avatar


Zolaz
12.14.2011 , 06:24 PM | #1088
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
This is not the full update, yet - I'd like Gabe Amatangelo to weigh in. There is one important thing to note, however.

No-one is 'exploiting' this aspect of the game. We have looked at the metrics across every server, and no-one is earning an unusual amount of experience from PvP Warzones. In fact, when looking at the top-level players in the entire game, they are gaining XP fastest from completing quests. Also as of this morning, our top player on all servers was not in the 30-40 level range. They probably are now, but then they've been playing a lot - and gaining the bulk of their XP from normal quests.

In other words, whoever started this rumor was either confused or deliberately trying to start confusion.

Like I said, I'm tracking down Gabe to talk more about how Warzone XP is allocated and the design decisions behind it. Right now, however, we do not see this as an exploit. In simple terms, a player can gain more XP in the same period of time from normal play than from doing this.

More when I track down Gabe and nail him to a keyboard.
Hey Super Genius Stephen Reid ... which is easier to macro?

TheGhostAgent's Avatar


TheGhostAgent
12.14.2011 , 06:35 PM | #1089
Wow, good to see that they're so on top of things. Really. Even if it's some crazy rumor. Other gaming community managers can really follow his example of what a job well done is. Other developer/community managers would just say, "L2P, we're right you're wrong."

Mackuss's Avatar


Mackuss
12.14.2011 , 06:41 PM | #1090
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenreid View Post
this is not the full update, yet - i'd like gabe amatangelo to weigh in. There is one important thing to note, however.

No-one is 'exploiting' this aspect of the game. We have looked at the metrics across every server, and no-one is earning an unusual amount of experience from pvp warzones. In fact, when looking at the top-level players in the entire game, they are gaining xp fastest from completing quests. Also as of this morning, our top player on all servers was not in the 30-40 level range. They probably are now, but then they've been playing a lot - and gaining the bulk of their xp from normal quests.

In other words, whoever started this rumor was either confused or deliberately trying to start confusion.

Like i said, i'm tracking down gabe to talk more about how warzone xp is allocated and the design decisions behind it. Right now, however, we do not see this as an exploit. In simple terms, a player can gain more xp in the same period of time from normal play than from doing this.

More when i track down gabe and nail him to a keyboard.
paaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh
while(horse.State == dead)
{
horse.beat();
}