Sorcerer Healing Line: Not That Great?

Vathone

Just have a rather simple question, does anyone besides me feel that the talents in the healing line for the sorc are rather lack luster? I find myself never excited to level up and get a new talent because most of them are nearly useless when it comes to inproving healing.

However on the other side of the coin, in the lightning line I find myself having a hard time deciding between talents because they are nearly all great in adding to damage....

It's a boring talent system overall not just that tree. Just power on through.

ed. and it's not called a 'Line' it's a Talent Tree.

Although it is called a "tree", it does seem like "line" is the better word. It's not like there are a whole lot of options in these trees. There aren't too many possible creative builds

I don't know if any of you played WoW, but before Blizzard switched to the 31 point method, talent trees had some nice, important talents while many of them were mediocre. It was a nightmare for theorycrafters (compared to the 31 point version) to optimize with a ton of smaller choices.

The argument is that the smaller trees are more casual-friendly in that it is pretty easy to differentiate PvE for PvP talents. These trees are more clear cut by having talents that make you say, "Would I rather give a player a 10/20% speed burst or snare mobs by 10/20%?" The other perspective is "I can give a player 5/10/15/20% speed burst or snare mobs by 5/10/15/20%?" The latter method makes talent points a little less lackluster than the current system in my opinion.

But I do agree that overall, it's a less-than-exciting system.

the healing tree is very top heavy, I think they did this to keep people from splashing healing then sucking at it, I think it doesn't really become cool to get a talent until very far along the way when you get Innvervate and things. The two dps trees are nice cause you always seem to be getting something new or exciting.

Overall the talent system is a bit lack luster imo, what i look forward to is the lvl rewards not the talents

Innervate, resurgence, force bending and the static barrier talents are the main things in the corruption tree. Everything else helps a little here and there, but those are the main talents.

Part of me is a little sad at the lack of diversity, but then I realize: WoW was a series of cookie cutter specs, and if you didn't use it, you were probably not accepted into raids/guilds. There was almost no room for straying from the norm there, either. What's the point of adding in extra talents if no one will ever use them?