Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is SWTOR a dead game?

Naviiii
09.13.2017 , 09:19 PM | #41
I originally started this game back when it launched in Australia and we had dedicated Australian servers. I played on and off for a bit until our servers got closed and I was forced to move so my toon ended up on Harbinger. When I first played there was heaps of people everywhere as you'd expect for a brand new game.

I'm not one of these people that stay subbed since launch and the last time I played it was was when Rise of the Hutt Cartel was the current xpac and back then Harbinger was active and still had plenty of people around

It's been about 4-5 years since i last subbed and i'm bored of WoW and FFXIV so I decided to come back and I dunno about other servers but Harbinger still seems pretty active and popular. When I go to fleet there's heaps of people hanging around. The dungeon queues aren't too bad either though PVP queues seem to take ages to pop.

I wouldn't say SWTOR is dead, dying for sure but most MMO are declining in players so that's nothing specific to this game.

Ansultares
09.14.2017 , 04:37 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Naviiii View Post
When I go to fleet there's heaps of people hanging around. The dungeon queues aren't too bad either though PVP queues seem to take ages to pop.
Harb imp fleet has half or less the activity I remember seeing previous stretches I've subbed for, even as recently as about 18 months ago.

Barely breaks a second instance, even during US west coast prime time, and when it does the second instance is usually only a few people.

The question posed in the thread title is multifaceted, but by most metrics it seems that the game is indeed dead.
Snare