Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is SWTOR a dead game?

cool-dude
08.24.2017 , 12:27 PM | #11
I'd say this game has until the contracts with the VOs end.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"

SammuelColdheart
08.24.2017 , 09:39 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
I'm on that very server but it's an RP server (mostly). So people prioritise differently.
Well that really depends on the community with which you move... if you go to places like DK or Nar Shadaa, you are definitely seeing people role-playing. But if you stick to Imperial Fleet and Odessen, you will mostly be among community of PvE-rs and PvP-ers... who rarely even consider role-playing...

You have to ask around to get groups for most other things though. Uprisings are completely dead at least SM anyway. I once set a que and forgot about it for 2 hours.....zip. For Ops get in a guild.
Well, mostly its better to ask and play with people you know. For example I greatly enjoy playing with my guildmates, because all of them are experienced players... if we have new people among our ranks we always make sure they go throughout proper explaining, so they don't get killed. Everything else depends on the person.

As far for Uprising, you are absolutely correct here... unfortunately Uprising is pretty much none existences, but I thought this is the same thing for all the servers. Players play Uprising when there is experience event... they are faster and you can get a lot more experience for short time. Of course you will never reach the amount you would get with Master and Veteran FPs...

My guild (my BH got a random invite) apparently has 808 members, only 20 or so are active players. 5 of whom are alts of the same player.
Well my guild is no different, we have around 800 members, where most active players have alternatives (me for example I have 15+ of those... but only 5 or so are in the guild, cause they are the only ones I play)... but we get quite good amount of active players to run at least couple of ops... up to 14-16 players online for two entirely different groups. Of course we have outsiders who are basically part of our Guild, just they aren't in it actually, but in their RP guild... cause those people enjoy RP, but still love PvE as much. It really depends from the group of people with which you will gather and how lucky you are...
Feel free to use my referral link, for 7 day premium and a bunch of cool stuffs, which would actually cost cartel coins

TheRobDaCool
08.26.2017 , 03:48 PM | #13
No, not dead. But after playing the 2 expansions it seems they're turning this into a Final Fantasy game lol

orangenee
08.26.2017 , 05:51 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRobDaCool View Post
No, not dead. But after playing the 2 expansions it seems they're turning this into a Final Fantasy game lol
Thought I was the only one who noticed the parallels there.

Half expected Theron to don a Buster sword......
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

TheRobDaCool
08.27.2017 , 04:56 AM | #15
Thought I was the only one who noticed the parallels there.

Half expected Theron to don a Buster sword......
Isn't this the only MMO that's been out more than 5 years and has never added a class? OR never will lol

mrdrsenorpeanut
08.27.2017 , 08:02 AM | #16
No, SWTOR is far from a dead game. Not to mention that I have faith in Keith turning things around.
Satele Shan:
Vice
Star Forge:
Your Companion

DenariusJay
08.27.2017 , 11:41 AM | #17
It's not dead. Dead would mean you can't login and EA shut down the servers.

A better question is, is SWTOR a dying game? Since 5.0 happened, I would say theirs a good debate in favor of yes.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

DarthWoad
08.27.2017 , 12:43 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
It's not dead. Dead would mean you can't login and EA shut down the servers.

A better question is, is SWTOR a dying game? Since 5.0 happened, I would say theirs a good debate in favor of yes.
I dont think anyone is taking the term dead literally here. We all know what he means when he says "dead".

I think SWTOR is a dead game due to the wasted potential.
Founder of The Old Republic
Returning to the game? Get 7 days FREE subscription by clicking here

orangenee
08.28.2017 , 05:50 AM | #19
I did hear rumours of an open world SW RPG a few months back.

If those rumours are true, bye bye SWTOR. Rumours are rumours though.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

merovejec
08.28.2017 , 07:22 AM | #20
I did hear rumours of an open world SW RPG a few months back.

If those rumours are true, bye bye SWTOR. Rumours are rumours though.
yes there is one coming but development will take years and still, its not an online game, just single players one-time playthrough.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040