Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is SWTOR a dead game?

Stoneciano
08.13.2017 , 08:54 AM | #1
Hi i'm a returning player from 3 years ago and i have been playing this game for a while and i can't seem to find anyone to play PVP with so this question is starting to dawn on me "Is SWTOR a dead game?"

orangenee
08.13.2017 , 09:29 AM | #2
Server dependent really.

Red Eclipse is the server to do PvP in Europe. Can't speak for US.

I will add mind you, the game is starting to breathe heavily. Not even a slight showing at E3 this year.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

AarenJ
08.13.2017 , 10:57 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
Server dependent really.

Red Eclipse is the server to do PvP in Europe. Can't speak for US.

I will add mind you, the game is starting to breathe heavily. Not even a slight showing at E3 this year.
If the last expansions were anything to go by then it can't make it to the toilet on time either.

merovejec
08.15.2017 , 05:18 AM | #4
The game has seen better days. Although many veteran players left or are leaving the game got a lot of new players so it is doing pretty well now. Its definitely not dead, but some servers are deserted due to the cheap transfers.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

ObsidianBones
08.15.2017 , 02:21 PM | #5
Ebon Hawk almost always has players doing PvP, OPS, or group FPs. Really helpful population for new and returning players.

SammuelColdheart
08.16.2017 , 02:38 PM | #6
The Progenitor in Europe is quite active... there is a lot of players, for FP's, PvP's... and so on!
Feel free to use my referral link, for 7 day premium and a bunch of cool stuffs, which would actually cost cartel coins

orangenee
08.16.2017 , 05:50 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SammuelColdheart View Post
The Progenitor in Europe is quite active... there is a lot of players, for FP's, PvP's... and so on!
I'm on that very server but it's an RP server (mostly). So people prioritise differently.

Going from the general on the fleet there's often people complaining about the lack of PvP there but PvPers always complain about everything so it may be hot air.

You are quite correct about FPs though, pops in like 10 seconds or less for everything. Even for non-Hammer Station ones. Whether you get to complete one is a different matter, but pugs are gonna pug.

You have to ask around to get groups for most other things though. Uprisings are completely dead at least SM anyway. I once set a que and forgot about it for 2 hours.....zip. For Ops get in a guild.

My guild (my BH got a random invite) apparently has 808 members, only 20 or so are active players. 5 of whom are alts of the same player.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Celise
08.17.2017 , 08:21 AM | #8
http://www.swtor.com/server-status

when some of those servers start seeing medium, you know which ones are the most used.

SeCKSEgai
08.17.2017 , 10:30 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
http://www.swtor.com/server-status

when some of those servers start seeing medium, you know which ones are the most used.
As far as the US goes, the last time I checked only Harb coud hit standard and everything else was light. After being gone for a year and coming back to check on how things are, it's unfortunately how I expected it to be.

Pugs are fewer in nature, and a lot less competent than before.

PVP/GSF queues aren't as strong (not that GSF was ever strong when I started).

Most of the people that helped make the game fun for me left after I did - not because I left but because of general dissatisfaction.

I would classify this game in "maintenance mode" - not literally dead but not really alive either.
Réiyn - Maryss - Rölánd - Monéy - Retrocide - Reiyñ

Rélentless - Reíyn - Rölañd - Tàtiana

BradTheImpaler
08.23.2017 , 01:57 PM | #10
Nope.
Trolls have been claiming it's dead for the past three to four years.
"The gullible prattle on about the triumph of truth and justice, of individualism and free will, as if such things were solid and real instead of simple subjective judgments."
- Supreme Leader Snoke