Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bioware, give us a double CxP event again before 5.4.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware, give us a double CxP event again before 5.4.

NogueiraA's Avatar


NogueiraA
08.12.2017 , 11:38 AM | #1
Dear BioLOVEDware
How about a double CxP week event so we can prepare for next patch?
On top of that to really make people play the game, you could make a double UC event, PVP and GSF would pop like crazy

Thanks!
La'izen | Sentinel
Jedi Laizen | Guardian
Satele Shan
BETA tester

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
08.12.2017 , 11:40 AM | #2
They should make the bonus permanent.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

jimmorrisson's Avatar


jimmorrisson
08.12.2017 , 03:04 PM | #3
Agreed only not make it another "event" make it permanent. Doubling the current CXP is in line of what was promised when 5.0 was launched.

The only issue doubling current would be the command tokens provided within the crates. Just reduce by half the command tokens each tier crate provides.

Players will at least feel they are progressing even though they still will be depending on unassembled components to upgrade their gear.

MidichIorian's Avatar


MidichIorian
08.12.2017 , 05:44 PM | #4
Yeah something has to be done because it's so painfully slow now that it's really not worth grinding - meaning that i play less than I otherwise would have. Also, with the current server populations it wouldnt hurt if they significally increased CXP for solo activities, such as dailies and planetary heroics, so you got something to fill the time with. As of now you have to run so many that you might aswell just stand on fleet and wait for some raid or queue pop.

I would:
* Have 2 x CXP on at all times
OR
* Significally increase the legacy buff
* Significally increase the legacy buff from having a 300 character
* Make the gear tokens legacy bound
* Increase value of CXP tokens

DraonaiMimnov's Avatar


DraonaiMimnov
08.12.2017 , 07:11 PM | #5
Double EXP would be nice too.
Shadowlands
Covenant of the Phoenix

Suzsi's Avatar


Suzsi
08.12.2017 , 08:20 PM | #6
A full double xp event would be nice. A couple of class stories I wouldn't mind repeating again if I don't have to wade through the boring planetary stories to do it.

Willjb's Avatar


Willjb
08.12.2017 , 08:52 PM | #7
I totally agree. The way CXP is now is pretty skimpy and not alt friendly.

Suzsi's Avatar


Suzsi
08.12.2017 , 09:09 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Willjb View Post
I totally agree. The way CXP is now is pretty skimpy and not alt friendly.
They did increase the cxp for story mode chapters which I was one of several asking for a while back. Happy to see that went through. Its not amazing but a big improvement on what it was for solo pve and story player folks. Its worthwhile repeating my fav chapters now at least. Think im around level 60 to 70 cmd on my 'main' ( as if i really have a main heh) and get 1 level per 2 chapters. Not hating that change

Kittybear's Avatar


Kittybear
08.12.2017 , 11:41 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
A full double xp event would be nice. A couple of class stories I wouldn't mind repeating again if I don't have to wade through the boring planetary stories to do it.
roflmao if i do a new char i'm already are able to level to 50+ on class story alone, getting double exp would get me around level 70 at the end of the class story. and usually i forget to use my free exp boosters i get from the class story, in the end i have to delete them because they are bound and useless. if only i could give them away. (got to admit i do have the full set of exp armor that gives me 50% exp bonus already). to be honest i think it should stop with the exp boosts i liked it better when it took me about 4 days on played time to get to level 50 then now the 8 hours or less to 70.
i find it to hard to level slowly, been running a char with out armor, weapons exp boost and no rested exp and only pvp punching skills to level only took me 32 hours to get to 70 . it is like Jaesa says sometimes it worth taking things slowly, instead of getting instant gratification (hope i used that word in the right way )

cxp boosts i am fine with, i do not care if i get more or less crates, i see them as bonuses to what i am already doing, i see the gear vendors as main way of getting gear.

Dekibra's Avatar


Dekibra
08.13.2017 , 04:12 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kittybear View Post
roflmao if i do a new char i'm already are able to level to 50+ on class story alone, getting double exp would get me around level 70 at the end of the class story. and usually i forget to use my free exp boosters i get from the class story, in the end i have to delete them because they are bound and useless. if only i could give them away. (got to admit i do have the full set of exp armor that gives me 50% exp bonus already). to be honest i think it should stop with the exp boosts i liked it better when it took me about 4 days on played time to get to level 50 then now the 8 hours or less to 70.
i find it to hard to level slowly, been running a char with out armor, weapons exp boost and no rested exp and only pvp punching skills to level only took me 32 hours to get to 70 . it is like Jaesa says sometimes it worth taking things slowly, instead of getting instant gratification (hope i used that word in the right way )

cxp boosts i am fine with, i do not care if i get more or less crates, i see them as bonuses to what i am already doing, i see the gear vendors as main way of getting gear.
Let the ones who want double xp have it
(there is a vendor on the fleet where you can buy the ability to switch double xp off)

OT: /signed - even make the double cxp permanent to at least lower the grind for alts