Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please make everything solo-playable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Please make everything solo-playable

IoNonSoEVero
08.13.2017 , 12:30 AM | #11
The bottom line with the cinematics in Oricon is that regardless if they are in the middle of the Ops or at the end, you can't see them unless you do the Op. So as a solo player, you do all of these other quests on Oricon, see those cinematics, get the Imperial officers who tell you that they're ready to storm the Dread Fortress...and then the story ends for you. You never get to see what happens or finish the storyline.

If they wanted to change that so that you could opt in to seeing/experiencing the remainder of the cinematics on your character without the Ops, I'd be very happy.

For the rest, I'd personally appreciate more solo mode flashpoints.

Slowpokeking
08.13.2017 , 09:09 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Tadagyt View Post
Not inside. You go from Nefra to Brontes with no cinematic in between. Same for DP. The story happens after you finish DF and DP, but that's not inside the ops. You have to exit and go to Oricon. They could very easily change the mission quest and give you the option to watch how it ends if that's your choice.
There are cutscenes before Brontes and fighting the dread masters are part of the story.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

Gelious
08.13.2017 , 12:46 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by kepeskvaeri View Post
It is not that i mind going on missions together with my fellow players. On the contrary it is quite fun every once in a while. But I am a RPG-player first an foremost so what I would like most of all is to be able to play all these fun Flashpoints and ops by myself and just enjoy the story .
There is no story in ops. No dialogs, no decisions to be made.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin; Xatra - Commando.

Slowpokeking
08.13.2017 , 04:14 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
There is no story in ops. No dialogs, no decisions to be made.
There are stories in ops, there are dialogs and cutscenes and you do make choice between or after the ops.

My Referral Code.

ObsidianBones
08.13.2017 , 06:42 PM | #15
I'd also like to see more solo-playable flashpoints. Attempted VM CZ-198 by myself and ended up getting my butt kicked by the droid on the bottom floor of the complex (can't remember its name offhand). I was honestly surprised I made it that far on my own, probably because I figured out how to methodically pick apart the mobs.
OPS and World Bosses could stay the same but I would definitely like solo FPs.

psandak
08.13.2017 , 07:23 PM | #16
This issue boils down to a single error on the developers' part: Oricon and the fact that the story goes through two operations; a player MUST complete the two operations to complete the Dread Masters story...period. That is not up for debate; we all know it. However, DF and DP have no real story unto themselves; there is *A* cutscene in each at the final boss. There is no conversation, no choices to be made, just a " Hello pitiful mortals! We are the BBEG come and get us if you dare!"

The fact that the developers LEARNED from that mistake and in SOR and gave players the option of a solo mode path or a group mode path has raised the question: why not go back and add a solo mode path for Oricon?

I tell you why: resources! BW has limited staff and budget to develop anything in this game. So I pose an honest question. Try to answer it from the BUSINESS point of view of which is more likely to be more likely to generate positive revenue:

#1 reworking a story that 90% of the population (active and inactive) has completed so that 10% of the population can complete it
OR
#2 developing new content whether it be story or small group or large group or PvP etc that 99% of the (active) population will do at least once and will probably draw in new and/or returning (inactive) players?

That said, if they did option #1 for Oricon chances are 99% of the requests for "100% solo mode option" would probably go away
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Slowpokeking
08.13.2017 , 07:58 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
This issue boils down to a single error on the developers' part: Oricon and the fact that the story goes through two operations; a player MUST complete the two operations to complete the Dread Masters story...period. That is not up for debate; we all know it. However, DF and DP have no real story unto themselves; there is *A* cutscene in each at the final boss. There is no conversation, no choices to be made, just a " Hello pitiful mortals! We are the BBEG come and get us if you dare!"

The fact that the developers LEARNED from that mistake and in SOR and gave players the option of a solo mode path or a group mode path has raised the question: why not go back and add a solo mode path for Oricon?

I tell you why: resources! BW has limited staff and budget to develop anything in this game. So I pose an honest question. Try to answer it from the BUSINESS point of view of which is more likely to be more likely to generate positive revenue:

#1 reworking a story that 90% of the population (active and inactive) has completed so that 10% of the population can complete it
OR
#2 developing new content whether it be story or small group or large group or PvP etc that 99% of the (active) population will do at least once and will probably draw in new and/or returning (inactive) players?

That said, if they did option #1 for Oricon chances are 99% of the requests for "100% solo mode option" would probably go away
Same thing with EC and TFB, both of these ops are part of the Dread Master arc.

My Referral Code.

Shayddow
08.15.2017 , 03:13 AM | #18
I don't suggest that they make it playable with just you plus 1 companion though.
What I DO suggest, and I think that it would make sense from the viewpoint of the business model of the producers (i.e. retain existing players and have content that requires a time investment (which brings in the $$) - have these "ops" have an option where it would be you plus your top 8 companions. (they would have to be tier 50 to be able to be utilized). Believe me, this would take a great deal of time (I've been playing since 2014 and still only have one tier 50 companion - on my BH). And, unlike in the Revan duo, you would determine the "spec" of your comps (i.e. tank or healer or DPS), although obviously you would pretty much keep to the optimum specs for a group - make (including yourself) 2 tanks, 2 healers and the rest DPS.
Also, by making it this model, you would make sure it would fit in with the "endgame" model - players would have to go thru KOTFE at least to HAVE 8 available companions - unless they used all 5 of their original companions plus Trek plus HK-51 plus the Ship droid.)
Shekkel,70 Nimrossa, 70 |Ebon Hawk
Shassella, 70 Barzella, 70 | Begeran
Adonnah, 70 Kydosh, 70 |Harbinger
Tashha, 70 Svgon, 70

merovejec
08.15.2017 , 05:16 AM | #19
Dont forget that this is an MMO, you cant have it all soloable, there should be content that can only be attempted by a group!
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

Pesztike
08.15.2017 , 06:38 AM | #20
No. I'm sorry, but no. I'm up for the idea to make an alternative like in SoR but to make ops soloable... no. It's hard enough to pug in this game already because people are terrified from the smallest bit of challange/each other. It's still an MMORPG, making everything soloable just makes people even more lazy and anti-social.

Spoiler