Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please make everything solo-playable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Please make everything solo-playable

kepeskvaeri
08.12.2017 , 07:52 AM | #1
It is not that i mind going on missions together with my fellow players. On the contrary it is quite fun every once in a while. But I am a RPG-player first an foremost so what I would like most of all is to be able to play all these fun Flashpoints and ops by myself and just enjoy the story without having to worry about a mega-powerfull boss that can kill 8 lvl 70 players without blinking.
On top of that there is also at least one flashpoint colicoid war games that can not be found in the group finder and can only be played on veteran mode so you have too sit on the fleet and ask people all over for help.

So Bioware please in the name of good story-experience let us players go throught the story on our own terms and just enjoy the game as just a good RPG like all the other good games that you have released.

TalonVII
08.12.2017 , 01:07 PM | #2
Flash points yes. Operations no.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

JakRoanin
08.12.2017 , 05:50 PM | #3
Flashpoints please.

orangenee
08.12.2017 , 06:10 PM | #4
I say yes.

Now, see as a new player I haven't been around to see all the cutscenes for all the FPs. I can't do it in groups as I'm holding up the players who have seen them. Woe betide the lowly newbie who doth not hammer his spacebar.

Some but not all doesn't make sense.

Operations are operations, they should stay as group only. Otherwise we'll end up with a single player game that happens to have other players in it, very few players at that as a lot of people's fingers are constantly hovering over that sub cancel link already.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Tadagyt
08.12.2017 , 06:18 PM | #5
There's no story in operations. Not sure why people think there are cinematics with options like in the old flashpoints.
They're more like uprisings: go from point a to b, kill tons of trash in the middle, then kill the boss. Repeat.

Shayddow
08.12.2017 , 10:06 PM | #6
There may be no "story" in operations BUT-
1. in order to complete the planet story line for Oricon you have to do Dread Fortress and Dread Palace
2. there is some lore that in order to "complete" Rishi you can't get unless you do the Ravengers and click on whatever the "Lore" is. (there are 4 or 5 entries I believe)
3. The manaan flashpoint you don't get the entries for one of the lore (Kolto) without doing the flashpoint in vet mode, which is probably over the difficulty level I at least would feel comfortable with.

As a "completionist" I'd like to be able to do these sort of things without worrying about someone saying "spacebar, NooBIE".....
Shekkel,70 Nimrossa, 70 |Ebon Hawk
Shassella, 70 Barzella, 70 | Begeran
Adonnah, 70 Kydosh, 70 |Harbinger
Tashha, 70 Svgon, 70

Slowpokeking
08.12.2017 , 10:12 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Tadagyt View Post
There's no story in operations. Not sure why people think there are cinematics with options like in the old flashpoints.
They're more like uprisings: go from point a to b, kill tons of trash in the middle, then kill the boss. Repeat.
There is story in ops.

More than half of the Dread Master storylines are inside ops.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

kepeskvaeri
08.12.2017 , 11:50 PM | #8
This is what i am saying why cant the ops at least be veteran flashpoints. The last Revan mission could be an op if my memory is not completely on the fritz. At least make the ops to veteran flashpoints . I have tried to do ops but since my group always gets killed on the first boss (since it has happened a number of times with a full group im going to be bold enough to assume it was not all my fault) so at the very least make it so that you can fight the dreadmaster or any other guys with the Empires champions or the Republics heroes.
Story-wise it does not make any sence either, you need 8 guys to take on one Dread masters when Jaric Kaedon took them all one with a small strike team, game mech be damned it just plain stupid.

Sith-Viscera
08.12.2017 , 11:53 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by kepeskvaeri View Post
It is not that i mind going on missions together with my fellow players. On the contrary it is quite fun every once in a while. But I am a RPG-player first an foremost so what I would like most of all is to be able to play all these fun Flashpoints and ops by myself and just enjoy the story without having to worry about a mega-powerfull boss that can kill 8 lvl 70 players without blinking.
On top of that there is also at least one flashpoint colicoid war games that can not be found in the group finder and can only be played on veteran mode so you have too sit on the fleet and ask people all over for help.

So Bioware please in the name of good story-experience let us players go throught the story on our own terms and just enjoy the game as just a good RPG like all the other good games that you have released.
been my complaint for oh going on 6yrs now. It wont happen but still....
Referral link, Use it, don't use it. It's what ever. But if you do, Thank You.
http://www.swtor.com/r/22Ct9G

Tadagyt
08.13.2017 , 12:05 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
There is story in ops.

More than half of the Dread Master storylines are inside ops.
Not inside. You go from Nefra to Brontes with no cinematic in between. Same for DP. The story happens after you finish DF and DP, but that's not inside the ops. You have to exit and go to Oricon. They could very easily change the mission quest and give you the option to watch how it ends if that's your choice.