Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When should we expect the next EXPANSION?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
When should we expect the next EXPANSION?

Ylliarus
08.12.2017 , 04:03 AM | #21
Well Sam from SWTOR Central stated in one of his last streams that he asked the Devs as an influencer when the next expansion would be and he said he got the answer "we're not ready to talk about that yet". So I believe that is quite a telling answer something is on the way
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

orangenee
08.12.2017 , 04:15 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
This makes me understand why some types of fan fiction are what they are.
It being all a dream is pretty much the poorest cop out of a story.
I concur.

With regards to your sig, we need Malgus back. That's my favourite boss fight in the game, and for the few minutes we get to bask in his glory, my favourite character.

As for expansions, NO MORE RAILROAD crap. Oh and less explosions, barely a chapter went by in KOTFE without a Michael Bay ****** going on.

Oh and yeah, more Malgus or at the very least a fully resurrected Darth Marr.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

docbenwayddo
08.12.2017 , 05:06 AM | #23
I agree, and yet still infinitely preferable to the current state of affairs.

Thruine
08.12.2017 , 06:27 AM | #24
Agreed. Though wasn't it the show DALLAS that made having a dream the key to success?

LOL I kid, I kid

BoySaber
08.12.2017 , 07:47 AM | #25
Would be happy if they could finish the last year expansion this year. Yes KotET, its you I am talking about. To me an expansion is main story line that was instanced with the chapters we had. After that that story the expansion should also include a planet related to the story with dailies and planet story. A GSF and WZ map for the expansion story. An Operation and a Flashpoint related to expansion story (not required to continue main story in new expansion). Since they have been doing nothing last 9 months but tweaking CXP, I don't see new expansion anywhere happening this year. Maybe next year in November, if any players still linger here to play.

They created CXP for two reason, to not create new content and sell RNG of repeating old content. The writers, as much as fun KotFE and KotET journey was, slapped themselves in face and created so many plot holes. You are ruler of the galaxy, commading most advanced faction. By defeated one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy and taking his place, you rose above Republic and Empire and became (Eternal) Emperor. The only more powerful thing than you they could throw at you now would be Abeloth herself. Everything else should not even be worthy of PC's attention.
Click here to get these rewards in SWTOR.

ExarSun
08.12.2017 , 08:30 AM | #26
There better be an expansion this year...I hate to see story being completely pushed back in favour of some ops and what not group content. My sub has been going 2 years and its mainly for story. A whole Year without story sounds bad enough...
During KOTFE there were always 2,3 instances on the fleet each day, now its barely one on rep side and sometimes 2 on imp side....good job with that focusing on group content...

ivanhedgehog
08.12.2017 , 09:55 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Well Sam from SWTOR Central stated in one of his last streams that he asked the Devs as an influencer when the next expansion would be and he said he got the answer "we're not ready to talk about that yet". So I believe that is quite a telling answer something is on the way
or they are stalling to keep sub numbers as up as far as they can with their continued incompetence.

orangenee
08.12.2017 , 09:59 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ivanhedgehog View Post
or they are stalling to keep sub numbers as up as far as they can with their continued incompetence.
Me being the cynic I am, I'd side with this.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

darthscotty
08.12.2017 , 10:09 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Vagessel View Post
Since we're halfway through the year and so far in the developer communication and roadmaps all comments are to a flashpoint here, an operation boss there... I've been wondering around when should we be expecting a meatier release such as KOTET or Rise of the Hutt Cartel. I'd like to see more classic companions (Jaesa!) return via a well developed story.

Is December wishful thinking? Maybe early next year? (Nooooo).
With a new Battlefront in November and a movie in December January or more likely February are most likely in my opinion. If that is the case we won't hear anything about it until Octoberish.
Quote: Originally Posted by Babby View Post
We don't tolerate facts around here.

Quraswren
08.12.2017 , 11:54 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Vagessel View Post
Since we're halfway through the year and so far in the developer communication and roadmaps all comments are to a flashpoint here, an operation boss there... I've been wondering around when should we be expecting a meatier release such as KOTET or Rise of the Hutt Cartel. I'd like to see more classic companions (Jaesa!) return via a well developed story.

Is December wishful thinking? Maybe early next year? (Nooooo).
I wouldn't expect to hear or even see anything on a new expansion till about April of 2018.

bw has way to much crap they have to change and adjust first. Way to much garbage design from the past 2 years needs to be changed and get things moving in a different direction and a game company like bw cannot do that on a dime. They do not have the resources be it money or staff to make that happen quickly.

My bet is February of 2018 we get our first tidbits of a news for a new expansion and then maybe before summer we see it released. That for me would be the best case scenario.

Worse case. We only hear about an expansion in April 2018 and don't see it till late Oct-Nov 2018.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends