Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When should we expect the next EXPANSION?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
When should we expect the next EXPANSION?

Maxitrac
08.11.2017 , 09:57 PM | #11
most likely in December since that's when they have released the last 3, but that have said they don't want to give any information about it yet.
Sin Tank/DPS - Some Scrub
Merc DPS/Healer - Dead-shot
26/26 Nim/MM 5.0 5/5 Gods pre 5.9
<Paramount><Sniper Science> <Lightning Masters> <Aeon>

Zhedzaban
08.11.2017 , 10:00 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasStarWars View Post
They are focusing on QoL for the rest of the year. A new expansion I'd say next year.
^this, and I expect the next expansion will take us in another new direction once the current storyline finishes. My guess 3 more patches.
RIP APAC players, RIP West Coast Players, RIP anyone not living on the East Coast

The United Forces merger disaster, 2017

Icykill_
08.11.2017 , 11:31 PM | #13
I have a feeling we won't see anymore "expansions" as such... probably just small launches of content
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Eshvara
08.11.2017 , 11:33 PM | #14
They said before on a stream kotet wasn't going to be the last expansion.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

ottffsse
08.12.2017 , 12:26 AM | #15
Balance the bloody classes in game now before doing a big expansion to mess it all about again please.

Tsillah
08.12.2017 , 12:30 AM | #16
I suspect April. I think that December is off the table because of the new direction they've taken with the game.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

Celise
08.12.2017 , 02:38 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Vagessel View Post
Since we're halfway through the year and so far in the developer communication and roadmaps all comments are to a flashpoint here, an operation boss there... I've been wondering around when should we be expecting a meatier release such as KOTET or Rise of the Hutt Cartel. I'd like to see more classic companions (Jaesa!) return via a well developed story.

Is December wishful thinking? Maybe early next year? (Nooooo).
if there was to be a new expac, announcement of it would come months before hand, plus it's own seperate section on the swtor website. but would it be too late to get the expac out the end of this year? well traditionally bioware go on holiday in december and take almost the whole month off, so the chances are it will be the end of november or janurary next year at the earliest.

notanjelika
08.12.2017 , 02:39 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by docbenwayddo View Post
Fingers crossed for Knights of It Was All a Bad Dream.
That would be cool, but how to explain the companions from other classes you already recruited or romances with Lana, Theron & Koth?
Please bring back Jaesa Willsaam

Celise
08.12.2017 , 02:44 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by notanjelika View Post
That would be cool, but how to explain the companions from other classes you already recruited or romances with Lana, Theron & Koth?
easy enough to do, valkorion managed to take control of your mind and you believed you are free when in fact you saw what valkorion wanted you to see. your companions fled the station before valkorion in your body started doing his thing, meanwhile you still believe you are continuing your story and saving the galaxy. eventually your body is trapped and valkorion was suppressed for a few moments only to find yourself in a restraining field as lana and theron work hard to free you from valkorion.

Eshvara
08.12.2017 , 03:06 AM | #20
This makes me understand why some types of fan fiction are what they are.
It being all a dream is pretty much the poorest cop out of a story.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀