Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When should we expect the next EXPANSION?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
When should we expect the next EXPANSION?

Vagessel
08.11.2017 , 05:38 PM | #1
Since we're halfway through the year and so far in the developer communication and roadmaps all comments are to a flashpoint here, an operation boss there... I've been wondering around when should we be expecting a meatier release such as KOTET or Rise of the Hutt Cartel. I'd like to see more classic companions (Jaesa!) return via a well developed story.

Is December wishful thinking? Maybe early next year? (Nooooo).

jedimasterjac
08.11.2017 , 06:00 PM | #2
I would not expect another expansion, if we even get one, to come until late next year.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncle Iroh
Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love.
There are reasons each of us are born. we have to find those reasons.

docbenwayddo
08.11.2017 , 06:02 PM | #3
Fingers crossed for Knights of It Was All a Bad Dream.

TinaLovesHan
08.11.2017 , 07:40 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by docbenwayddo View Post
Fingers crossed for Knights of It Was All a Bad Dream.
You don't know how many times I've told my friend that I hope that's the case. Or our original companions rescue us from the carbonite and the Eternal Throne has already been defeated so we can just pretend all this stuff never happened.
Return the rest of our original companions through story!
I miss Vector, Iresso, and Doc.
#RomanceArcann
Romance Not Acknowledged in KotFE Bug

kimiko_tomiyama
08.11.2017 , 08:14 PM | #5
I am growing convinced that the silence on any expansions is telling. Other than the 90 day road maps, which don't get me wrong I appreciate, when have we had anything remotely close to the buildups that proceeded RotHC, SoR, or Knights of the fallen plotline? I see some stuff about Umbra, but it smacks to me of being more anticlimactic like Ziost than something 'epic'.

I want to believe different, but I really kinda doubt we will see any major expansions again...

DarkLordSnake
08.11.2017 , 08:17 PM | #6
Don't expect one any time soon, I don't see bioware releasing another major expansion such as KOTET wise.
I think honestly this is the final expansion if you really think about it,
Your character goes to Iokath in search of the super weapon, meaning all 6 ancient gods, once the full operation is released in December or early January, it's pretty difficult to make another expansion knowing you're a God now.
We're getting Umbara in a few weeks, afterwords we still have the rest of the God ops, other than that... I don't quite see a future.
For New Fresh characters, be sure to follow the link below for some awesome goodies!
http://www.swtor.com/r/dXDy78

Suzsi
08.11.2017 , 08:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by kimiko_tomiyama View Post
I am growing convinced that the silence on any expansions is telling. Other than the 90 day road maps, which don't get me wrong I appreciate, when have we had anything remotely close to the buildups that proceeded RotHC, SoR, or Knights of the fallen plotline? I see some stuff about Umbra, but it smacks to me of being more anticlimactic like Ziost than something 'epic'.

I want to believe different, but I really kinda doubt we will see any major expansions again...
I like the Ziost story, each to their own I guess lol

ThomasStarWars
08.11.2017 , 09:46 PM | #8
They are focusing on QoL for the rest of the year. A new expansion I'd say next year.

JepFareborn
08.11.2017 , 09:54 PM | #9
"When may we hope to be set free?"
"You may hope whenever you please, Mr Brent."
- -Beneath the Planet of the Apes...

I'm currently residing on Server - Satele Shan - formerly from The Harbinger and before that Gauntlet of Kreshh.

Eshvara
08.11.2017 , 09:55 PM | #10
I guess we'll hear in this roadmap or maybe the next. I hope this one though.
#Arcannite
💫Darth Malgus💫