Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

which crew skills are most profitable to get money now ???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
which crew skills are most profitable to get money now ???

sewio
08.11.2017 , 06:56 AM | #1
Hello !

Just like in the topic ,

Which crew skills combo are now for you the best to get good money and have profit from items.

Astyris
08.11.2017 , 08:57 AM | #2
Greetings Sewio,

As a recently returning player who is also trying to carve out a profit through crafting and selling on the GTN, let me say that the answer to your question is complicated. There are many factors that influence how profitable crafting and selling can be. Example: Your server population, time of day, in-game events, supply/demand, competition, profit/expense ratio, etc.

Your question often comes up on the forums. Unfortunately there is no easy-button or get-rich-quick strategy in this game for the crafting route. For crafting to become profitable, you're going to have to make a significant time investment (and credits) to get started, and then also continuously devote time to maintaining your enterprise. You will not see an immediate pay-off, but if you are patient, then long-term this route is the most profitable for generating sustainable long-term income in the game.

Each crafting profession can be profitable if you know what you're doing. Generally speaking Artifice profession appears to be the most profitable due to the fashion options this skill opens up (i.e., color crystals). But there is a steep curve in acquiring the profitable schematics, and a hefty amount of competition if you are trying to enter this market.

I would first suggest reading the guides presented by Psandak. They are very informative and he has posted numerous times about crafting strategies.

But if you're looking to generate credits quickly, I would suggest farming heroics. Very easy to generate a few million each week with as minimal effort as 1 hour per day.

orangenee
08.11.2017 , 09:59 AM | #3
Red colour crystals fly of the shelf for the Imps, relatively cheap resource acquisition too. The only trouble with them is the rare (purple) gemstones you need.

That can be alleviated by having high influence companions however.

Just undercut everybody else who sells the same thing (not too difficult seeing as greed is rampant) and you'll have many moneys to yourself.

Crafting isn't for rapid cash though, it's for big bursts here and there. In fact Fashion Wars is ever popular, so if it looks pretty, people will buy it.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

psandak
08.12.2017 , 08:53 AM | #4
Thank you Astyris for answering the question EXACTLY the way I would have.

sewio, In my signature are links to the various guides I have written over the years.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Vercundus
08.14.2017 , 01:19 AM | #5
Hm... Can't seem to remember the last time we had this topic...? If only there was a convenient way of discovering it...
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs