Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What objects look good around starfighters?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
What objects look good around starfighters?

Verain
08.10.2017 , 12:32 PM | #1
I have a bunch of the GSF-themed decorations (a zillion scouts, but also some of the other ones). These use large hooks, and most of the large hooks I have placed them on have the nine smalls as part of them. I'm trying to populate that area with stuff that is starfighter-y.

Thus far I have:

- Some ships get an Imperial or Republic guardsman, as appropriate. These don't exactly look like pilots, but they are pretty close.
- Some ships have factional crates or plasteel canisters next to them. But I doubt every ship would need a bunch of boxes nearby.
- I have the hypergate orb thing, like maybe to fuel the ship, nearby the ship.

Can anyone suggest other decorations that I can chase? I have decent access to GTN, no real access to raids directly, and I could run weaker or easier content if that makes particularly cool stuff. I have a whole bunch of fleet tokens, but I think that's just one vendor that I have all the relevant stuff from. I'd like some looks that show the ships being maintaned, tuned, that sort of thing.

Also some ships are near enough medium narrow or medium, so if anything from those is amazing, I'm interested.

Thanks!
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

HeatRacer
08.10.2017 , 02:07 PM | #2
Sometimes, I like to put the Model _____ pet version of the starship in front of the full-size version.

Power droid pets could also be appropriate. The floating miniprobe pets with the articulated arms could be put nearby as if they're fixing the ships.

If you have medium-narrow spaces nearby, the various munition crates and rockets go well too.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

EHKodiak
08.10.2017 , 04:03 PM | #3
The Iokath electricfied floor looks really good as a combination piece, as does having astromech and power droids nearby.

HeatRacer
08.10.2017 , 06:00 PM | #4
Oh, the Imperial/Republic Medics would look good too, because they're holding onto scanning devices and are animated, so they could be placed so they're fixing the ships.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Verain
08.11.2017 , 03:49 PM | #5
I placed the electrified floor to very good effect, and I put probe droids near the imperial ships and astromech near the republic ships.

These are great suggestions so far, thanks!
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

phalczen
08.12.2017 , 01:27 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by EHKodiak View Post
The Iokath electricfied floor looks really good as a combination piece, as does having astromech and power droids nearby.
That's what I use in my Nar Shaddaa stronghold.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

phalczen
08.12.2017 , 01:46 PM | #7
There is a wall deco called an Engineering Access Panel that is in the Republic Essentials Bundle ... I use that on the walls behind some of the GSF ships inside the Tatooine stronghold spaceport.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Xina_LA
08.14.2017 , 11:01 AM | #8
Check out Atomica's Starfighter's Lounge on Coruscant (Begeren Colony) if you have a chance. There is a starship museum that might interest you.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

Vissionary
08.18.2017 , 02:00 PM | #9
I put together a GSF/Havoc Squad type stronghold and it turned out rather well, I think.

https://tord.mmo-fashion.com/vission...the-harbinger/

A lot of things work well with GSF items, but in my opinion tech and monitors seem to be the best along with the obviously armaments required to load out your fighters. If you take a look at my garage section you should get an idea of how I used my hooks. I am still working on KDY rep and once that's completed a big ol'bomber is going on the side opposite my scout.

I based my place off a few other strongholds I really enjoyed while browsing Tor Decorating including, but definitely not limited to:
https://tord.mmo-fashion.com/benaiah...-lounge-t3-m4/
https://tord.mmo-fashion.com/maemeis...jedi-covenant/
https://tord.mmo-fashion.com/pinkie-...jedi-covenant/
https://tord.mmo-fashion.com/dareks-...e-the-bastion/

I hope this helps.

Khadzur
08.25.2017 , 09:47 PM | #10
I've used the following to enhance starfighters in my strongholds:

The Bomb Carrier and various bomb & missile decorations like the Encased Warhead Stockpile to imply armament reloading.
The Iokath Forge Archway as a repair gantry.
Any droid decorations or pets that could be deemed significant to the upkeep of a starfighter.
Code:
On The Ebon Hawk:
Khadzur Stormcaller - (Scoundrel at large) - Enclave of the Jedi
Orlanth Stormcaller - (Jedi Sentinel) - Enclave of the Jedi
Umath Stormcaller - (Mercenary) - Aliit Tenau