Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Next bad guy(s)?


Banchii's Avatar


Banchii
08.28.2017 , 01:40 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
If I recall the Vong really hated machines, they were almost exterminated by a machine race before they began their journey for a new home ... maybe Iokath is unknowingly keeping their scouts at bay through their fear of machines?
Are you assuming that some of the Yuuzhan Vong have been disowned by their family and their gods?

juliushorst's Avatar


juliushorst
08.29.2017 , 08:02 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Banchii View Post
Are you assuming that some of the Yuuzhan Vong have been disowned by their family and their gods?
YV technophobia was explained by a war between sentient machine civilizations (presumed to be Silentium and Abominor) that almost wiped YV and made their galaxy uninhabitable by organics.
Small retcon and it could tie into Iokath nicely.

MayhemofChaonus's Avatar


MayhemofChaonus
08.29.2017 , 08:26 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Myrmicus View Post
It makes me wonder how he never became a Master of Fear with those Oricon loonies.
IKR? Honestly I'm hoping that Jadus returns as the new, one-and-only Dread Master, having learned and studied all the Dread Master's secrets for the last 5 years and become the very avatar of terror, ready to "democratize" the galaxy with fear!

But that would be way to awesome and cool so we know BW is definitely never going to do that.
"The weak will always be victims. That is the way of the universe. The strong take what they want, and the weak suffer at their hands. That is their fate; it is inevitable. Only the strong survive, because only the strong deserve to" - Darth Bane
May the Force forsake you

Varium's Avatar


Varium
08.30.2017 , 11:18 AM | #44
I know it's really far fetched but I want the bad guy to be rogue G0-T0 droid, I just want to hear the awesome voice again. Though I expect the bad guys to be team up some villains we have seen before.
Obligatory SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/43YdkT 7 day sub, etc etc.

orangenee's Avatar


orangenee
08.30.2017 , 11:22 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
If I recall the Vong really hated machines, they were almost exterminated by a machine race before they began their journey for a new home ... maybe Iokath is unknowingly keeping their scouts at bay through their fear of machines?
Now I like where this is going.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

devilkat's Avatar


devilkat
08.31.2017 , 10:19 AM | #46
The only problem with the Vong being the new baddies is that I don't recall them needing or wanting to utilize spies in the other factions. If they are the ones that the traitor headed in to join, they'd be a slave, at best. The Vong thought all other races, probably because they were dependent on machines, to be weak and only worth enslaving. The traitor infiltrating their ranks or being made a member wouldn't make sense. That being said, after this arc is over, they could bring on the Vong. Please? I've always loved that series
"My last partner didn't complain nearly this much"
"Your last partner got CRUSHED to death"
"AND NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT"

Paulsutherland's Avatar


Paulsutherland
08.31.2017 , 11:08 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by devilkat View Post
The only problem with the Vong being the new baddies is that I don't recall them needing or wanting to utilize spies in the other factions. If they are the ones that the traitor headed in to join, they'd be a slave, at best. The Vong thought all other races, probably because they were dependent on machines, to be weak and only worth enslaving. The traitor infiltrating their ranks or being made a member wouldn't make sense. That being said, after this arc is over, they could bring on the Vong. Please? I've always loved that series
Not if there's only one influencing the leader of 'The Order' ... might be a random nobody simply observing what's going on.

If I recall - in the books a group of infiltrators entered the galaxy first to stir up some trouble before the invasion fleet arrived. It's been awhile since I read the book but I think they infiltrated several factions, resulting in said factions fighting each other.
Order of Zildrog

devilkat's Avatar


devilkat
08.31.2017 , 01:07 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
Not if there's only one influencing the leader of 'The Order' ... might be a random nobody simply observing what's going on.

If I recall - in the books a group of infiltrators entered the galaxy first to stir up some trouble before the invasion fleet arrived. It's been awhile since I read the book but I think they infiltrated several factions, resulting in said factions fighting each other.
I do remember different factions among them, but I think they all showed up at the same time. Both felt the same about the "inferior races" that they encountered in the galaxies they went to, though. An outsider being made part of either faction as anything more than a slave wouldn't happen. I know one guy worked with one Vong, but I can't remember the reason. Time to dig out the books

They also didn't seem to need much help in taking over, despite the infighting they had. I remember a convo you could have with Canderous in KOTOR that hinted that he and his battle group had found and chased a Vong ship, but you wouldn't get that it was a Vong reference unless you had read the series. I kind of have my hopes up for them as the baddies after this arc is over. All of the expanded universe and the games have been relegated to "legendary" status anyway, so the writers here can go nuts with that material
"My last partner didn't complain nearly this much"
"Your last partner got CRUSHED to death"
"AND NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT"