My mistake in Odessan yesterday (Im sorry)

chouston

After getting off work and no sleep for almost 2 days I did a wonder blunder. While in the control node I had the red (ball ) and decided to pass the huttball. I told you I was sleepy. So I clicked on the red button and poof , we lost our node. My mind was thinking huttball even though I was definitely in another wz. At least I think that's what happened. Again, I am so sorry for those who read this and remember yesterday. No sleep and WZ do not match.

After getting off work and no sleep for almost 2 days I did a wonder blunder. While in the control node I had the red (ball ) and decided to pass the huttball. I told you I was sleepy. So I clicked on the red button and poof , we lost our node. My mind was thinking huttball even though I was definitely in another wz. At least I think that's what happened. Again, I am so sorry for those who read this and remember yesterday. No sleep and WZ do not match.

Your first mistake is in name of your thread - "Odessan".

Great story.

Seriously, that is funny. Don't apologize. It's just a game, and anyone still holding a grudge over that match needs to loosen up.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Great story.

Seriously, that is funny. Don't apologize. It's just a game, and anyone still holding a grudge over that match needs to loosen up.

I remember an Odessen match a while back on MotF where I was guarding a node for my team and someone else showed up and passed me one of those nodekiller things, at which point I passed it back. I mean, really, dude, why did you think *I* wanted that while I'm guarding a node?

I'm sorry, you were actually at a node that your team owned, and trying to play objectives on that map? Not standing on an unactivated node, fighting in a huge melee for no reason but epeen I guess? Pics or I don't believe it. :p

And yes, this applies no matter if you thought it was huttball or OPG. :D

I remember an Odessen match a while back on MotF where I was guarding a node for my team and someone else showed up and passed me one of those nodekiller things, at which point I passed it back. I mean, really, dude, why did you think *I* wanted that while I'm guarding a node?

Your signature suggests you might be a sniper? In that case that is probably why you were handed it.

Great story.

At least he knew he made a mistake. How many pickup a PU and take it to the wrong place, like run to the enemy with a multiply? A lot of players have never bothered to figure out what the PUs even do.

I had to talk to my therapist today about what you did. I was deeply traumatized and was shocked that such things could happen in this game. Please remember that PvP is very serious, and peoples egos and emotions are on the line.

You could've really hurt someone with your actions. You almost did. Your apology means alot to me.

We remember, Everybody was talking about this for hours afterwards.

That might have been me. :D

In my first Odessen match someone passed me one of those and I immediately handed it off to someone else. I didn't know what to do it with it yet.

Your signature suggests you might be a sniper? In that case that is probably why you were handed it.

Commando.

The Buda-buda line is Vette's line when she's using Spewie in Chapter XIII.

The PEW line is Z0-0M's (?sp) during almost the entirety of the HK mission.

The thing about Belsavis is from the time when the New Galaxy Map defaulted Belsavis to Section X instead of Belsavis. (It means that if you are told to go to Belsavis, you had to open the planet view and overtly pick Belsavis as a destination. Fortunately for everyone, they changed the default.)

What happens if you run the huttball into your own endzone? Does the other team score?

I've yet to see that happen but the OP's post has me wondering if anyone has ever made that mistake.

Nothing bad and you can sit here till ball explosion (it's a bomb, you know? :p ), but a lot of screams in the chat and /lols from the enemy side.

The red ones should be changed that you cannot cancel your team's node. I know in rare cases you want to cancel the node because you are about to be overrun, but that's rare. The bigger problem is when the big guilds happen to have a member on the other team who happens to cancel all of his own teams bases to ensure his guild gets the win on the other side. I've seen this more than once.

The red ones should be changed that you cannot cancel your team's node. I know in rare cases you want to cancel the node because you are about to be overrun, but that's rare. The bigger problem is when the big guilds happen to have a member on the other team who happens to cancel all of his own teams bases to ensure his guild gets the win on the other side. I've seen this more than once.

I can't understand why anyone would bother cheating in regs. I can't understsand cheating in ranked either for that matter, but I'm not surprised that people do it since it involves ranking and e-peen. But regs? Are people really that unable to handle a loss that they have to cheat?

That's a rhetorical question by the way, because I know that happens. Recently I was in a Novare Coast match where we lost west after the person guarding it stood by and did nothing while a single member of the opposing team, who wasn't a stealther, capped it. I saw it happen because I was headed to east when I noticed the enemy player at a distance heading to west, so I diverted that way instead. Only I got to west a second too late. I might have chalked that up to lag or the node guard just not paying attention, except later in chat people were griping that the guy guarding west was from the Rep-side mirror guild of the Imp guild we were against. (There were four Imps from the same guild in that match, and surprise surprise...the capper who got no opposition at west was one of them)

Edited by Aeneas_Falco