Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How did it come to this?

leonlotus
08.07.2017 , 04:41 PM | #21
The game has past through a lot of phases, and cannot be put in a simple continuous line from the start to the present state. There are similarities, and recurring errors, but like ppl said, the game has 5 years. So its diffiult to try to find its own doom in his origin. Imo, before the transition to Storyteller, it was an excellent MMO.

Deewe
08.07.2017 , 06:02 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I hope you're right, and I completely agree (no more level cap raises).
Please don't put me on a stake... I'd strongly suggest not to expect an Xpack this year.

Reason: Keith explained they are focusing on regular content delivery this year instead of big ones.

I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong though, still don't want you guys to build up false expectations and be sorely disappointed.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

annabethchase
08.07.2017 , 06:17 PM | #23
Funny, I think any game that is past the 5 year mark while still having a decent % of total MMO subs didn't exactly crash and burn. I had exactly the same concerns as the quoted original poster, and still did for the next 5 years. But:
a) I still like the game
b) I never thought the game was a failure and still don't
c) it didn't mean things could never change

Finally, earlier this year we got a game director who listens and also plays the game. While I still think the pace of development is crazy slow for this size customer base, I can tell he's listening to the players and working on the most requested things.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

annabethchase
08.07.2017 , 06:21 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Please don't put me on a stake... I'd strongly suggest not to expect an Xpack this year.

Reason: Keith explained they are focusing on regular content delivery this year instead of big ones.

I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong though, still don't want you guys to build up false expectations and be sorely disappointed.
That's not much of an explanation when the regular content delivery has been smaller than ever and not exactly swift.

I'm holding out hope for 2018 being better but 2017 was sunk the minute 5.0 was put into development. Even story fans were extremely lukewarm to 4.0 and rather than course correct they doubled down. That put the company on a remedial path for 2017, with only hints of a turnaround due to Keith's leadership.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

OneHit
08.07.2017 , 11:37 PM | #25
Its been a few years since this game has delivered a true expansion anyways. Its all been patches with level increases if you ask me. Its hard to imagine December coming without them claiming new expansion. But i don't know what to believe. Doesn't feel like we are on track for this year? Isn't this op supposed to have 5 bosses? Its August and we only have 2 bosses. What are they going to do release the last 1-2 bosses and then add a level cap the same month?

Everyone acts like Kieth is the prince that's promised. Sure he responded to a lot of people at first. But then his aggravation became clear and unless the dev tracker is lying he really doesn't post as much as he did, Hopefully its cause he's hard at work.

Supposedly they had to cut a lot of the badfeeling podcast interview. But ive seen a lot of "exciting" tings from bioware. Like star fortresses, tourney, uprisings, and a lot of other gimmicks that weren't worth the effort if you ask me. Meanwhile earlier staples of the game go ignored. Like open worlds, legacy levels, datacrons, The list goes on and on.

Best i can say about this game is its surviving. IMO its neither dying or thriving.

Lunafox
08.08.2017 , 01:06 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by OneHit View Post

Everyone acts like Kieth is the prince that's promised. Sure he responded to a lot of people at first. But then his aggravation became clear and unless the dev tracker is lying he really doesn't post as much as he did, Hopefully its cause he's hard at work.

Soon...we'll know more. ^^

Ylliarus
08.08.2017 , 04:13 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by OneHit View Post
You kind of already gave the answer, as to why Keith is responding less on the forums. He's probably really busy working on new content for the game, pushing everyone in the right direction and probably convincing EA to give them a larger budget. I believe Keith when he says they have amazing things planned like was stated in the Bad Feeling Podcast. He's been great at responding to my personal messages I sent him, always taking the time to write a few words to my suggestions and ideas. So when Keith doesn't respond on the forums as much as he used to don't immediately assume it's because he stopped caring, the far more likely reason is that he is very busy. Besides, can you blame him for being aggrevated when you get the responses and posts on the forums some players post? The hostility and brutality of some is sometimes truly baffling, even disgusting but most of all unwarranted. Everyone can have a frustration, sure, I have them too, but you ALWAYS stay civilised and kind.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

Gelious
08.08.2017 , 05:32 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
You kind of already gave the answer, as to why Keith is responding less on the forums. He's probably really busy working on new content for the game, pushing everyone in the right direction and probably convincing EA to give them a larger budget. I believe Keith when he says they have amazing things planned like was stated in the Bad Feeling Podcast. .
Ahahhahaha... wait you are serious? Ahahahahaha.....

Keith is just a new PR guy for the game, whos job to convince everybody that everything in the game ii fine and hunky-dory. And judging by the ton of posts singing his praises, he is really good at that.

I lost whatever faith I had in Keith when he posted about 242 gear for HM FP. The fact he thinks that's a good idea means he either a) Clueless or b) Don't care or c) Dont have a say in how things are decided. Any option is bad. Add to that problems with balance of the classes...

Keith is not your savior. He is just a guy EA sent to convince you to stay in game so you can give them more money.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin; Xatra - Commando.

Rion_Starkiller
08.08.2017 , 08:16 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
Ahahhahaha... wait you are serious? Ahahahahaha.....

Keith is just a new PR guy for the game, whos job to convince everybody that everything in the game ii fine and hunky-dory. And judging by the ton of posts singing his praises, he is really good at that.

I lost whatever faith I had in Keith when he posted about 242 gear for HM FP. The fact he thinks that's a good idea means he either a) Clueless or b) Don't care or c) Dont have a say in how things are decided. Any option is bad. Add to that problems with balance of the classes...

Keith is not your savior. He is just a guy EA sent to convince you to stay in game so you can give them more money.
lol flashpoints
-Beruhl / Pewgilist
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Soon™
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.

TUXs
08.08.2017 , 09:14 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Keith IS the Azor Ahai !!! Blood and Fire!!!

I think he's hard at work. Soon...we'll know more. ^^
I sincerely hope you're correct Luna. I love that Keith engages us, but I'm starting to worry about some of the choices that have been made recently.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)