Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How did it come to this?

JattaGin
08.07.2017 , 01:03 AM | #11
Deewe, you have been very negative lately. You used to be much more constructive in your criticism. Why is that?

And out of curiosity: How long did you search until you found this one post that suited your message?
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Ylliarus
08.07.2017 , 01:16 AM | #12
And yet another doom and gloom post, yaay! It's not like people have been posting these threads with ~predictions~ since the dawn of time (of this game). But you know, I get their tactic. It's the same as with all the END OF THE WORLD predictions and eventually someday indeed an asteroid may hit the Earth and then they'll be like "see! We predicted it!". Same is with the doomsayers of the game, eventually like in many years ahead in the future SWTOR will shut down (one way or another that's inevitable) and all the doomsayers will start screaming and screeching "WE TOLD YOU". So as long as they're consistent with their doomsaying threads and ~o~predictions~o~ eventually they'll get it right.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

Deewe
08.07.2017 , 11:27 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Deewe, you have been very negative lately. You used to be much more constructive in your criticism. Why is that?

And out of curiosity: How long did you search until you found this one post that suited your message?
Sorry for that. Guess I'm losing hope the game will ever recover. Makes me really sad those days.

Did not search for the post, (stumbled upon it while looking for the recap or SWG I wrote long time ago.)
It stuck me how he was right.
Not to say Keith isn't trying but tis not enough. Also look like BW mindset barely changed.

Finally I'd like to highlight this very part of the OP post:
Quote: Originally Posted by Plumz View Post
Is the game going to die? Sure not. There will be enough interests for some time to keep it alive. But, those of you who keep saying “Let the whiners go, we don't care about the numbers, let those who enjoy the game stay and play..” - clearly don't realize the power of subscription numbers
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

CrazyCT
08.07.2017 , 11:36 AM | #14
{Holy expletive, batman - someone predicted this game would die five years ago? Amazing. Truly, truly amazing. And here I thought the game would last at least as long as the Galactic Republic.}

And "true to the specifics"? What specifics is that? That some people have been unhappy and unsubbed? Not actually very specific.
"An argument must have opposition if it is to prove itself."
Queen of the White Knights <==== Click to pay tribute to your Queen
Once managed to use "Obfuscate" in a sentence. Allegedly sounds like.....Robbie Williams?

TUXs
08.07.2017 , 01:05 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
This sums it up.

For all of the natural doom and gloom that players revert to, Keith and his team are slowly changing things. Perhaps not to what we want them to be though. There is a certain stubborn refusal to give ground and start making the game fun to play for the players, because it doesn't fit their vision. You can say that about a lot of developers though (normally those games don't last long and were not an MMO title though).

I think the main problem is this, the developers are not developing this game as an MMO title, they're set in developing any old normal short shelf life game. It's not a good mindset.
I have gone above and beyond to give Keith the freedom to take the reins and do what this game needed...but what good has that done? He's given us an Ops boss every 2 months, 2 houses and a FP...FAR more than his predecessor ever did, but what has he done to make the game more fun? EVERY change they've been making is doing more harm than good lately...not the content additions, but crap like "balance" and changes to UC's...it's getting very disheartening.

When will he actually start listening to our pleas?
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Rion_Starkiller
08.07.2017 , 01:24 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I have gone above and beyond to give Keith the freedom to take the reins and do what this game needed...but what good has that done? He's given us an Ops boss every 2 months, 2 houses and a FP...FAR more than his predecessor ever did, but what has he done to make the game more fun? EVERY change they've been making is doing more harm than good lately...not the content additions, but crap like "balance" and changes to UC's...it's getting very disheartening.

When will he actually start listening to our pleas?
I think he has to fix the debacle of 4.0 and 5.0, where all of the content you and I enjoy (MMO content) were left to fall by the wayside. I think of SWTOR as a large ship on the high seas. It actually takes a long time to turn around, and during the turn it can feel like you've come to a complete stop.

Anyway, I'm still optimistic. Time will tell. I'm actually a bit bored with the game at the moment. We will see what the December expansion brings.
-Beruhl
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Soon™
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.

TUXs
08.07.2017 , 01:30 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Anyway, I'm still optimistic. Time will tell. I'm actually a bit bored with the game at the moment. We will see what the December expansion brings.
You really think we'll still get one? We're in August and haven't heard a peep about it...we're looking at September for the next Ops boss and maybe November for the 4th? You think they'll have an XMAS expansion??
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Rion_Starkiller
08.07.2017 , 01:43 PM | #18
You really think we'll still get one? We're in August and haven't heard a peep about it...we're looking at September for the next Ops boss and maybe November for the 4th? You think they'll have an XMAS expansion??
I do. But maybe you are right about me expecting much... I suspect the XP will all be 90% story because BWA ignored story this whole year.

8 months into 2017! They have to have been doing something, right?
-Beruhl
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Soon™
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.

JLazarillo
08.07.2017 , 01:55 PM | #19
It's been a while, but I think SoR got a pretty late announcement, but had some story lead-ins with Forged Alliances, sorta like we've seen with Iokath, and then Umbara this month. So I wouldn't completely rule it out. But I wouldn't expect one, either, and I don't think that's a bad thing, per se. Hold off, correct the course, then figure out the way forward. If they keep bringing new content, then "expansions" are mostly just fluff anyway. We don't ever need another rise for the level cap ever again, for example.

TUXs
08.07.2017 , 02:17 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
It's been a while, but I think SoR got a pretty late announcement, but had some story lead-ins with Forged Alliances, sorta like we've seen with Iokath, and then Umbara this month. So I wouldn't completely rule it out. But I wouldn't expect one, either, and I don't think that's a bad thing, per se. Hold off, correct the course, then figure out the way forward. If they keep bringing new content, then "expansions" are mostly just fluff anyway. We don't ever need another rise for the level cap ever again, for example.
I hope you're right, and I completely agree (no more level cap raises).