Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How did it come to this?

Deewe
08.06.2017 , 05:15 PM | #1

It isn't just the new code of the restart of 1313 but the number of days since Plumz predicted the game would sink.

Quote: Originally Posted by Plumz View Post
I think at this point all of us SW (and SWTOR) fans just simply have to acknowledge the fact that the game is going to sink unless a major overhaul is done. Unfortunately, with the BW record on how fast things are done this is not going to happen soon. If it does at all.

//

I followed the game development for over a year. Read forums with curiosity and anticipation of what will the experience of playing it be. There were red flags raised by beta testers more and more of them as the time of launch was approaching. Devs chose their own path, chose to ignore some obvious and valid points made by people who've been playing mmos for over a decade. Results we can all see right now.

//

A lot of us are really angry and upset. Not because we hate the game. We love the game and we wanted it so much to succeed. The frustration is on part because lots of us clearly see why the game is falling, yet the Devs are stubbornly hanging on their vision of what they want us to do.

//

I am going to run my sub and not renew it. Not because the game is beyond saving. Because the devs at BW are refusing to abandon “their” visions

//

How many subs do you need to lose before you get it BW? If ever...
Interesting how 5+ years later the prediction were indeed true, to the specifics.

I'm afraid we are still too much on the same trend, ex: Lack of 2 way communication with the players, PvP gear that matters, gear preview window bug categorized as minor, lack of class story on the road-map, announcement that UI mods would ruin the game.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

JLazarillo
08.06.2017 , 05:42 PM | #2
Well, I mean, everything dies eventually. I'm not sure you want to quote the guy for his foresight though when the game still hasn't sunk 5 years after he predicted it would.

MeNaCe-NZ
08.06.2017 , 06:47 PM | #3
Sorry what ... this thread is about someone predicting the games demise that you are quoting for truth when the game has yet to meet it's demise?

Either way ... Oh yay another doom and gloom thread, were you not getting enough attention in the other threads?

Lunafox
08.06.2017 , 07:16 PM | #4
I don't think this is really fair to say with how things have been going.

The devs, by way of Keith have been speaking to the players, both individually and on the boards way more often than ever before.

The road map will soon be forth coming, it's August and I think we'll get a fair number of answers on it.

The preview bug is a bit annoying, and I hope it will be fixed. As for PVP gear, my stance is, 'don't know, don't care'. PVP isn't my thing.

For the things I enjoy doing, they have been producing interesting things, I just wish they could do it more. I would have liked for Manaan to be a bit bigger and have more size variety in hooks. I would like to see more decos and some of the pieces to be more common like the medical stanchions...for what they are, they are disgusting expensive and rare, when something like that should be dropping like snow on a winter's day in Winterfell.

I don't think it's fair at all to say the game is in its last throes. People have been saying that for years. And for whoever the OP was to say they don't listen, they do. There was a time only dark side could use red crystals and certain clothes and only light could use green and blue and certain clothes. For years we've been able to 'play our own reality' and look more or less how we want and wield the saber we want, we can customize our looks. There are other examples, but I don't have time to go through it all.

I believe in the game, it's not 'dying' this is just another La Fin du Monde thread.

jedimasterjac
08.06.2017 , 08:02 PM | #5
Wow, what a genius to suggest that, one day, an MMO would be shut down. Truly, he is clairvoyant. A genius!

In seriousness:

While there are plenty of real criticisms to raise, pretending a general statement five years ago that an MMO will, one day, sink, is silly and adds nothing real to the conversation.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncle Iroh
Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love.
There are reasons each of us are born. we have to find those reasons.

MissilyMilcasia
08.06.2017 , 08:17 PM | #6
I predict that someday the world will end when the sun dies.

Remember this post so I can say in 5 billion years-ish I was right.

**Also, that guy made no reference to any of the problems the game really faces, and wrote really generally, except kinda sorta alluding to Dev's not responding to every players criticism, but not even really that. Details, details, details
Maxiono Lightcrest (Scoundrel Healer)
Aisthesis, The Ebon Hawk

Transcendent
08.07.2017 , 12:33 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
I don't think this is really fair to say with how things have been going.

The devs, by way of Keith have been speaking to the players, both individually and on the boards way more often than ever before.
This sums it up.

For all of the natural doom and gloom that players revert to, Keith and his team are slowly changing things. Perhaps not to what we want them to be though. There is a certain stubborn refusal to give ground and start making the game fun to play for the players, because it doesn't fit their vision. You can say that about a lot of developers though (normally those games don't last long and were not an MMO title though).

I think the main problem is this, the developers are not developing this game as an MMO title, they're set in developing any old normal short shelf life game. It's not a good mindset.

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.