Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Keith, you need to stop the pvp cheats

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Keith, you need to stop the pvp cheats

Icykill_'s Avatar


Icykill_
08.03.2017 , 11:39 PM | #1
Keith, there has always been cheating and hacking in pvp, but what ever you did recently with the code is allowing them to do stuff I've never seen before and had thought it was impossible.

I've seen snipers stealth, Operatives teleporting and Juggs with speed run. None of them have been group buffed, so it's not Operative stealth for snipers or Mara predation for Juggs. The Operative wasn't a bugged roll because I saw them teleport like a Sin across the screen. On top of that we now have people who can't be stunned all match and resolve never goes onto them.

Then you have your every day run of the mill cheating like walking through walls, floating and capping while being hit or in stealth.

Add the stupid bugs that are just getting worse, not better and WZs like Hutt Ball are terrible because operatives just phase through the floor as they roll with the ball and are untargetable.

Keith, something really needs to get done about this as it's only getting worse.

You need to fix the broken code creating the bugs and allowing people to cheat.

Change your policy on cheating and add a real deterrent. A slap on the wrist is only encouraging them. How about if you catch them you just ban/delete the account. Then list this in the TOS and maybe put it up on the login screen occasionally as a warning.

Also please change the way we can report cheating so it is more stream lined. ie right click, report cheat, then allow us to go into the ticket and edit what we saw and add proof if we have it. Then actually get the CS to investigate.

Cheating has been a thorn in my side since launch and I've campaigned against it for years. Ive taken lots of ridicule and trolling over it and told it's impossible by many people only to be proven right years later by a certain notorious hacker.
My sub runs out soon and I wanted to make one more attempt to have this addressed for the benefit of the community before I leave.

Hopefully this won fall on deaf ears this last time.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

NeoBlakkrstal's Avatar


NeoBlakkrstal
08.04.2017 , 04:25 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
Keith, there has always been cheating and hacking in pvp, but what ever you did recently with the code is allowing them to do stuff I've never seen before and had thought it was impossible.

I've seen snipers stealth, Operatives teleporting and Juggs with speed run. None of them have been group buffed, so it's not Operative stealth for snipers or Mara predation for Juggs. The Operative wasn't a bugged roll because I saw them teleport like a Sin across the screen. On top of that we now have people who can't be stunned all match and resolve never goes onto them.

Then you have your every day run of the mill cheating like walking through walls, floating and capping while being hit or in stealth.

Add the stupid bugs that are just getting worse, not better and WZs like Hutt Ball are terrible because operatives just phase through the floor as they roll with the ball and are untargetable.

Keith, something really needs to get done about this as it's only getting worse.

You need to fix the broken code creating the bugs and allowing people to cheat.

Change your policy on cheating and add a real deterrent. A slap on the wrist is only encouraging them. How about if you catch them you just ban/delete the account. Then list this in the TOS and maybe put it up on the login screen occasionally as a warning.

Also please change the way we can report cheating so it is more stream lined. ie right click, report cheat, then allow us to go into the ticket and edit what we saw and add proof if we have it. Then actually get the CS to investigate.

Cheating has been a thorn in my side since launch and I've campaigned against it for years. Ive taken lots of ridicule and trolling over it and told it's impossible by many people only to be proven right years later by a certain notorious hacker.
My sub runs out soon and I wanted to make one more attempt to have this addressed for the benefit of the community before I leave.

Hopefully this won fall on deaf ears this last time.
Thank you for this post. I too have seen some of things, along with players who cannot even be targeted, no matter how close you get to them. I guess the people who made up the old adage "cheaters never prosper" never played PvP in SWTOR, because there certainly is nothing being done about it.
There is no finer thing than the blood of an enemy,
righteously slain. - Hedarr Soongh


My Referral Link

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
08.04.2017 , 05:06 AM | #3
Worst thing is that arenas are affected by, pretty much, the same person over and over for years.

People who respond to those threads with "report them to Eric / CS" are absolutely clueless about the reality of things.

TaazDeLecdar's Avatar


TaazDeLecdar
08.04.2017 , 05:13 AM | #4
Devs don't matter that. they only matter if it's Classed PVP

JattaGin's Avatar


JattaGin
08.04.2017 , 05:46 AM | #5
I haven't seen any unusual activity lately. Do you have videos to show what is happening?
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Medakon's Avatar


Medakon
08.04.2017 , 06:53 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
The Operative wasn't a bugged roll because I saw them teleport like a Sin across the screen.
Just tought I would post a skill you didnt know about:
Operativ / scundrel after 4.0 got released
New Ability: Holotraverse/Trick Move! Supercharge your stealth generator, quickly moving you to a friendly or enemy target and increasing your movement speed by 75% for 3 seconds. Does not break stealth, cannot be used against enemy targets in cover, has a 45 second cooldown, and is off of the Global Cooldown.

t-darko's Avatar


t-darko
08.04.2017 , 08:43 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Worst thing is that arenas are affected by, pretty much, the same person over and over for years.

People who respond to those threads with "report them to Eric / CS" are absolutely clueless about the reality of things.
Now, Now, I know you haven't been given those robes yet, but no need go around call people names.

I had that one sniper entering trench a couple of meters from the console on snow in civil war, had him tabbed real early; suddenly that red circle were behind the console capping, when done he just re-appeared in his trenched position. "well that's a new one" was my first thought, made the ticket and 90 sec later got the ping and answer in my phone.

Sure they can't say what measures they're taking, but friends, if we don't make any tickets, then we really can't whine about the problem. Ohh, haven't seen that sniper around since then really . . .

Thourne's Avatar


Thourne
08.04.2017 , 08:49 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
Keith, there has always been cheating and hacking in pvp, but what ever you did recently with the code is allowing them to do stuff I've never seen before and had thought it was impossible.

I've seen snipers stealth, Operatives teleporting and Juggs with speed run. None of them have been group buffed, so it's not Operative stealth for snipers or Mara predation for Juggs. The Operative wasn't a bugged roll because I saw them teleport like a Sin across the screen. On top of that we now have people who can't be stunned all match and resolve never goes onto them.

Then you have your every day run of the mill cheating like walking through walls, floating and capping while being hit or in stealth.

Add the stupid bugs that are just getting worse, not better and WZs like Hutt Ball are terrible because operatives just phase through the floor as they roll with the ball and are untargetable.

Keith, something really needs to get done about this as it's only getting worse.

You need to fix the broken code creating the bugs and allowing people to cheat.

Change your policy on cheating and add a real deterrent. A slap on the wrist is only encouraging them. How about if you catch them you just ban/delete the account. Then list this in the TOS and maybe put it up on the login screen occasionally as a warning.

Also please change the way we can report cheating so it is more stream lined. ie right click, report cheat, then allow us to go into the ticket and edit what we saw and add proof if we have it. Then actually get the CS to investigate.

Cheating has been a thorn in my side since launch and I've campaigned against it for years. Ive taken lots of ridicule and trolling over it and told it's impossible by many people only to be proven right years later by a certain notorious hacker.
My sub runs out soon and I wanted to make one more attempt to have this addressed for the benefit of the community before I leave.

Hopefully this won fall on deaf ears this last time.
Just wanted to point out that Juggs have two separate Utilities they can take that grant 50% speed boosts.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
08.04.2017 , 08:56 AM | #9
I think a great deal of "odd activity" in PvP can be chalked up to an engine that seems to confuse itself quite often with where YOU see characters and where IT sees characters, it happens in PvE as well...but there are absolutely fishy things that go on in PvP and I would really love for whoever is in charge of that, to take a look at it,
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

t-darko's Avatar


t-darko
08.04.2017 , 10:22 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I think a great deal of "odd activity" in PvP can be chalked up to an engine that seems to confuse itself quite often with where YOU see characters and where IT sees characters, it happens in PvE as well...but there are absolutely fishy things that go on in PvP and I would really love for whoever is in charge of that, to take a look at it,
I'll say!! "Now where did that ball carrier running thru thos flames go?" ... Yep I'm referring to some long time odd huttball events ... "Well now there he is! Down on that floor!!! I'll better jump down there and teach that Son of a Hutt what happens if you attempt to kick the ball!!!!" ... Yep, I'm going down there to unleash Hell ... "But(t) what in freakin' Malgus a-s-s, How did he get up on those rails, and manage to speed buff his Tail across the goal line!!!??"

That's "odd activity" alright! Now . . .
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
... there are absolutely fishy things that go on in PvP and I would really love for whoever is in charge of that, to take a look at it,
Amen!