Launcher does not appear (Linux user)

Kaunisenkeli

Hi, everyone. The game had been working perfectly for me for the past week and a half, but starting yesterday I've been having problems getting the launcher to appear at all, and I've heard from another Linux user who is having the same problem. Unfortunately, the Lutris forums are rather dead and the only reply I got there was the other person having this issue.

For the Linux users out there:

This is the game log I got at first:

wine: cannot find L"C:\windows\system32\winemenubuilder.exe"

err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\windows\system32\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2)

fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub

fixme:file:SetDefaultDllDirectories (800): stub

err:module:import_dll Library webio.dll (which is needed by L"C:\windows\system32\WINHTTP.dll") not found

err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.

fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x33cb8c, overlapped 0xffae10): stub

fixme:winsock:WSALookupServiceBeginW (0x33cc38 0x00000ff0 0x33cc74) Stub!

[0802/115030:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(111)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 8

err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded

Going line-by-line and doing Google searches, I've gotten a few things to vanish, but the launcher still doesn't show and here is my game log as it is now:

err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bce9960 "/home/ubuntu/buildbot/runners/wine/wine-src/dlls/ntdll/loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0027, blocked by 0028, retrying (60 sec)

err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bce9960 "/home/ubuntu/buildbot/runners/wine/wine-src/dlls/ntdll/loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 001a, blocked by 001b, retrying (60 sec)

err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bce9960 "/home/ubuntu/buildbot/runners/wine/wine-src/dlls/ntdll/loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0019, blocked by 001b, retrying (60 sec)

fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub

fixme:file:SetDefaultDllDirectories (800): stub

err:module:import_dll Library webio.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WINHTTP.dll") not found

fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x33cb8c, overlapped 0xffae10): stub

fixme:winsock:WSALookupServiceBeginW (0x33cc38 0x00000ff0 0x33cc74) Stub!

[0802/192321:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(111)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 8

err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

You have three choices right now.

1)- Grab the fix that another poster has pushed for Wine. Compile a separate copy of wine and use it bare, not with Lutris or PoL or whatever.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9376362&postcount=115

He's submitted this as a patch. It adds support for the new crypto type. It will probably take a bit for it to go on there.

2)- Wait for Lutris or PoL or Wine-staging to pick up that patch, then update to it using your normal whatever.

3)- Use the workaround today.

This reverts the patcher to an older version that is a couple months away from certificate expiry. In that span of time, hopefully your Wine packager will accept and package support for the new cert type. This is what I did, works great on FC25 again.