Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To Sage Healers, I Am Having Very Difficult Time With The Nerf. :(

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
To Sage Healers, I Am Having Very Difficult Time With The Nerf. :(

Kuvox
08.02.2017 , 07:58 PM | #11
I do a lot of healing on my Sage and Sorc. As others have said, your numbers are actually great and will only get better with gear improvements. The other issue might simply be, and probably is, who you're playing with. You're playing Republic and, to be honest, except for on the Ebon Hawk and apparently some German server, chances are your teammates aren't matching the DPS of the opposing team. That puts more pressure on you (sometimes a lot more pressure). Because a single Sage healer is rarely sufficient anymore, do what themachinemann recommended: prioritze. Obviously try and keep everyone up, but if the pressure is too much, heal those you either know have the highest DPS or those you perceive to (and, of course, your guard, if you have one). Highest DPS or your tank being out for 20 or more seconds is more detrimental than losing the braindead player with a variation of the name Luke, Obi Wan or Anakin who does maybe 400k damage the whole match. Also, don't worry about abandoning teammates who aren't trying to win, even if they make up the larger group. Personally, I prefer winning over posting big numbers when the two become mutually exclusive.
Kuvox | Rakit | Ethelmerman - The Ebon Hawk & The Harbinger

pyro_princess
08.02.2017 , 10:53 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuvox View Post
I do a lot of healing on my Sage and Sorc. As others have said, your numbers are actually great and will only get better with gear improvements. The other issue might simply be, and probably is, who you're playing with. You're playing Republic and, to be honest, except for on the Ebon Hawk and apparently some German server, chances are your teammates aren't matching the DPS of the opposing team. That puts more pressure on you (sometimes a lot more pressure). Because a single Sage healer is rarely sufficient anymore, do what themachinemann recommended: prioritze. Obviously try and keep everyone up, but if the pressure is too much, heal those you either know have the highest DPS or those you perceive to (and, of course, your guard, if you have one). Highest DPS or your tank being out for 20 or more seconds is more detrimental than losing the braindead player with a variation of the name Luke, Obi Wan or Anakin who does maybe 400k damage the whole match. Also, don't worry about abandoning teammates who aren't trying to win, even if they make up the larger group. Personally, I prefer winning over posting big numbers when the two become mutually exclusive.
Thank you, Kuvox.

Storm-Cutter
08.02.2017 , 11:47 PM | #13
Think you're doing fine. - , looks like the opposition let you freecast all match without shutting you down. - That's on them. - Though they had ~14M heals between their top3 sorcs.

Opposition didn't do nearly enough DPS. - That's matchmaking/ team composition/ teamwork ( or lack) for you.

I rarely see more than 3M- 4M damage ( 3-4K DPS) for the top DPS on my server. Dunno if it's coz they're not as skilled, or just always shut down quicker, so less uptime.

Since I dropped my heals from WZ, I might be inspired to give it a try again if I can get numbers like that!

WD OP. - Care to describe the match?
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

brishae
08.03.2017 , 12:55 AM | #14
Must be a hard life being adjusted to the state you should've always been.
Carthy =)

Storm-Cutter
08.03.2017 , 02:22 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by brishae View Post
Must be a hard life being adjusted to the state you should've always been.
Yup. most healers can't do half that - and I think they're still overpowered, especially since stacking them seems to be a thing. You focus one down with your team-mates, and as soon as the 2nd one is getting low, the first one or third one has rejoined the fight, healing his team-mate furiously.

Most pug teams are:
sorc heals,
sorc heals ,
merc heals ,
merc heals ,
merc heals or dps,
op heals.....
+ 2 random others. ( but mostly sins or juggs)

I used to love my sorc heals, sage heals and Mando heals. But I won't play them now. - I'd only be adding to the problem - making WZ stale and boring and putting people off.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

themachinemann
08.03.2017 , 02:44 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by pyro_princess View Post
I do not, all my gear is 236.
yep that makes sense looking at your stats. 248 mh is very useful for boosting your heals. apart from that others on this thread have offered good advice, but just keep going the way you are. you seem like a good healer to have. gl

Opaknack
08.03.2017 , 04:25 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by pyro_princess View Post
I am having an extremely tough time with the nerfing of Healer Sages. I'm having a hard time staying alive, keeping others alive, and my HPS just feels so low. What am I doing wrong right now that I was doing so right before the nerf? Any opinions will help greatly. Here's a screenshot of my capabilities before the nerf and after the nerf:

BEFORE [Autumn Wynne]: http://i.imgur.com/sfhaVUQ.jpg
AFTER [Medenia]: http://i.imgur.com/MupbxwN.jpg

MY STATS: http://i.imgur.com/KglYtkt.jpg
https://youtu.be/TrhRzxoFH-4
"When you have to shoot...Shoot! Don't talk"
VC T3M4 TRE Versuchung Carok aka Opahuso

yellow_
08.03.2017 , 07:09 AM | #18
turning on cooldown text and improving your UI will almost certainly improve your HPS