Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To Sage Healers, I Am Having Very Difficult Time With The Nerf. :(

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
To Sage Healers, I Am Having Very Difficult Time With The Nerf. :(

pyro_princess
08.02.2017 , 03:01 PM | #1
I am having an extremely tough time with the nerfing of Healer Sages. I'm having a hard time staying alive, keeping others alive, and my HPS just feels so low. What am I doing wrong right now that I was doing so right before the nerf? Any opinions will help greatly. Here's a screenshot of my capabilities before the nerf and after the nerf:

BEFORE [Autumn Wynne]: http://i.imgur.com/sfhaVUQ.jpg
AFTER [Medenia]: http://i.imgur.com/MupbxwN.jpg

MY STATS: http://i.imgur.com/KglYtkt.jpg

Seterade
08.02.2017 , 03:36 PM | #2
I briefly played sorc hlr after the nerf an played it before. The primary thing that changed my output was consuming drkness is now part of the rotation... as in required.

juleswinfield
08.02.2017 , 03:42 PM | #3
I'm doing 5-6k HPS in 230s. I'm not sure what your gear level is, but I feel like your alacrity is a bit low at 10%. I'm at 13 myself. But I also don't play much so it's entirely possible I don't know **** about **** as I'm usually just out there winging it
dark desus - desus nice - mero - kristaps porslingdik

themachinemann
08.02.2017 , 04:28 PM | #4
the most important differences are you (1) need to keep up the force regen buff as much as you can, (2) won't be able to use aoe as much and (3) won't be able to save noobs all the time.
in terms of keeping yourself alive, you'll need to rely more on positioning, kiting and phase walk rather than raw heals.
in terms of keeping noobs alive, well other healing specs felt that pain the whole time sorc was op. you've just gotta prioritize who to keep up and who to let go.

your stat distribution isn't perfect but should be fine, do you have a 248 mh tho?

LordTurin
08.02.2017 , 05:06 PM | #5
Here is what I see in those 2 images:

First one:
8 million heals (against 3 healers so only 5 dps on the other team, with your team having an insane amount of protection)
1 death

2nd:
4.5 million heals (against 8 dps, and you having no tanks, and not much protection)
Still, only 1 death

Honestly, I don't see any problems here. Ya, it is a little more difficult to heal, but you are still pulling very impressive numbers.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Hoppinswtor
08.02.2017 , 05:08 PM | #6
You need to look at healing per second (hps) not overall heals. Besides, hps is highly dependent on enemy dps.

In regs, 10k hps was decent pre-nerf; I'd consider 8.5k hps to be decent post-nerf.

From the looks of the competition, your healing seems to be good enough for the current state of regs.
Hoppin <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara), Hoptimal (Sin)
Hopalicious (Jugg), Oppinator (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)

Wimbleton
08.02.2017 , 05:38 PM | #7
Only thing that really matters for HPS is getting high effective Roamings, 6+ person Revivs and managing your force regen buff. Thats about it.

12.2k was my best prior to 5.3 but that was one game in 1000? dunno, but lots of games.

Post patch Ive had a couple of high 8khps and 1 9khps. This is in line with a 10-15% overall nerf to our HPS. But I still think I could top 10kHPS in the perfect game.

Thats all to say, don't look at HPS.

I personally think about how often and how well I can save low life team mates. I can still do that quite often and many times I can do it better on sorc than merc/op. Previously we could, as the solo healer, keep the entire other 7 people alive the entire game in many cases. I think if you are seeking this, then just change your perspective a bit. Healers shouldnt be able to do that. Healers should be helping people stay alive long enough to make a difference rather than stay alive regardless of if they are putting the effort in to make a difference or not. People dying is just part of the game, and should be.

Some ideas that I've been working with:

Try out the Damage Reduction on pull ability to help keeping targeted players alive. Thats made a big difference to me. I dropped -10sec/25%DR on stun to get it. It also gives your self heal a boost which is never bad. Keep in mind that melee do not want to be pulled off target in most cases, so you'll need to force speed in and stand right on top of them sometimes.

Secondly, self heal is off the GCD, so I've been religiously working that in off the global to keep my roaming mends from bouncing on me and then having that ability sit there unused.

Lastly, I personally take the knockback root ability and I use it all the time. I'm trying out the knockback heal ability and its parsing at about 200-400 HPS which isn't too shabby.

pyro_princess
08.02.2017 , 05:55 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by themachinemann View Post
the most important differences are you (1) need to keep up the force regen buff as much as you can, (2) won't be able to use aoe as much and (3) won't be able to save noobs all the time.
in terms of keeping yourself alive, you'll need to rely more on positioning, kiting and phase walk rather than raw heals.
in terms of keeping noobs alive, well other healing specs felt that pain the whole time sorc was op. you've just gotta prioritize who to keep up and who to let go.

your stat distribution isn't perfect but should be fine, do you have a 248 mh tho?
I do not, all my gear is 236.

pyro_princess
08.02.2017 , 05:56 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
Here is what I see in those 2 images:

First one:
8 million heals (against 3 healers so only 5 dps on the other team, with your team having an insane amount of protection)
1 death

2nd:
4.5 million heals (against 8 dps, and you having no tanks, and not much protection)
Still, only 1 death

Honestly, I don't see any problems here. Ya, it is a little more difficult to heal, but you are still pulling very impressive numbers.
Thank you for the compliment, but I still feel off.

pyro_princess
08.02.2017 , 05:58 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
Only thing that really matters for HPS is getting high effective Roamings, 6+ person Revivs and managing your force regen buff. Thats about it.

12.2k was my best prior to 5.3 but that was one game in 1000? dunno, but lots of games.

Post patch Ive had a couple of high 8khps and 1 9khps. This is in line with a 10-15% overall nerf to our HPS. But I still think I could top 10kHPS in the perfect game.

Thats all to say, don't look at HPS.

I personally think about how often and how well I can save low life team mates. I can still do that quite often and many times I can do it better on sorc than merc/op. Previously we could, as the solo healer, keep the entire other 7 people alive the entire game in many cases. I think if you are seeking this, then just change your perspective a bit. Healers shouldnt be able to do that. Healers should be helping people stay alive long enough to make a difference rather than stay alive regardless of if they are putting the effort in to make a difference or not. People dying is just part of the game, and should be.

Some ideas that I've been working with:

Try out the Damage Reduction on pull ability to help keeping targeted players alive. Thats made a big difference to me. I dropped -10sec/25%DR on stun to get it. It also gives your self heal a boost which is never bad. Keep in mind that melee do not want to be pulled off target in most cases, so you'll need to force speed in and stand right on top of them sometimes.

Secondly, self heal is off the GCD, so I've been religiously working that in off the global to keep my roaming mends from bouncing on me and then having that ability sit there unused.

Lastly, I personally take the knockback root ability and I use it all the time. I'm trying out the knockback heal ability and its parsing at about 200-400 HPS which isn't too shabby.
Thank you for the advice. <3