Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yoda and Darth Sidious

Rhyltran
12.29.2011 , 08:35 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by alink View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inTbUf5Swfc

If you actually watch it Sidious didn't even "win." Yoda dropped his lightsaber, and fought to a standstill on the lightning attack at the end blowing them both back except Yoda didn't have anywhere to go but a long fall. After that he realised he didn't have the time to defeat Sidious. At the begining of the fight Sidious tries to run away.
Incorrect. Sidious won. Leland Chee said so and various quotes have said as much. Yoda's lightsaber fell out of his hand from Sidious lightning. Sidious still had his lightsaber. Yes Yoda couldabsorb and knock them both back but Sidious could have then engaged an unarmed opponent in saber combat. Not to mention we don't know how much of Yoda's "energy" it took to do that. We do know from what we've seen Sidious wasn't even taking Yoda seriously.

smartalectwo
12.30.2011 , 04:55 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by OjamesE View Post
what I don't understand is why are focrce users so mentally unstable? a normal person can use anger and emotion for resolve without becoming a psychopathic killer in the process
I think the term 'force-sensitive' is pretty literal. You can't just use the Force, you're sensitive to the Force. If there's currents and eddies of Force energy all over the place, and you can feel them, you can get swept away if you don't stay focussed.
There is no try.

BrandonSM
12.31.2011 , 02:11 AM | #43
Anyone else curious about how on the Darth Plaeguis Summary on the back of the book states him being the most powerful Sith Lord ever?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_...Darth_Plagueis
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Rhyltran
12.31.2011 , 03:11 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Anyone else curious about how on the Darth Plaeguis Summary on the back of the book states him being the most powerful Sith Lord ever?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_...Darth_Plagueis
"Plagueis was the most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived. But could he be the only one who never died?"

The wording implies that it's taken during the time of the book. We'll have to see when we read but during his time and during the time he was teaching Sidious. He was indeed the most powerful Sith. Interesting enough it hints to the possibility that he doesn't die. If that's the case he could truly secretly be the most powerful but it begs the question if this is true.. where has he been?

BrandonSM
12.31.2011 , 03:52 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
"Plagueis was the most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived. But could he be the only one who never died?"

The wording implies that it's taken during the time of the book. We'll have to see when we read but during his time and during the time he was teaching Sidious. He was indeed the most powerful Sith. Interesting enough it hints to the possibility that he doesn't die. If that's the case he could truly secretly be the most powerful but it begs the question if this is true.. where has he been?
I know, this is what I wonder as well. Maybe Plaguis pulled a Qui-Gon and was a guide for Sidious on becoming immortal/That essence stuff.

That would actually make sense. I doubt Plagueis, who seeked immortality, would teach Sidious about the secrets of Plagueis's immortality, so maybe he did when he was dead/spirit?

And, that quote also interests me because, I feel as though there is someone else involved. Not just Sidious. It also shows Darth Maul on the back cover... I don't know Maul never seemed to bright to me to become immortal.

Curious. I'm tired, probably everything I just said would violate canon, maybe it won't. How many licks does it take to get to the center of the Star Wars? The World May never Know.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Tarsh
12.31.2011 , 05:09 AM | #46
Qui gon jinn is the most powerful jedi... he was the first to split his spirit into an apparition (in canon starwars), and taught Yoda and Obi-wan how to do it also

http://www.starwars.com/explore/ency...njinn/#!/media
http://www.starwars.com/explore/ency...njinn/#!/media

Qui gon even through death attempted to intervene with Anakins slaughter of the sand people in revenge of his mothers death

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjFkB...eature=related
2:51 ^

Yoda also never permitted Qui Gon on to the jedi counsel purely out of spite towards Qui gons superiority and defiance to the jedi code, but qui gon knew better then to think strictly to a set of ideals that had been thought out
Qui gon: feel, dont think, use you instincts

Yoda after recieving Quigons teaching:

Yoda to luke: You must feelthe force around you

You have to face it.. Qui Gon was completely underrated and some even argue that if it was he that survived the fight with Darth Maul and trained Anakin, Anakin would have never fell to the darkside

the main argument anyone would bring up is why would he die if hes so powerful.. well thats just it, ever wonder why Qui gon entered a meditative state while he waited for the shield generators to drop? because he could see through the shroud of the darkside and knew he was going to be slain, preparing his body to reach the apparition form he trained himself to take after death. its funny that Obi Wan also did the same thing when being struck down by Vader in the 4th movie almost as if to pass the torch to Luke who would ultimately destroy what remained of the sith..

there was a thread I read on these forums about what if Obi Wan beat Vader or tried to fight him in stead of sacrificing himself.. I think at that point of his training Obi Wan could also see the outcomes of his decisions and with him sacrificing himself he ultimately gave strength to his apprentice to defeat his father and sidious.. like wise one can only conclude that is also was an outcome of Qui Gons intuition... its so poetic and possible it has to be true, which begs the question why is it that a noble sacrifice happens at the beginning of each trilogy? well watch the end of ROTJ to find out.. the good guys win just as Qui Gon in his power intended it to end

Qui gon should be on everyones list as rank number 1

heres a video assisting my belief, and the beliefs of many others:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2OHdHKEr5A

BrandonSM
12.31.2011 , 05:11 AM | #47
Immortality and Power are not the same.

And do you forget he *lost* to Darth Maul.

Qui-Gon, cool dude. Nowhere near Luke.

Tarsh
12.31.2011 , 05:59 AM | #48

And do you forget he *lost* to Darth Maul.
you read 1 paragraph of my post

Sakima
12.31.2011 , 06:39 AM | #49
Now, I heard multiple times from multiple posters on the old forums(Pre-Wipe) that Yoda was the most powerful Force User Until Skywalker stated by GL or LucasArts. Every time I asked for evidence.. I was either ignored, passed by or whatever. The reason I asked for Evidence was because in my opinion and my evidence of Episode 3, that Sidious was a more powerful Force User than Yoda.

In Episode 3, though it was an extremely close fight, Sidious defeated Yoda. That is canon. I mean was Yoda no longer in his prime during this time? Or is the statement of Yoda being the most powerful Force User before Luke not true and it is myth?

Because how I see my List.

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Abeloth(Here is a difficult decision. Until I see Abeloth do something that can truly defeat or surpass Luke, I am putting her under Luke)
3. Sidious
4. Yoda

Help?!?

Luke is not the most powerful. He isn't as powerful as Vader....

"Who is more powerful than Darth Vader?" "Some will be drawn to Luke because he is the good guy, but we all know Vader is far more powerful than he is." "It becomes obvious that he is because he, (Vader) is the ultimate Father, who is all powerful." -George Lucas.

Rhyltran
12.31.2011 , 11:04 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Sakima View Post
Luke is not the most powerful. He isn't as powerful as Vader....

"Who is more powerful than Darth Vader?" "Some will be drawn to Luke because he is the good guy, but we all know Vader is far more powerful than he is." "It becomes obvious that he is because he, (Vader) is the ultimate Father, who is all powerful." -George Lucas.
Luke later becomes FAR more powerful than Vader. Check Post ROTJ books.