Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Satele Shan must die thread :D:D:D:D !!!!!! You took us Darth Marr now we take Satele

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Satele Shan must die thread :D:D:D:D !!!!!! You took us Darth Marr now we take Satele

Kyrra_T
07.30.2017 , 01:53 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Signed!!!!! Most whole-heartedly. Satele MUST DIE

Please let us be the ones to kill her too.

You took my beloved Marr away and let this wench live. Turn about is fair play. Kill her!
She'd have to die silently. The voice actors strike is now the 2nd longest in SAG history and shows no signs of ending.

Paulsutherland
07.30.2017 , 02:12 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
Don't you mean Malgus? We never saw his dead body after all...

As to Satele, no way. She's among the very few characters the republic even has. The original pre-launch characters should have more significance in game, not less.
Hell no, Darth Marr was the true hero of the Sith Empire.

We need to get his leadership back, ASAP! To hell with Acina and her 'new way' for the Sith Empire!

Eshvara
07.30.2017 , 02:15 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
To hell with Acina and her 'new way' for the Sith Empire!
I agree with this part.
#Arcannite
💫Darth Malgus💫

Elessara
07.30.2017 , 03:14 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by LordAppius View Post
Go to youtube. Thexan and Arcan captured Malgus and have him on carbonite
Wasn't that scene from a not-officially-released trailer? Like they removed it before they released the official trailer. If so, like I said, unless the game officially tells me otherwise, Malgus is dead.

And I know I've said this in other posts but I really wish they would just let the dead stay dead. And I think Marr was an awesome character, I wish they hadn't killed him, but aside from the occasional ghostly appearance, he's dead. They could bring Jadus back though. Jadus creeped me out and I don't really want him to come back but he never actually died. I was ok with Revan in SoR because after you defeated him in the Foundry he disappears in a burst of light and there was no body but now he's dead and should stay that way.

Elessara
07.30.2017 , 03:15 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrra_T View Post
She'd have to die silently. The voice actors strike is now the 2nd longest in SAG history and shows no signs of ending.
Doesn't that strike only affect certain games and isn't SWTOR not one of those? I'm not entirely sure.

Ralei
07.30.2017 , 03:29 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Signed!!!!! Most whole-heartedly. Satele MUST DIE

Please let us be the ones to kill her too.

You took my beloved Marr away and let this wench live. Turn about is fair play. Kill her!
lol nooo Luna

Celise
07.30.2017 , 03:31 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrra_T View Post
these voice actors have a problem with the way EA treats their efforts and how they are compensated for injuries to voice actor while performing their job, examples; screaming on a death scene or speaking in a highly uncomfortable way... Jennifer Hale is a leading voice for that concern. it likely covers all EA games she is involved in.

Elessara
07.30.2017 , 03:45 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
these voice actors have a problem with the way EA treats their efforts and how they are compensated for injuries to voice actor while performing their job, examples; screaming on a death scene or speaking in a highly uncomfortable way... Jennifer Hale is a leading voice for that concern. it likely covers all EA games she is involved in.
But the strike only affects games that started production after February of 2015, right? I am unclear if this affects additions to previously existing games.

Edit: Wait, Jennifer Hale also voices the female trooper and Iokath came out this year and there will be more story in August which presumably means more VA work for all classes. Also, KotET was just last year, after the strike was in effect. So the strike wouldn't be an issue with Hale.

MingusPho
07.30.2017 , 04:37 PM | #29
Satele died a different kind of death. Just let her be.

Kyrra_T
07.30.2017 , 05:07 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Elessara View Post
Doesn't that strike only affect certain games and isn't SWTOR not one of those? I'm not entirely sure.
http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechc...game-companies

This is from Oct 22, 2016, but the strike is still ongoing and applies.

I suspect, strongly, that what we have heard is looped previous recordings of her voice strung together for new dialogue. And the strike wants to back apply residuals to all work performed since 2015 in voice acting on games.