Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So how does solo ranked system work? Does anyone know details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So how does solo ranked system work? Does anyone know details?

AlCorazon's Avatar


AlCorazon
07.27.2017 , 05:58 PM | #1
I only participated in S7 and S8.
My understanding was, that if you win, you gain rating, and if you lose, you loose it.
Sometimes we get 9 up if we win, other time 11 or 14, same goes for loss.
So how is determined exactly, how much we loose or gain?
My referral link! http://www.swtor.com/r/gBW7FL

KumbayaGOD's Avatar


KumbayaGOD
07.27.2017 , 08:31 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by AlCorazon View Post
I only participated in S7 and S8.
My understanding was, that if you win, you gain rating, and if you lose, you loose it.
Sometimes we get 9 up if we win, other time 11 or 14, same goes for loss.
So how is determined exactly, how much we loose or gain?
its the elo system meaning you will get more if your average elo rating of your group is lower than the opponents and win and you get lower points if the elo of your opponents overall is lower than you and you win that game

it also apply if you lose, so if you lose to higher rating elo opponent you get less decrease elo but if your team elo is higher and you lose to lower rating average opponent you lose more points
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE

Caeliuxrules's Avatar


Caeliuxrules
07.28.2017 , 12:29 AM | #3
You q sync with your guild.

Win trade.

Profit.

😂😂😂😂
Former GM of We are KAPPA and FIGHT on The Harbinger
The Swiftsure>The Fatman>The PO5>The Bastion>The Harbinger
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
07.28.2017 , 12:44 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliuxrules View Post
You q sync with your guild.

Win trade.

Profit.

😂😂😂😂
yeah but you need ppl with high ranking first so in a wintrade some lose and some gain, but in order to really profit from win trade you have to sacrifice toons with higher rating. So the smart form or wintrade is quing with a new toon and throwing matches, which sucks for the other 3 players!
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Beaten the game?

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
07.28.2017 , 12:46 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AlCorazon View Post
I only participated in S7 and S8.
My understanding was, that if you win, you gain rating, and if you lose, you loose it.
Sometimes we get 9 up if we win, other time 11 or 14, same goes for loss.
So how is determined exactly, how much we loose or gain?
Just like it was explained, lets say your team has ppl with 1200, 1200, 1200, 1200 rating and you are up against a team where the rating is 1200, 1200, 3000, 3000. In this case if you lose you get -4 rating (or something like that as you were up against a high ranked person) but those 3000 rating players would gain like +2. If you would manage to win you would get +15 and the guys with 3000 would get -15 minimum (maybe even more).
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Beaten the game?

Caeliuxrules's Avatar


Caeliuxrules
07.28.2017 , 01:35 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
yeah but you need ppl with high ranking first so in a wintrade some lose and some gain, but in order to really profit from win trade you have to sacrifice toons with higher rating. So the smart form or wintrade is quing with a new toon and throwing matches, which sucks for the other 3 players!
😇😇😇😇😈😈😈😈
Former GM of We are KAPPA and FIGHT on The Harbinger
The Swiftsure>The Fatman>The PO5>The Bastion>The Harbinger
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

frosttj's Avatar


frosttj
07.28.2017 , 05:19 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AlCorazon View Post
I only participated in S7 and S8.
My understanding was, that if you win, you gain rating, and if you lose, you loose it.
Sometimes we get 9 up if we win, other time 11 or 14, same goes for loss.
So how is determined exactly, how much we loose or gain?
Your teams average rating vs the other teams average rating. If you're suppose to win based on ELO, you'll get a lower number than if your not suppose to win based on ELO. If it's a gross gap, your gains will be significantly higher or lower. Also your first 15-20 matches give and take more ELO than the matches after that. So it's much easier if you can win most of those.

DavidAtkinson's Avatar


DavidAtkinson
07.28.2017 , 11:26 PM | #8
Your initial 10 matches before you get a rating are your most important matches of the season. If you fail those, your rating will be bad and you will never improve your rating.

The matchmaking system puts low rated players in the same team and high rated players in the other team which results in an endless cycle for the low rated player who will be stuck in 900-1050 range.

Not worth bothering imo. Toxic community, rewards aren't motivating, FOTM classes are the majority, QUE systemis RNG lottery, luck based which may result in frustration for the players, lots of trolls and match throwers.

I would stick to regs if I were you..

Caeliuxrules's Avatar


Caeliuxrules
07.29.2017 , 01:10 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Your initial 10 matches before you get a rating are your most important matches of the season. If you fail those, your rating will be bad and you will never improve your rating.

The matchmaking system puts low rated players in the same team and high rated players in the other team which results in an endless cycle for the low rated player who will be stuck in 900-1050 range.

Not worth bothering imo. Toxic community, rewards aren't motivating, FOTM classes are the majority, QUE systemis RNG lottery, luck based which may result in frustration for the players, lots of trolls and match throwers.

I would stick to regs if I were you..
So basically q sync fresh 70 with transfered gear.

Win first 10 with q sync trolling.

Brag about it on fleet.

Profit?

😂😂😂😂
Former GM of We are KAPPA and FIGHT on The Harbinger
The Swiftsure>The Fatman>The PO5>The Bastion>The Harbinger
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

Icykill_'s Avatar


Icykill_
07.29.2017 , 01:54 AM | #10
And people wonder why ranked isn't taken seriously and neither are people who constantly refer them 😉
Anyone can get a high rating if they WinTrade, so basically pointing to someone's rating as "proof" to how good they are is pointless and in most cases has the reverse affect of people thinking they are scrub wintraders.
It's no wonder no one plays it or if they do they don't care if they ruin other ledgitmate players ratings. All ranked is just a place to get unassembled components faster. Imagine how bad it will be with the announced chnages to increasing them in ranked again. There will be more afk trolling with the announced chnages than now.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff