Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guard in pvp is overpowered

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Guard in pvp is overpowered

frosttj
07.28.2017 , 09:14 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Watching skank-tanks outdps skilled dps spec players, and keeping alive the whole group with swaping guard on targets which are focused i definitely say that skank-tanks are opped in this game. The teams with a skilled skank-tank wins the team without a tank pretty easy. 50% for skank-tank is too much, and really breaks the game. I would like to see guard nerfed to at least 25% or make it dependable on defense stat to get rid of skank-tanks.
Not saying it's NOT stupid...but tunnel the skank tank, cc the healers. It does work if you've got 2-3 competent players with you.

Foambreaker
07.28.2017 , 09:48 AM | #22
FIFTY PERCENT DAMAGE REDUCTION is fine, just CC

kronichabit
07.28.2017 , 12:21 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellarcrusade View Post
A few points I guess need to be made..........again.

1.) It is easy to kill a guard/healer pair if you are not a moron.
2.) Guard is possibly the biggest tool a guardian has in PvP. Take away guard, is like telling guardians to stop playing PvP.
3.) Learn to Play.
4.) Learn to Play.
5.) Never ask for a nerf unless you are asking for your main character to be nerfed. Because you probably do not understand the mechanics of the nerf you are asking for. This thread is a classic example.

Isn't it curious how people always ask for nerfs of whatever ability defines another class, imagine if poor players convinced them to nerf the ability that defines your class? Should we get rid of stealth for stealth classes?

Before the utter and complete obliteration of healer in PvP (recent nerf), solid players could easily beat the guard/healer pair. Now any chump without the brain capacity to open a jar of peanut-butter and wielding a wet noodle can do it.

These nerf calls are sickening. It shows that our average intelligence in PvP has gone way way way down. They are predictable, and they will never stop coming.
1.) "massively nerf healers - because I suck and refuse to learn to play" - DONE
2.) "get rid of guards in PvP - for some reason eliminating healers didn't make the game easy enough for me"
3.) Next will be: "give me an instant-kill-all-healers-in-the-war ability, because for some reason getting rid of guard didn't make the game easy enough for me"
4.) Then: "Can I have an ability that allows me to instantly kill all other players of any type, I find I still cannot kill anyone"
5.) "Ok fine, I realize now I sucked the whole time and no amount of nerfs would change that, too bad I ruined the game by making all players quit the game due to my nerfs first".

The real solution is to buy a character rename token, change your character name to "I suck", change your legacy name to "Too lazy to try", and create a guild called "I should never PvP".
i was gonna roast this fool to but got this fo realz
Madeyoulook kronic aka pournflakes
Pub side Shura Imp side Gob<censored>
7 days for free
http://www.swtor.com/r/PwJqTF

-Solace-
07.31.2017 , 11:56 AM | #24
Take it down to 30%. Done.
Need a Sig.

Caeliuxrules
07.31.2017 , 01:17 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by -Solace- View Post

50% is pretty high. With where healers are in game 30% wouldn't be terrible.
Former GM of We are KAPPA and FIGHT on The Harbinger
The Swiftsure>The Fatman>The PO5>The Bastion>The Harbinger
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

Foambreaker
07.31.2017 , 03:17 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by -Solace- View Post
That nerfs real tanks.

Double the incoming damage but allow tank stats to mitigate that.

For real tanks it is a non-event.

Skanks and DPS guards take double damage.

Problem solved.

Caeliuxrules
07.31.2017 , 03:32 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
That nerfs real tanks.

Double the incoming damage but allow tank stats to mitigate that.

For real tanks it is a non-event.

Skanks and DPS guards take double damage.

Problem solved.

Simple fix is spec specific only gear for PvP. Immortal gear tank stats only, problem solved. But then the influx of vengeance tanks, take away guard problem fixed. Then tanks actually would be.. Tanks.
Former GM of We are KAPPA and FIGHT on The Harbinger
The Swiftsure>The Fatman>The PO5>The Bastion>The Harbinger
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

MackPol
08.01.2017 , 03:44 AM | #28
Pls nerf. I dpsed Sorc healer guarded by Jugg on my lightning Sorc. I did 1.5k dps and the healer just would not die.
Guard is OP.

Liquor
08.01.2017 , 09:09 AM | #29
because 1 dps should take down a tank/guarded healer comp

LoL fools

theres nothing wrong with the current state of guard. other than DPS specs running with it
7 Day FREE Subscription + free stuff -----> REFERRAL LINK
SWTOR.tv <--- Link to all my streams, UI Settings and Discord
Grand Mff Kilran - Slas - Harkn
AKA: knowmyname -=- #NerfOperatives

Thaladan
08.01.2017 , 09:13 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MackPol View Post
Pls nerf. I dpsed Sorc healer guarded by Jugg on my lightning Sorc. I did 1.5k dps and the healer just would not die.
Guard is OP.
aha even non guarded, if you can solo a healer with lightning, he's bad.
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech