Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Nerf Guard!


kissingaiur's Avatar


kissingaiur
07.24.2017 , 02:35 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
Dps specs should not be able to guard. They did not use to before 5.0 (at least without changing stance) and they should not now. TTK is slow as it is..
DPS could guard before, they just had to switch stances which took an extra GCD.

There is nothing wrong with DPS being able to guard. What do you do when this happens? Tunnel the guy who is guarding. He will be taking the guard damage of the person who he is guarding and also the damage on himself. He will melt.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Ive transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

DavidAtkinson's Avatar


DavidAtkinson
07.24.2017 , 02:38 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellarcrusade View Post
Just another noob thread from someone who doesn't know how to PvP. Its the reason that healers were obliterated with the last nerf, a bunch of no-skill chumps complaining how hard it was to kill a healer because they do not know how to play. Then they pretty much eliminate all healers and you still cannot kill them? What happens when they get rid of all the other classes one by one until you finally have to face the facts that you suck. L2P.

In your ideal world the warzones would only have mercs in them. Tell me then, how you going to kill other mercs when they have the same 3 lives as you do. Then you'll be here with a new thread: "Please remove DCDs from all players except me."

Here is a tip: 8v8 Warzones are not won by who kills the most, only noobs run around killing people instead of trying to win.
I am a no skill chump who wants to tell you that there were times when you could win a warzone without healers...in your team and with enemy having at least 1. A typical warzone today is mostly about a team with 2 or 3 healers VS a team with 1 or zero heals getting hammered down. No fun at all. Sometimes I think that the only reason we are winning is because we had more healers and not skill. it's f*ng bad !

In 5.0 winning with 1 heal team vs 2 or 3 heal team is mostly out of the question. especially when you have skank tank abominations running around with VIABLE guards to healers and doing 3 mil damage..

Yes, us no skill chumps just hate how everything is so broken now.

I'd to have a word with the genius who thought that giving guard to dps classes jugg, pt sin was a good idea.... and STILL, no word of it being FIXED. EVER !

Seterade's Avatar


Seterade
07.24.2017 , 02:39 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellarcrusade View Post
Its the reason that healers were obliterated with the last nerf, a bunch of no-skill chumps complaining how hard it was to kill a healer because they do not know how to play. Then they pretty much eliminate all healers. L2P.
this post was ironic. someone telling someone else "L2P" while at the same time calling healers "obliterated". Im a DPS 90% of the time, but for the last week have played merc/op/sorc hlr in non set bonus gear, healing 3-4m a match and doing hmfps for farming. heals are not broken. no skill players just cant roll their face on their keyboard an pull 3.5m heals on sorc anymore.

Caeliuxrules's Avatar


Caeliuxrules
07.24.2017 , 03:07 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
There is nothing wrong with DPS being able to guard.
If you truly believe that then you are the problem on why Bioware listens to the masses on what is supposed to be balanced, and what needs adressed.

What it should be is Tank can only guard, and has to be in tank gear.

Tanks should not be able to wear dps gear and dps should not have tank utilities. Taunts, guard, ect. Dps is dps, tank is tank and healers are healers.

That is suppose to be the trinity here, unless Bioware wants this game to be like Rift or Guildwars or Final Fantasy...
Former GM of We are KAPPA and FIGHT on The Harbinger
The Swiftsure>The Fatman>The PO5>The Bastion>The Harbinger
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

septru's Avatar


septru
07.24.2017 , 03:36 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Not working, i see more and more skilled tanks swapping guard buff.

I totally agree that skank-tanks guarding everyone on warzones is a cancer, it ruins pvp and way too opped. Tre is not suffering much but harbringer (republic side) and t3m4 are suffering with army of skank- tanks premades guarding everyone and making their teams unkillable. I never saw any mmo with such opped guard ability in pvp, it makes fights useless and stupid.

/signed
I am so very confused by this post. Setting side the rediculousnes of this thread and thinking that skank tanks are op right now.

First u complain about not having enough dps to kill a healer tank combo. Then you complain that skank tanks do too much dps....
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."

Caeliuxrules's Avatar


Caeliuxrules
07.24.2017 , 03:55 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
I am a no skill chump who wants to tell you that there were times when you could win a warzone without healers...in your team and with enemy having at least 1. A typical warzone today is mostly about a team with 2 or 3 healers VS a team with 1 or zero heals getting hammered down. No fun at all. Sometimes I think that the only reason we are winning is because we had more healers and not skill. it's f*ng bad !

In 5.0 winning with 1 heal team vs 2 or 3 heal team is mostly out of the question. especially when you have skank tank abominations running around with VIABLE guards to healers and doing 3 mil damage..

Yes, us no skill chumps just hate how everything is so broken now.

I'd to have a word with the genius who thought that giving guard to dps classes jugg, pt sin was a good idea.... and STILL, no word of it being FIXED. EVER !
Lol well said and you really get it.

The over zelious player always hates the absoulute truth...

Sadley the moral and value of this game was taken away before it even got started. People complained so badly back then this game tanked to a FTP game lol. Had tons of heavy servers, now has only one standard server Harbinger, rest is light.

What bothers me the most is the simple things never fixed, and I got a laundry list lol..

Anyways.. 😂😂😂
Former GM of We are KAPPA and FIGHT on The Harbinger
The Swiftsure>The Fatman>The PO5>The Bastion>The Harbinger
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

kissingaiur's Avatar


kissingaiur
07.24.2017 , 04:21 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliuxrules View Post
If you truly believe that then you are the problem on why Bioware listens to the masses on what is supposed to be balanced, and what needs adressed.

What it should be is Tank can only guard, and has to be in tank gear.

Tanks should not be able to wear dps gear and dps should not have tank utilities. Taunts, guard, ect. Dps is dps, tank is tank and healers are healers.

That is suppose to be the trinity here, unless Bioware wants this game to be like Rift or Guildwars or Final Fantasy...
Skank tank are easy to kill they are not the problem.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Ive transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

Neoforcer's Avatar


Neoforcer
07.24.2017 , 04:29 PM | #28
How hard is it to split dps to the tank and healer tanks will die every time as the healer can not heal double the damage the tank is taking and the damage the healer has to heal them self for. Guard is fine bad pugs are the problem when they are sitting there attack the other tank that has no healer like a loony toons character which way did he go... When you solo que it is like pulling teeth getting a pug to figure this out. If it has a guard pugs wont attack that player more then 2 buttons worth of rotation and then tab target to some thing else.

Caeliuxrules's Avatar


Caeliuxrules
07.24.2017 , 04:53 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
Skank tank are easy to kill they are not the problem.
But they are A problem. And its A inbalance. And there is CRAP tons of people playing them.

You say there is focus problems, well there always has been focus problems with 90% of this pvp community what do you even mean lol. .. 😅☺😅

But you cant sit here like "Its up to the players to adept" bs when as PLAIN as day a inbalance of skank tanks are all over the place. Not to mention heals, I dont see dps anymore its hybrid or go home..

Tbh, this shouldnt even be a discussion, it SHOULDN'T be aloud in this game..

Bottom line you may say its players and skank tank isnt the problem. Well Bioware allowing it is really the problem.

Rather they exist in this game or not, lack of focus will be always there. With all due respect I just disagree with the way you find it not being a problem.

I find most people who accept it play it or dont care if a guild mate plays it. And I am not saying that is case for you, all I am saying is there is rose tinted glasses about this topic..
Former GM of We are KAPPA and FIGHT on The Harbinger
The Swiftsure>The Fatman>The PO5>The Bastion>The Harbinger
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

Severith's Avatar


Severith
07.24.2017 , 06:40 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliuxrules View Post
But they are A problem. And its A inbalance. And there is CRAP tons of people playing them.

You say there is focus problems, well there always has been focus problems with 90% of this pvp community what do you even mean lol. .. 😅☺😅

But you cant sit here like "Its up to the players to adept" bs when as PLAIN as day a inbalance of skank tanks are all over the place. Not to mention heals, I dont see dps anymore its hybrid or go home..

Tbh, this shouldnt even be a discussion, it SHOULDN'T be aloud in this game..

Bottom line you may say its players and skank tank isnt the problem. Well Bioware allowing it is really the problem.

Rather they exist in this game or not, lack of focus will be always there. With all due respect I just disagree with the way you find it not being a problem.

I find most people who accept it play it or dont care if a guild mate plays it. And I am not saying that is case for you, all I am saying is there is rose tinted glasses about this topic..
All of the juggs run immortal for the simple reason that dps juggs can't compete against the ranged meta of mercs/snipers. It would be stupid to punish the one viable spec for pvp.

It takes twice as long to gear a skank tank then any other class. Think about that in the context of CXP.

Skank tanks who burned their dcds are just as easy to kill as a dps. That means you force him to burn a dcd, attack the healer, and when the dcds run out you attack the tank again. Suddenly his taunts and guard are completely useless. It's just a much less severe version of attacking a merc, except that he's not going to be as effective as a real dps while you're ignoring him.

"But he does so much damage! Bo ho!" That's because your team is standing in cleaves. If a skank tank gets more that 2 targets in his cleave it's their fault for clustering. If you do just a little research, you'll know when a immortal jug is about to use crushing blow against a group. An average player knows what a merc reflect looks like, what their energy shield looks like, etc. It won't kill you to learn what a couple of animations from other classes look like.

You can't balance pvp off of what bad players do, without causing even more problems. So treat skank tanks like valid opponents, and learn when to attack them and when to avoid them.