Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf Guard!

omaan
07.24.2017 , 11:02 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
Or maybe don't tunnel the healer and use actual strategies to work around healer guard problem.

And lets be honest here, most tanks suck and won't guard swap until its too late. That should give you some idea of which strategy to choose.
Not working, i see more and more skilled tanks swapping guard buff.

I totally agree that skank-tanks guarding everyone on warzones is a cancer, it ruins pvp and way too opped. Tre is not suffering much but harbringer (republic side) and t3m4 are suffering with army of skank- tanks premades guarding everyone and making their teams unkillable. I never saw any mmo with such opped guard ability in pvp, it makes fights useless and stupid.

/signed

Stellarcrusade
07.24.2017 , 12:00 PM | #12
Just another noob thread from someone who doesn't know how to PvP. Its the reason that healers were obliterated with the last nerf, a bunch of no-skill chumps complaining how hard it was to kill a healer because they do not know how to play. Then they pretty much eliminate all healers and you still cannot kill them? What happens when they get rid of all the other classes one by one until you finally have to face the facts that you suck. L2P.

In your ideal world the warzones would only have mercs in them. Tell me then, how you going to kill other mercs when they have the same 3 lives as you do. Then you'll be here with a new thread: "Please remove DCDs from all players except me."

Here is a tip: 8v8 Warzones are not won by who kills the most, only noobs run around killing people instead of trying to win.

Lionflash
07.24.2017 , 12:10 PM | #13
falling victim to a professional troll

yellow_
07.24.2017 , 12:18 PM | #14
translation: I want to be able to win by brainlessly mobbing one target until it's dead and then repeating this infinitely until I win

you could always try world of warcraft if using cc and changing targets is too hard

-Bob-
07.24.2017 , 12:24 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellarcrusade View Post
Here is a tip: 8v8 Warzones are not won by who kills the most, only noobs run around killing people instead of trying to win.
Except Ancient Hypergate.
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

Glower
07.24.2017 , 12:47 PM | #16
Quote:
Nerf Guard!
Okay, but buff my dps (not a skank tank) a lot. But you dont need it, right? You just want to nerf guard and literally kill real tanks in pvp?
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"; Summer 2018 PvP changes - finally, Bioware delivers...

Beyrahl
07.24.2017 , 12:53 PM | #17
I've never had a problem killing someone with guard, use your brain. There are multiple ways to do this.

- Brute force, interrupt important heals like innervate and other big ones continuing then stunning for their next big heal, it'll work at some point with enough dps.

- Getting the tanks attention, surprisingly most tanks have a i'm a dps mentality, if you have their aggro move away from the healer if they follow you've successfully voided guard with out of range. Just hope your team is good enough to take advantage.

- Separating the tank with brute force, many classes can do this, Power tech pull, Darkness sin pull, Juggernaut push, Sniper knockback (Mainly extended one) and Mercenary Knockback (mainly the extended one too.) This sometimes can give you enough time to finish off or pressure them really low to use the brute force method.

- Ignoring them, some healers only focus on healing themselves, most of the time you can figure these types of people out fast if you're decent at paying attention. Meaning you can kill someone else and leave them for last.

- Pressure you can tunnel the **** out of this but if the tank is good, chances are it's going to be rough if you're lacking damage, if you're playing a spec like carnage, it's incredibly good at swapping targets and blowing up people with burst. Eventually there will be enough guard damage to possibly execute the tank, if you ever see a opportune time to do so, do it. Also never overlook your AoE mezzes.

Lundorff
07.24.2017 , 01:14 PM | #18
ITT: people who are afraid to die.

Guarding and taunts should be restricted to tanks, and the amount of damage they can tank when guarding healers should be reduced. The healer / tank dynamic is simply too strong, and premade teams benefit immensely from this structure.

But this is a pointless argument, as BW can't figure out how to separate PVE tanking from PVP tanking.

Ottoattack
07.24.2017 , 01:47 PM | #19
Dps specs should not be able to guard. They did not use to before 5.0 (at least without changing stance) and they should not now. TTK is slow as it is..

MuskyBoy
07.24.2017 , 02:29 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
ITT: people who are afraid to die.

Guarding and taunts should be restricted to tanks, and the amount of damage they can tank when guarding healers should be reduced. The healer / tank dynamic is simply too strong, and premade teams benefit immensely from this structure.

But this is a pointless argument, as BW can't figure out how to separate PVE tanking from PVP tanking.
Guarding, should only be available in tank spec, taunting should be available to dps as well. Taunting by dps has its place in some PVE strats so unless PVP and PVE get completely separated dps should have taunts.