Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Diplomacy] Abnormally low crit rate?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Diplomacy] Abnormally low crit rate?

tephlon
07.24.2017 , 04:40 AM | #1
Anyone else feels like Diplomacy returns way fewer criticals than any other Crew Skills? I'm running missions on my INF39 Senya and INF36 Vette and I could swear I get nowhere near those 18-19,5% crits. And yeah, I understand that, theoretically speaking, I could run a thousand missions and not get a single crit, it's just weird as hell because they both seem to be critting often enough on Biochem missions.

psandak
07.24.2017 , 06:13 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by tephlon View Post
Anyone else feels like Diplomacy returns way fewer criticals than any other Crew Skills? I'm running missions on my INF39 Senya and INF36 Vette and I could swear I get nowhere near those 18-19,5% crits. And yeah, I understand that, theoretically speaking, I could run a thousand missions and not get a single crit, it's just weird as hell because they both seem to be critting often enough on Biochem missions.
No, I am swimming in grade 10 purple materials. I have three characters with the diplomacy skill. I use eight companions on those three characters to run missions (1x4, 1x2, 1x2 and the last 1x2 I do not ALWAYS run diplomacy missions with). The average companion influence rank is 37 (high of 43 low of 30). That means the average crit chance is 33.5% (base 15% + [0.5% * avg inf 37] = 33.5). I have not tracked my missions in quite some (maybe I have to start up again), but I get an average of 5 crits every 2 passes among those 8 companions; 5 crits every 16 missions is 31.25% crit rate.

two pieces of advice:

#1 start tracking your results. You do not have to go into great detail: run a mission...did it crit? when you've run several hundred missions (better would be a couple thousand missions but even I could never get that far) you will most likely see that the crit rate is dead on. I have done this several times in the past and EVERY time the crit rate is right on the money (within an appropriate margin of error of course)

#2 in order to properly feed a given crafting skill you must have two characters with the appropriate gathering and mission skills. So with biochem you need two bioanalysis characters and two diplomacy characters...one of which can be the biochem character.

Strictly speaking you need 1.5 characters but since you cannot have half a character you have to round up. With only one character you will often find yourself running short on materials, with two characters you will probably find yourself a little oversupplied. And that is probably what you are experiencing...when you "need" materials you do not have them in sufficient quantity and so you run missions and get the "watched pot never boils" effect.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Vercundus
07.25.2017 , 01:57 AM | #3
No, Diplomacy is the same as every other skill. On 4 missions with level 50s, I get, on average, 5 purple mats, one from rich and one from bountiful mission. Sometimes is better, sometimes not.

What I can say is that I get unusual number of failures recently, specially with Vette. Maybe a coincidence, but her "Perfection is overrated" is starting to annoy me. I know it should not be the case, but there it is.
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

tephlon
07.25.2017 , 06:07 AM | #4
Cool, thanks, guys. Don't think I'll be running any tests, I can't shake off the knowledge that, when running 1000 missions, I could still get, say, 830 ones without a single crit.

wainot-keel
07.25.2017 , 10:17 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by tephlon View Post
Cool, thanks, guys. Don't think I'll be running any tests, I can't shake off the knowledge that, when running 1000 missions, I could still get, say, 830 ones without a single crit.
But if you don't track your mission results you won't shake the impression you're not getting what you're supposed to be getting.

More than once, like many others, I've had this same impression "wth... this crap broken or what ?" And every time I started tracking the results, with only a few dozens of runs, I saw it was fine and it was only a bad perception of mine.