Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] Blue mats

thirtydollars
07.23.2017 , 06:16 AM | #1
I've got thousands of them and can't find a use for them. I was hoping to find some blue schematics I can use them for to RE for augment kit parts. Do any crafting skills use blue slicing mats alone (not purple mats as well) in their schematics?

psandak
07.23.2017 , 08:26 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by thirtydollars View Post
I've got thousands of them and can't find a use for them. I was hoping to find some blue schematics I can use them for to RE for augment kit parts. Do any crafting skills use blue slicing mats alone (not purple mats as well) in their schematics?
Absolutely...the overwhelming majority of the schematics you get from the trainers (color crystals and dye modules excluded) use only blue mats. In fact, I craft a lot of blue stuff for sale on the GTN. Because they are VERY cheap to make (on the order of 5k to make) and they sell for 20k to 50k, they are very profitable (300% to 900% profit). Granted they are not high value, but I sell a LOT of them...because they are so cheap. I honestly do not know who buys them and I do not care all I know is that they sell .

That said, there is also a market for most blue materials on the GTN. Some of them, you may be surprised how valuable they are (1k to 2k each). OTOH, there are some that are barely worth more than what a NPC vendor would give you (you have to be careful and take the 6% GTN cut into account; for example grade 10 mats vendor for 165, anything below 176 a piece on the GTN and you are losing credits). But most fall somewhere in between: not high value but significantly more than what a NPC vendor would give (i.e. 250 to 500 a piece). And getting some value (credits) for those materials you are not using is better than just having them sit in your inventory.

Advice:
  1. Do not flood the market - if you have thousands, that's fine just don't put all of them on the market at once. My standard practice is no more than 500 of any one blue material at a time.
  2. Also break them up into manageable chunks - again my standard practice is stacks of 100.
  3. 100 is a good number because the math of setting the price is easy.
  4. post them for the maximum time allowed (currently three days).
  5. don't post more until what you have on the GTN in fact sells

So I will post no more than five stacks of 100 each of a given blue material at any one time. And yes, sometimes they go unsold, but they will sell eventually.

Lastly, very rarely I do find GTN postings for less than what a vendor would give. In those cases, I buy off the GTN and just vendor them. The seller gets what they want AND I make a small amount of credits as well win/win.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

thirtydollars
07.23.2017 , 03:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Absolutely...the overwhelming majority of the schematics you get from the trainers (color crystals and dye modules excluded) use only blue mats. In fact, I craft a lot of blue stuff for sale on the GTN. Because they are VERY cheap to make (on the order of 5k to make) and they sell for 20k to 50k, they are very profitable (300% to 900% profit). Granted they are not high value, but I sell a LOT of them...because they are so cheap. I honestly do not know who buys them and I do not care all I know is that they sell .

That said, there is also a market for most blue materials on the GTN. Some of them, you may be surprised how valuable they are (1k to 2k each). OTOH, there are some that are barely worth more than what a NPC vendor would give you (you have to be careful and take the 6% GTN cut into account; for example grade 10 mats vendor for 165, anything below 176 a piece on the GTN and you are losing credits). But most fall somewhere in between: not high value but significantly more than what a NPC vendor would give (i.e. 250 to 500 a piece). And getting some value (credits) for those materials you are not using is better than just having them sit in your inventory.

Advice:
  1. Do not flood the market - if you have thousands, that's fine just don't put all of them on the market at once. My standard practice is no more than 500 of any one blue material at a time.
  2. Also break them up into manageable chunks - again my standard practice is stacks of 100.
  3. 100 is a good number because the math of setting the price is easy.
  4. post them for the maximum time allowed (currently three days).
  5. don't post more until what you have on the GTN in fact sells

So I will post no more than five stacks of 100 each of a given blue material at any one time. And yes, sometimes they go unsold, but they will sell eventually.

Lastly, very rarely I do find GTN postings for less than what a vendor would give. In those cases, I buy off the GTN and just vendor them. The seller gets what they want AND I make a small amount of credits as well win/win.
This post does not help me.

psandak
07.23.2017 , 06:39 PM | #4
This post does not help me.
Sorry.

I apologize I did not see the highlighted. The answer to that question is still yes there are: blue augments. But REing blue stuff for augmentation slot kit components (ASKC) is inefficient. The most efficient schematics to use for RE for ASKC are "components" (cell grafts, bonded attachments, assembly components). I still believe you are better off selling your extra blue sliced parts for credits.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

thirtydollars
07.24.2017 , 12:01 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
The most efficient schematics to use for RE for ASKC are "components" (cell grafts, bonded attachments, assembly components).
Nice. I did not know you could do this. Thanks for the tip.

Vercundus
07.24.2017 , 02:34 AM | #6
Fabricator Crystals require blue slicing mats. MK-1 requires grades 2 and 3, MK-2 grades 4 and 5, and finally, MK-3 grades 6 and 7.

Fabricator crystals are used in creating prefabs, that are currency for a lot of decorations and there is a conquest where crafting those is an objective.

Every mat has its purpose, although sometimes is not obvious nor end-game gear.
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs