Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Umbara Stronghold

MissilyMilcasia
07.24.2017 , 12:19 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
* Intro video that plays every time and requires many "skips" to bypass.
Didn't they do this one with yavin too? Aren't they going to fix it for the next update? Wasn't that what happened w Yavin?
Maxiono Lightcrest (Scoundrel Healer)
Aisthesis, The Ebon Hawk

Treeba
07.24.2017 , 05:06 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MissilyMilcasia View Post
Didn't they do this one with yavin too? Aren't they going to fix it for the next update? Wasn't that what happened w Yavin?
Yeah.

I actually prefer it to play everytime. Or would like there to be an option to play it.

SethDanny
07.25.2017 , 01:31 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
The idea has potential and I'm very interested in seeing some screenshots. That being said, I'm not expecting much after seeing Manaan.
I really just want something big on Zakuul... say a copy of Vaylin's Palace from chapter 6 would be pretty awesome.
Same. Hope this means they plan to add strongholds on a regular basis, and there is actually a chance to get Vaylin's former castle. I had great plans for it.

casirabit
07.25.2017 , 08:21 AM | #14
By the view of that planet it looks more sith/empire so I will be having one or two of my sith have this stronghold as I think it will fit better with them.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Vercundus
07.26.2017 , 12:27 AM | #15
If it gives extra 25% on conquest, I won't ask for anything else...
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

xmarcusprimex
07.26.2017 , 02:24 PM | #16
Considering all the bugs and bad design choices in the Manaan stronghold, I am NOT excited.

* Centerpiece hooks in small rooms where giant items don't really fit.

Just change your hook type to whatever you want. It's only a centerpiece hook if people leave it that way. And if you do choose to leave it as a centerpiece, there are items that do fit on it, such as the hot tub and Jedi War Table. I see this as not really an issue as you can custom it to different hooks.

Treeba
07.27.2017 , 05:54 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by xmarcusprimex View Post
Just change your hook type to whatever you want. It's only a centerpiece hook if people leave it that way. And if you do choose to leave it as a centerpiece, there are items that do fit on it, such as the hot tub and Jedi War Table. I see this as not really an issue as you can custom it to different hooks.
That's an option, but not a great one.

They don't bother to customize the hook layout options in each stronghold. The centerpiece can be broken down into the same generic layouts that every centerpiece can. The problem with that is that it doesn't give you a ton of "good" options to design a room around. The other problem is the remaining hooks in the room (not the centerpiece or it's other layouts) are clearly designed around a center piece hook in the middle. There are a lot of places you'd want to place something, but there simply isn't a hook in range.

I agree having a centerpiece hook as an option is good, but they should have customized the other hook options instead of giving you the same 3-4 alternatives. Manaan turned out to be supremely disappointing for a rather long list of reasons. I hope the train turns out a lot better.

Xina_LA
07.28.2017 , 10:24 AM | #18
If it's a train, does that mean it's yet another stronghold without a functional starship hook?
It must be a really huge train if it's going to have any centerpiece hooks or high ceiling hooks.
It won't make much sense to put fountains or decos with flame on the interior of train cars.
No mounts, especially live mounts, would belong on a moving train, especially given their exhaust animations.
A gambling area, a bar, sleeping areas, and lots of seating areas. Maybe a computer room if we have access to the front car?

I do like the idea of great scenery out of the windows.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

EHKodiak
07.28.2017 , 11:51 AM | #19
yet another stronghold without a functional starship hook?
You know Manaan has one right?

Xina_LA
07.28.2017 , 06:39 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by EHKodiak View Post
You know Manaan has one right?
I did say "functional". The Manaan hook is not a good one. You can't get to it. You can't convert it to other hook layouts, because then you can't see the hooks to click and use them. You can't see the bottom of the decoration you place in the hook.

So yes, it has one, a ridiculously poorly designed one. Even worse than the Nar Shaddaa one, which you can only reach by leaping off a taxi with rocket boots.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--