Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Umbara Stronghold

blackphantome
07.21.2017 , 03:51 PM | #1
Is it possible that BioWare tries to find new ways to live up the stronghold content in the game? I'm excited for the moving train!
I did not steal your droid.

Wintersportverein Tatooine

xmarcusprimex
07.21.2017 , 06:44 PM | #2
Do we know yet if the stronghold is the moving train, or is it the moving train is a part of the overall stronghold which will be stationary? This greatly changes in either direction what type of characters I want this as their own lair.

Treeba
07.21.2017 , 07:37 PM | #3
The idea has potential and I'm very interested in seeing some screenshots. That being said, I'm not expecting much after seeing Manaan.
I really just want something big on Zakuul... say a copy of Vaylin's Palace from chapter 6 would be pretty awesome.

Tsillah
07.22.2017 , 02:06 AM | #4
I think I'd rather they do something about hook placement and decoration rarity before adding more strongholds.

Once that's done, let the strongholds come.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

xmarcusprimex
07.22.2017 , 03:27 PM | #5
I'm fine with having a wide variety of strongholds, and not having years gap between them. We are getting 3 this year? Rock on. And yes by all means fix hooks and whatnot but do not let that stop you from releasing new strongholds.

StarChanneller
07.22.2017 , 11:15 PM | #6
Indeed. The more strongholds, the better. I'm actually beginning to wonder if this game might be resurrecting itself. If it is, I might just get fully back into it.
Want to get some items? When you click someone's referral link, SWTOR gives you stuff! Below is my referral link, and yes, I do get stuff as well if you click it. It's mutually beneficial. At least I'm honest about my ulterior motive :3
http://www.swtor.com/r/5lNVP6

Calarand
07.23.2017 , 12:45 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by xmarcusprimex View Post
Do we know yet if the stronghold is the moving train, or is it the moving train is a part of the overall stronghold which will be stationary? This greatly changes in either direction what type of characters I want this as their own lair.
From this article: http://vulkk.com/2017/07/22/swtor-5-...map-announced/

Quote:
Umbara Stronghold – This is the most unique stronghold yet, as you will be able to decorate your own moving train. You’ll need to complete the flashpoint a few times to gain access to the stronghold. Look for more details about the Stronghold in an upcoming post.
This signature does not contain a referral link.

Eshvara
07.23.2017 , 02:58 AM | #8
I'd like to know own as well if it's just a train, or I'd it's more like the Ulduar train from WoW bringing you to a location, which in this case is the SH. I'd prefer the latter.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Icestar
07.23.2017 , 04:59 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
, I'm not expecting much after seeing Manaan
I am not expecting anything with this new stronghold. I had very high hopes for the Manaan stronghold and really looked foward to a good time decorating it. Now it is deactivated and will stay that way unless they complete it.

So it is either way for me if it turns out to be good or not.

Xina_LA
07.24.2017 , 11:50 AM | #10
Considering all the bugs and bad design choices in the Manaan stronghold, I am NOT excited.

* Intro video that plays every time and requires many "skips" to bypass.
* Dozens of hooks that lose certain categories of decorations. (Unrecoverable decoration hooks.)
* Ambient Machines no longer work.
* Hooks off center or slightly rotated, preventing easy or symmetrical placement of decorations.
* Countless adjacent Small hooks that don't convert to Medium Narrow.
* Few Floor Covering (rug) or Ceiling hooks.
* Centerpiece hooks in small rooms where giant items don't really fit.
* Starship hook that can't be used if converted to other hook arrangements, so high you can't see the bottom of whatever is placed on it.
* Wall hooks placed on structures too narrow for many Banners.
* Tiny rooms that look cluttered if the stronghold is decorated to 100%.
* Very little ocean sound or visual FX. Boring, repetitive sky and water.
* Tiny viewports to a dimly lit, color-washed ocean floor.
* Frosted, wavy windows upstairs that prevent clear, scenic view of stronghold exterior.
* Elevator that forces zoning into small places, instead of a ramp or stairs.
* Irregular and rounded walls, preventing decorations from being placed neatly against walls.
* Invisible walls that prevent exploring the roof but allow drowning in the sea.
...and that's just off the top of my head.

On top of this, increasingly expensive decorations that no longer fit in 2-3 hook types.
So much for Solo stronghold play, now you'll have to grind a Flashpoint to get a new one.

Why should I be excited about another Stronghold?
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--