Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can someone help tell me what's holding back my system?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Can someone help tell me what's holding back my system?

DrumJim
12.27.2011 , 06:14 PM | #1
Okay basically, I can run the game fairly alright most of the time. The main problem is the load time. Whenever I encounter a loading screen it takes a minimum of ten minutes to actually load, often more. It spends most of it's time stuck about a quarter of the way (not frozen, the loading wheel still turns in the corner). I play with everything on lowest including resolution at 800*600, shadows off, and windowed. In the game itself I fail to get consistent framerates. I can often run about 30fps, but it comes in phases, it'll often drop to 0.5-2 fps for a few seconds. It tends to happen whenever I rotate the camera or move at all, but not all the time. Plus, it gets worse the bigger the planet I'm on. And before you blame connection, I have four bars of connection to my wireless, and four bars within the swtor client. Everything runs perfectly when I don't move. Annoying how I cant use Crossfire with it either. The client finds it impossible to close down as well, it will always stop responding and never start again, I have to force it to end the process.

TL;DR:
Load times are exceptionally long. Lag when I move. Perfectly fine internet connection. Presumptiously up to spec laptop. Can't utilise my Crossfire meaning I have a graphics card sitting around doing nothing. Can't close the client properly as it stops responding.

Can we not just get a render distance option?

Anyway, the dxdiag.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/27/2011, 23:46:23
Machine name: LAPTOPDEJIM
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version CCB.03.61.09F.20
Processor: AMD A6-3410MX APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1514MB RAM
Page File: 1481MB used, 3186MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
Spoiler