Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When are crafters gonna get some Love?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
When are crafters gonna get some Love?

psandak
07.26.2017 , 06:02 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JakRoanin View Post
Well I get annoyed that our supposed adaptive armor is not Adaptive! You can only dye it not change stats! Also, having a separate Crafters Market will prevent crafted stuff from getting swamped on the GTN.
#1 You are confusing adaptive and modable; they are not the same thing. That said crafters do have some adaptive and modable armor. FYI that non-moddable yet adaptive armor does in fact have better stats than item modifications to stick into moddable armor. An example from some time ago but it still works: I crafted a rating 86 armor set using my armormech. That armor set required level 24 to use. Item modifications of the same rating require level 36 to use.

Yes, crafting such armor can be a big investment especially if one is concerned with always having the best available. But if I can craft a set of armor and have it waiting for a level 8 character and that gear is more than acceptable to get it to level 24, then have a level 24 set that will get that character to 40, then have a level 40 set that will get that character 55, etc...that's a pretty good option. Granted the DvL XP bonus gear set makes leveling armor moot, but not everyone has that option.

#2 and what would be the enticement for buyers to come to this crafters market? Again I just don't get it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
Credits are not "winning". They just aren't.
You may not think so, but there are those out there who treat making credits like a mini-game. And I am not saying it would be P2W but it might be perceived as P2W which is just as bad if not worse.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Vercundus
07.27.2017 , 01:46 AM | #22
Currently there is more than enough armors in game that are moddable, adaptive and legacy, so crafting armors for moddability is not very good business. Won't say that it hasn't its uses, but with current leveling progress, it is diminished at best.

Crafting for cosmetic is totally different story, however, reaching a buyer can be a problem. Just crafting a whole set and posting on GTN is not expected to be a good option.

As for separate markets, well that is completely pointless since no one just wanders around GTN, people use filters and usually know what they want to buy.
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

orangenee
08.09.2017 , 05:35 PM | #23
You can always sell reasonably priced lightsaber crystals. My main does that. Mods can sell pretty well too.

It's rare I buy anything on the GTN though. Just for that one idiot on Alderaan who needs 14000 biochem things (Alliance), which is not a field I'm in. Not spending on anything just means money builds up.

It depends how much money you want as to how profitable crafting is. I'm happy with a few million.

There's the GTN "buy low, sell high" people who watch the GTN and collections and snipe accordingly when the cartel packs are discontinued. Too much of a time investment really when I could be playing the videogame instead.

Once they get around to making credits legacy wide, which should have been a thing immediately, it may have an affect on the market.

End of the day, crafting isn't for greedy people but is for people to make money. I don't even see the point in having more than el cheapo stronghold TBH. Guess people who have been around for 5 years need a credit sink. Barbie syndrome is one hell of a disease.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

psandak
08.09.2017 , 07:32 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
End of the day, crafting isn't for greedy people but is for people to make money. I don't even see the point in having more than el cheapo stronghold TBH. Guess people who have been around for 5 years need a credit sink. Barbie syndrome is one hell of a disease.
Just want to comment on this: having all six SHs fully decorated (relatively speaking) grants your legacy a 150% bonus to conquest points acquired. If you participate in conquest at all then having all the SHs decorated (even with nothing but chairs and meat trees) has a game mechanical benefit.
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Vercundus
08.10.2017 , 02:19 AM | #25
Having max number of decorated strongholds is a must for any serious crafter, as is doing conquests, if not every week, then at least 2-3 times a month.

Also, playing GTN is the game for some players.

orangenee
08.10.2017 , 03:35 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Just want to comment on this: having all six SHs fully decorated (relatively speaking) grants your legacy a 150% bonus to conquest points acquired. If you participate in conquest at all then having all the SHs decorated (even with nothing but chairs and meat trees) has a game mechanical benefit.
Fair enough then.

There's just some grinds I can't be bothered with at all, conquest being one of them. For now at least, too much effort with a Sith Marauder. Limited AOE is a killer, maybe with my ranged guys.

With regards to playing the GTN being the game, they may try a stock market/trade simulator or something. I mean if that is literally all some people do......

I will tack on a rider question to that latter part, why is it a must for crafters to have strongholds? I am a month old player so my opinions are from that perspective, so I'm willing to learn how I'm wrong. The sheer amount of mechanics is overwhelming.

Vercundus
08.10.2017 , 07:42 AM | #27
First of all, you do realize that conquest is just an umbrella over other activities in the game?

When I said must, maybe that was a bit too much, but it does have a lot of advantages. One of them being scraps, allowing to quickly gain mats instead of gathering (huge time saver) or buying on GTN if available (money saver).

Purple scraps are specially useful, since purple mats are result of a crit, and therefore not a guaranteed return of the mission. Purple mats are needed for almost every good selling product.

Conquest also rewards mats required for crafting relics, implants and earpieces that sell reasonably well.

As for playing GTN, well, I suggest to hold off your suggesting to other players what should and shouldn't they do with the game they pay for to play

orangenee
08.11.2017 , 05:52 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Vercundus View Post
First of all, you do realize that conquest is just an umbrella over other activities in the game?

When I said must, maybe that was a bit too much, but it does have a lot of advantages. One of them being scraps, allowing to quickly gain mats instead of gathering (huge time saver) or buying on GTN if available (money saver).

Purple scraps are specially useful, since purple mats are result of a crit, and therefore not a guaranteed return of the mission. Purple mats are needed for almost every good selling product.

Conquest also rewards mats required for crafting relics, implants and earpieces that sell reasonably well.

As for playing GTN, well, I suggest to hold off your suggesting to other players what should and shouldn't they do with the game they pay for to play
I know it's an umbrella. It's an umbrella of things I can't - or indeed- won't do. Ops are right out, computer can barely deal with Zakuul, dailies is I have to be in the mood to do them. Crafting the various supplies, **** that. Some grinds I just will not do. Once I get geared up more I will do Master FPs.

Purple mats are easily dealt with, high influence companions. That and you sell the surplus normal stuff, which you get plenty of. Once I have all the characters i can mass produce stuff.

Playing GTN is literally a waste of time, if they put all that energy into real life money making. They'd have something tangible to show for it. Paying 9 quid a month (or 15 bucks or whatever) just to sit in front of a GTN terminal all day seems like a waste is all. Granted it could well be a RL/VG life crossover. I will concede it was a little harsh but there's far better options if you want to play Donald Trump simulator.

Most of my gripes come from lack of patience, which given one of my former professions is somewhat ironic. C

psandak
08.12.2017 , 08:05 AM | #29
Playing GTN is literally a waste of time, if they put all that energy into real life money making. They'd have something tangible to show for it. Paying 9 quid a month (or 15 bucks or whatever) just to sit in front of a GTN terminal all day seems like a waste is all. Granted it could well be a RL/VG life crossover. I will concede it was a little harsh but there's far better options if you want to play Donald Trump simulator.
What energy? I spend a grand total of 4 hours a week "playing the GTN" (25 minutes ten times a week; 5 to 7 mornings and 3 to 5 evenings). Are you saying I can work four hours a week and make millions of dollars (and not risk losing anything)? Tell me your secret! I WISH I could do what I do in MMO economies in real life, but I know it is not possible:

MMO - materials are infinite, stuff to sell or make stuff from just springs from the aether and no matter how many I (and others) have there will always be more.
Real Life - materials are finite, one has to in fact BUY stuff to turn around and SELL. And once a material is gone, it is gone forever.

MMO - what I create/acquire WILL sell eventually and it costs me nothing to be patient
Real Life - there are no guarantee anything I produce will sell and I would have to sell it quickly.

Vercundus
08.14.2017 , 01:24 AM | #30
I know it's an umbrella. It's an umbrella of things I can't - or indeed- won't do. Ops are right out, computer can barely deal with Zakuul, dailies is I have to be in the mood to do them. Crafting the various supplies, **** that. Some grinds I just will not do. Once I get geared up more I will do Master FPs.

Purple mats are easily dealt with, high influence companions. That and you sell the surplus normal stuff, which you get plenty of. Once I have all the characters i can mass produce stuff.

Most of my gripes come from lack of patience, which given one of my former professions is somewhat ironic. C
So, if you do not want to do something, everyone else shouldn't as well? My advice, play what you like and leave other people to play what they like.