Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When are crafters gonna get some Love?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
When are crafters gonna get some Love?

supertimtaf
07.20.2017 , 04:10 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JakRoanin View Post
Titles no. Decos? YES!
I wonder how much you would have to spend on component to make Bronte's statue.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

JakRoanin
07.20.2017 , 08:11 AM | #12
Don't care, I ADORE crafting!

Mithros
07.24.2017 , 01:30 PM | #13
I remember way back when, on whatever planet, finding a drop "<prefix> Naval Blaster".

It was a stage between this blaster and this blaster in terms of how "built up" it was.

With weapons not being a part of the outfit designer, those I am particularly in favor of getting more and more custom schematics.

The reason I remember that particular blaster is that I am a Navy vet myself, so those blasters just struck a particular chord with me.

I would love to see them bring in all of the "lost" schematics so long as they were not promised as exclusives.

No ranked PvP stuff, no blasters that look like Nico Okarr's (even though I think that armormechs can pretty much craft a lookalike of his duster, or at least something very similar), etc.

But those other things?

I, and others, have even suggested monetizing them. Sell schematic packs in the GTN for crafters that want to expand their selection of wares.
Free stuff (for you and me)! My referral link.

Beta Squadron 157. The pixel lives on in our hearts.

psandak
07.24.2017 , 05:52 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
I, and others, have even suggested monetizing them. Sell schematic packs in the GTN for crafters that want to expand their selection of wares.
I assume you mean the CM not the GTN. And in that case, why sell the schematics when they can sell the items and make more money? If they are truly desirable they will sell a lot more individual items and unlocks than schematics.

Furthermore, it would put crafting dangerously close to P2W; "want to make millions of credits using crafting, use CCs to acquire schematics X, Y, and Z." It would put those who do not pay at a disadvantage in that aspect of the game; too many players would feel obligated to pay for the those schematics.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Vercundus
07.25.2017 , 02:12 AM | #15
Due to inflation and availability of many things on GTN, I think players are less and less involved in crafting. Which is good for us crafters, but bad for the game.

So many players would rather buy a crate and sell those on GTN than craft something and sell. People are not patient, they do not want to invest in companions, gather mats, craft many stuff for profit over time.
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

JakRoanin
07.25.2017 , 09:49 AM | #16
Why not create a separate selling system for crafters and turn all crafted stuff Orange? That could help us.

psandak
07.25.2017 , 07:05 PM | #17
Why not create a separate selling system for crafters and turn all crafted stuff Orange? That could help us.
Maybe I am just dense, but what would that accomplish?
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

SilverStarSeaker
07.26.2017 , 02:17 AM | #18
Titles no. Decos? YES!
Ahhh crafting. The hardest part of the game. Most deserving of receiving all end game deco rewards.

JakRoanin
07.26.2017 , 08:44 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Maybe I am just dense, but what would that accomplish?
Well I get annoyed that our supposed adaptive armor is not Adaptive! You can only dye it not change stats! Also, having a separate Crafters Market will prevent crafted stuff from getting swamped on the GTN.

Mithros
07.26.2017 , 12:35 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I assume you mean the CM not the GTN. And in that case, why sell the schematics when they can sell the items and make more money? If they are truly desirable they will sell a lot more individual items and unlocks than schematics.

Furthermore, it would put crafting dangerously close to P2W; "want to make millions of credits using crafting, use CCs to acquire schematics X, Y, and Z." It would put those who do not pay at a disadvantage in that aspect of the game; too many players would feel obligated to pay for the those schematics.
Yes, I meant the CM, and it's no more P2W than any crafters with old schematics have.

First of all, it's only credits. It's not like they are particularly hard to come by. It's not like I can't spend CCs on packs or unlocks or whatever and sell those things to make credits.

Someone wants to buy then then they buy them. Not like they will be the only player that does so. Not like they will be the only one selling their stuff.

I have an armstech that has some now-unavailable schematics.
Are you saying that they are more powerful than an armstech that does not have those schematics?

Credits are not "winning". They just aren't.
Free stuff (for you and me)! My referral link.

Beta Squadron 157. The pixel lives on in our hearts.