Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When are crafters gonna get some Love?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
When are crafters gonna get some Love?

Kazjan
07.18.2017 , 12:37 PM | #1
I think it time for crafters to get some love! I mean i like the changes to classes and story and operations but don't forget about us! Can we get a system overhaul cause we need it. I think perhaps some new crafting schematics that are better than those set that can be found in the CM. CM has stolen all our customers and we want them back
"Real living is living for others."
Knights of Sokan
Casual Jedi RP/PvP guild
SWTOR Guild HQ

Eragon_Argetlam
07.18.2017 , 05:46 PM | #2
While i like the idea of content being added for crafters (speeders for cybertech, armor sets for synth/armorm, etc) i do not see crafted items being of better quality than CM items, ever, unfortunately.
Darv'khan 70 PT - Ze'giggles 70 Op - Dæsha 70 Sorc - Vræna 70 Sniper - Pærvus 70 Jugg - Xenætra 70 Merc
Kintik'qorit 70 Assassin - Tsawak'iv'xela 70 Mara - Aerandyl 70 Sage
My Harvesting Skills Guide 1-500

psandak
07.18.2017 , 07:23 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazjan View Post
I think it time for crafters to get some love! I mean i like the changes to classes and story and operations but don't forget about us! Can we get a system overhaul cause we need it. I think perhaps some new crafting schematics that are better than those set that can be found in the CM. CM has stolen all our customers and we want them back
FYI, there was an overhaul in 4.0.
  • They revamped trained schematics: used to be green now blue
  • They improved the RE path: from 1 green to 3 blue to 2-5 purple down to 1 blue to 1 purple
  • They improved the RE chance from 20% to 60% or 100% (depending on what you RE)
  • They made it a LOT easier to level a crafting skill...just craft components

If you are looking for profits...
short answer: you are doing it wrong.

long answer: if you are looking to make money from crew skills, you need to be more open to crafting a wider range of items: "make credits not stuff" just because YOU do not like/want something does not mean that NO ONE does (that said be aware that sometimes your instinct is right ). For example: on my artifice I craft roughly 10 distinct colors of color crystals in three different stats...that's 30 distinct crystals. Now some do sell faster than others, so I only craft one at a time of a given color/stat combo, and I only craft new ones when I sell them.

Furthermore, just because something is common does not mean it is not profitable. example: augments. There are literally tens of pages of alacrity and critical augments on the GTN. Yet, I rarely get them back as unsold when I post them. I do not severely undercut either. The demand is simply so high that they will ALWAYS sell. In fact, I frequently sell them within minutes of posting.

Lastly, do not focus ALL your efforts on top end stuff. All ratings are desirable. I regularly craft 228 purple mods and I easily double my investment.

for more details read my "crew skills money making" guide in my signature. I regularly rake in 20 million credits a week investing 4 hrs in that week to crew skills. If I really work it - put in 6+ hrs - I make 50 million.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Vercundus
07.19.2017 , 01:01 AM | #4
What I would like to see are favorite schematics or missions. We are getting tons of them as it is, and it takes considerable amount of time to find something, specially with lower tiers.

Also, removing older useless schematics, or moving them to Archive would be appreciated.
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

psandak
07.19.2017 , 06:39 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Vercundus View Post
What I would like to see are favorite schematics or missions. We are getting tons of them as it is, and it takes considerable amount of time to find something, specially with lower tiers.

Also, removing older useless schematics, or moving them to Archive would be appreciated.
I agree a crafting interface overhaul would be nice:
  • allow us to filter not just sort and/or give us a search option (did it for decos )
  • retain organization settings (i.e. if I sort by rating I do not want to have to sort by rating EVERY time I open the window)
  • give us a "favorites" category where either we can drag and drop or where the system recognizes that a given character crafts specific items or runs specific missions a lot.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Glocko
07.19.2017 , 02:47 PM | #6
The end of crafting came with the no gear for companions..... Why...........

supertimtaf
07.19.2017 , 03:46 PM | #7
Well, some more crafting recipes would do some good. I'm not especially talking about "stats" or things like 246 gear. I'm more talking about things like Color Crystal or Dye Module. Besides, there is no Cybertech grenades that requires rank 10 component, this is pretty bothersome since you have to send your partners recolt both grade 9 an 10 component (Requires twice as much time to take materials you may need, since you cannot send more than 8 partners at a time). I don't see why though, you have grade 10 stims and everything, why no grade 10 grenades ?

Furthermore, I would love to be able to learn the schematics for color crystal that you can find "naturally" in the game (Not CM crystals). I'm thinking about the Black/Purple or every other color that the PvP merchant sell for example.

And... More "coherent" Dye Module would do some good too. I've got nothing against some Blue/Orange set, it's perfect if you wanna make something like a... pokemon cosplay (or whatever you're into), but more "practical" color set could be interesting too

That's about the only things I have to say, since I haven't used much of the others crafting spec. :x But I think it would be a good start to something more interesting and rewarding for crafters to have some of these features implemented in future updates.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

JakRoanin
07.19.2017 , 04:00 PM | #8
Here's a really simple idea, MAKE EVERY Item NOT on the CM Craft-able! Come on guys!

supertimtaf
07.19.2017 , 05:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JakRoanin View Post
Here's a really simple idea, MAKE EVERY Item NOT on the CM Craft-able! Come on guys!
Does that includes titles, previous ranked reward and Stronghold decoration ?
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

JakRoanin
07.19.2017 , 06:51 PM | #10
Titles no. Decos? YES!