Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Scions

notanjelika
07.20.2017 , 02:20 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by PowerJediRanger View Post
I never trusted them even after what Haskal did. To me they are like a fanatical group that uses the force for their own reasons.
That's exactly my opinion too. They give vague answers like " a lot of people are going to suffer or die" and "victory will come at a great cost". Boo-hoo, Captain Obvious, this is a war, of course there will be casualties and sacrifices to be made! And about Arcann.. Jedi say "whatever lives dies eventually". Arcann is not immortal, not invincible, he is a very powerful force user that can die like Malgus & Marr did. Therefore, i don't need a bunch of looney tunes to tell me i can defeat him.
Please bring back Jaesa Willsaam

SteveTheCynic
07.20.2017 , 03:08 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by notanjelika View Post
Therefore, i don't need a bunch of looney tunes to tell me i can defeat him.
No, but you do, perhaps, benefit from them telling you that *you* can defeat him. (Rather than a rock falling from space when he's in the throne room and smashing it into smithereens.)

Or, to put it another way: "He can die." and "You will defeat him." are different things. The fulfilment of The Exalted's Zildrog prophecy would probably end in (or include) Arcann's death, but it wouldn't be you defeating him.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

FlameYOL
07.20.2017 , 06:07 AM | #13
Well here's my thoughts on The Scions, might contain spoilers
Spoiler
a man can have anything if he's willing to sacrifice everything

Paulsutherland
07.20.2017 , 07:21 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
Well here's my thoughts on The Scions, might contain spoilers
Spoiler
Agreed. They're up to their own game while the rest of us kill each other.

IoNonSoEVero
07.20.2017 , 12:14 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
Agreed. They're up to their own game while the rest of us kill each other.
Co-signing this. They have their own agenda and no moral quandaries about how it affects others.

notanjelika
07.21.2017 , 03:55 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
Jedi can see possible future events as small glimpses but not know when they will happen. so it's entirely possible there are force users out there that spent their entire lives training that part of their connection to the force to jam a door wedge in the small crack to widen it and learn more about a possible future after taking the wedge out and dealing with a constant flow of future events.

A force user can not know for certain but the scions make a big deal about knowing a persons fate by testing them, but not even they can know for certain and even in their certainty they are certainly unwilling to be specific about it or elaborate further but only that they know it will happen.

The trouble with Heskal is that be believed the idea so much he willing allowed himself to be killed because he "knew" he was going to die. at what point is he certain he knows he is going to die or is he so eagar to jump on that sword just to make it so and prove his vision and thus proving it's also false because that is what he stated rather than being the truth?

in any event, take what the scions say with buckets of salt over the shoulder, heck even diggers pouring it over the shoulder!
One more thing: The Scions focused on Arcann, even if he wasn't the main enemy, but Vaylin. They never mentioned her, why?

LeelaSeventen
07.21.2017 , 04:11 PM | #17
They didn't see her as a threat perhaps. She wasn't a big deal untill much later in the story.

Or they could be sexist and think a female wouldn't be capable.

Or they have no clue what they are talking about and making it up as they go along.

Paulsutherland
07.21.2017 , 04:16 PM | #18
The one on Iokath says something about them avoiding Vaylin's Horizen Guard. It's possible they kept hunting them after Arcann fell.

OldVengeance
07.21.2017 , 04:23 PM | #19
Heskal did insist that Vaylin must die back in Chapter 6 of Kotfe.

notanjelika
07.21.2017 , 04:25 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
Heskal did insist that Vaylin must die back in Chapter 6 of Kotfe.
I need to play that chapter again, cause i don't remember them mentioning Vaylin at all