Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Scions

notanjelika
07.18.2017 , 01:25 AM | #1
Hi, i just reached the chapter "Anarchy in Paradise" on a jedi consular. When looking back, i really don't see why i need the Scions, they acted pretty looney tunes if you ask me. First, i got the impression Heskal really really hates me, what's not to hate about a powerful force sensitive from another Order? Then why the did he called Arcann on Asylum? Then the destiny thing, i don't believe in it, Jedi don't rely on prophecies,visions and mumbo-jumbo stuff. Why can't i just kill them and get over with it at once?
Please bring back Jaesa Willsaam

SteveTheCynic
07.18.2017 , 02:45 AM | #2
You might want to review that thing about Jedi not believing in prophecies...

Wasn't there some sort of mention of a "Chosen One" or something like that in Episode 1 and 2?
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

OldVengeance
07.18.2017 , 02:47 AM | #3
I think the implication was that he wanted to cause the Battle of Asylum so the galaxy would see that Arcann could be defied and so the Alliance would be born.

notanjelika
07.18.2017 , 03:58 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
I think the implication was that he wanted to cause the Battle of Asylum so the galaxy would see that Arcann could be defied and so the Alliance would be born.
You might be right, but i still don't like the Scions and don't really understand their purpose.

Paulsutherland
07.18.2017 , 04:21 AM | #5
Yeah, I don't really trust these guys either. They play by their own rules to make sure their visions become a reality.

IoNonSoEVero
07.18.2017 , 06:37 AM | #6
I am not a fan of the Scions either. They do whatever they feel is "predestined" no matter how much it might harm others. They pretty much ended up destroying Asylum with their actions, and that was fine with them because it was "destiny." I had no interest in allying with them.

My respect and trust for Senya completely dried up the moment she hoodwinked my character into that 'trial' and harmed HK, too.

notanjelika
07.18.2017 , 07:15 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I am not a fan of the Scions either. They do whatever they feel is "predestined" no matter how much it might harm others. They pretty much ended up destroying Asylum with their actions, and that was fine with them because it was "destiny." I had no interest in allying with them.

My respect and trust for Senya completely dried up the moment she hoodwinked my character into that 'trial' and harmed HK, too.
Nothing was "predestined" for my character, she had a choice since the beginning, for example to shield or kill Yuon Parr and the other Masters.
About HK-55.. because of the Scions he was destroyed and i'll never see him again, with such "allies" as them why do i even need enemies

IoNonSoEVero
07.18.2017 , 07:25 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by notanjelika View Post
Nothing was "predestined" for my character, she had a choice since the beginning, for example to shield or kill Yuon Parr and the other Masters.
About HK-55.. because of the Scions he was destroyed and i'll never see him again, with such "allies" as them why do i even need enemies
Oh yes, the destruction of HK-55 is enough reason for my character to loathe the Scions forever, even without the rest of it.

Celise
07.19.2017 , 12:16 PM | #9
Jedi can see possible future events as small glimpses but not know when they will happen. so it's entirely possible there are force users out there that spent their entire lives training that part of their connection to the force to jam a door wedge in the small crack to widen it and learn more about a possible future after taking the wedge out and dealing with a constant flow of future events.

A force user can not know for certain but the scions make a big deal about knowing a persons fate by testing them, but not even they can know for certain and even in their certainty they are certainly unwilling to be specific about it or elaborate further but only that they know it will happen.

The trouble with Heskal is that be believed the idea so much he willing allowed himself to be killed because he "knew" he was going to die. at what point is he certain he knows he is going to die or is he so eagar to jump on that sword just to make it so and prove his vision and thus proving it's also false because that is what he stated rather than being the truth?

in any event, take what the scions say with buckets of salt over the shoulder, heck even diggers pouring it over the shoulder!

PowerJediRanger
07.19.2017 , 10:11 PM | #10
I never trusted them even after what Haskal did. To me they are like a fanatical group that uses the force for their own reasons.
"Do or do not, there is no try."