Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Class Story?

orangenee
08.15.2017 , 10:12 AM | #11
Trooper is OK, though I like having super high influence companions on the light side which means many gifts for less popular toons, it's kind of a bit too "REPUBLIC SUPERHERO!!!" for my liking. Just started chapter 3, which I imagine will be leading to the most tedious planets in the galaxy.

Sith Warrior kind of tailed off. Build up, here's Baras! Bye, enjoy Makeb!

I've got to chapter 3 of BH and it's not seemed overly cohesive or interesting throughout.......that and I'm on Belsavis with a trip to ******* Corellia after that I expect. At least I don't feel compelled to repeat the gosh darn planetaries this time.

I'm saving agent for later, apparently that one is the best.

Inquisitor is next. Can't make up my mind whether to do Sin or Sorc though. All i know is it will be Togruta, seeing as I spent 600 coins I didn't actually pay for on it.

I imagine the Jedi will be frightfully dull, Jedi always are.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

jaklam
08.24.2017 , 12:12 PM | #12
BESTEST of the best class stories is the Imperial Agent. Its a great story line. Love the Voss interaction.

__________________________________________________ _____

Click link for free 7 day subscription & receive 500 cartel points
http://www.swtor.com/r/PjG 4vB

Suzsi
08.25.2017 , 12:09 AM | #13
Agent in my opinion is by far the best..

Although contrary to many I also enjoyed the consular story for the fact that it was different.. just if you play a female don't bother romancing Iresso wait for Theron or someone.... Iresso is pretty boring a romance and too rushed no build up at all given you dont get him till very late in the story.

To me Sith War and Jedi Knight was just kill this Sith or this Jedi over and over again. Sure there was more to it then that but it also got old fast.

The Bh story wasn't bad.. the Smuggler story was meh to me.. it was okayish but not great. Didn't really hold my attention.

Inquisitor wasn't bad.

orangenee
08.25.2017 , 04:29 AM | #14
I hear DS Consular is hilarious for the wrong reasons.

"Yo, I just killed thousands of people and I totally did it on purpose!"

"You did? Good for you, here's a promotion!"

That sort of thing.

xordevoreaux
08.26.2017 , 10:58 AM | #15
Agent. Can't walk 50 paces without tripping over a mattress. Has the most romance/flirt opportunities.

Spoiler
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Swingkittie
08.26.2017 , 11:05 AM | #16
Imperial Agent

Best story line and ties in with other class stories. I loved it.

2nd choice for me was Jedi Knight.
Spoiler
It was a fun class to play.
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

MayhemofChaonus
08.26.2017 , 12:37 PM | #17
In order of ranking:

1. Imp Agent - Already been said a million times. Mostly comes down to phenomenal writing
2. Sith Inq - Sort of personal but enjoy the politics/power games, snarky comments/funny jokes, pretending to be crazy, and learning the secrets of the Dark Side. For me Inq was just the absolute best because of these things (besides agent which is just spectacular even if you don't like the class itself or the story premise)
3. Sith War - Sort of boring but its basically a good power trip. Plus if you like fighting lightsaber-wielding foes I think this stry gives you to most besides JK and is slightly better/more fun than JK.
4. Jedi Con - Kinda like Sith Inq but less politics and more Force stuff, only its LS sort of Force stuff rather than DS which is more fun.
"The weak will always be victims. That is the way of the universe. The strong take what they want, and the weak suffer at their hands. That is their fate; it is inevitable. Only the strong survive, because only the strong deserve to" - Darth Bane
May the Force forsake you

orangenee
08.27.2017 , 09:53 AM | #18
I have to say the male Inquisitor VA (Euan Norton) nailed it, especially with the snarky lines.

One criticism however, "Murder and mayhem await" should not be the line delivered every time I pick the third option on the yakking wheel.

Mindelmatrix
08.31.2017 , 10:13 AM | #19
I think all the classes have something good in them, but here's my personal preference:
Inquisitor>Warrior>Agent>Smuggler>Hunter>Knight>Tr ooper>Consular

The Inquisitor has a great 'rags to riches story'. Nothing like someone telling you you're nothing and won't amount to anything; and then proving them incredibly wrong. The drawback is the companions are not very unique or fun.

The Warrior had a good story, and better companions, though the middle is a little slow. *Both Sith classes have Sith final bosses, which I think could've been changed.

Agent has the benefit of the multiple endings many players love. Some companions are a little unlikeable, and it's more reminiscent of a spy movie than a Star Wars universe.

Smuggler has the best (humorous) dialogue, and I can easily remember all the companions of this class. But the middle act definitely slows things to a crawl and the final act isn't much better until Corellia.

Hunter has a great first act, and at least two good companions. It lacks a lot in the middle, and there are two companions who are recruited for no good reasons, with one that was a target (he should've been a rival hunter instead), and a dumb lug who just says he's joining and that's it.

The Knight has a classic Star Wars feel to it, so good for first time players. Also has potential for RPing with Dark choices, and some good companions, though one is not not very note worthy. A draw back is that Jedi classes could appear to be dull or preachy if you dedicate to the light path.

Trooper is a class I enjoy RPing without regards to Light and Dark choices. Some of the toughest decisions are in the Trooper's story. And at least three companions are cool, one not so cool, and one forgettable. The problem is a lack of action=consequence. After a scene, you don't really receive a callback of your choices in future.

Consular really picks up by the third chapter. Unfortunately, even that is based on personal preference. It is great in the ways of lore, but it is pretty dull and the companions are nothing really note worthy.

Anyways, those are my thoughts on the stories. Hope it helps.
Friend referral for extra few days sub: http://www.swtor.com/r/72MTpQ

"I am not cute. I am deadly"

SteveTheCynic
08.31.2017 , 02:41 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
Agent. Can't walk 50 paces without tripping over a mattress. Has the most romance/flirt opportunities.

Spoiler
More to the point, it has the earliest snog in a companion story - a male agent gets to have casual sex with Kaliyo very early in the story - AND by far the earliest NPC snog in any class story.

It happens on *HUTTA* ffs.
Spoiler
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.