Female cathar are STILL bugged after 5.3

Jagaimee

5.6 is here, and this is still not fixed.

When creating a Cathar, the fur color 3 option will now be consistent regardless of what Cathar head is chosen.

...actually, no, it hasn't. Not for previously-created cathar, at least. Now *nothing* is working correctly for previously-created cathar: the fur colors across *all* heads and *all* colors are noticeably wrong.

There's still a noticeable orange tint to every brown fur color and every gray/white/black fur color has a bluish tint to the head (except perhaps fur color #7). The fur color should be the color present on the body, not the odd color on the head.

Fur color #1

Fur color #2

Fur color #3

Fur color #4

Fur color #5

Fur color #6

Fur color #7 - this one doesn't seem to be too bad, actually - there's still a visible "seam" where the neck meets the torso, but the colors themselves seem to match fairly well.

Fur color #8

Fur color #9

Fur color #10 - this one is less noticeable, but there is still a bluish tint to the head that isn't present on the body.

Any chance of a fix to restore the proper colors? They should be the color of the body all over, not the color of the (current bugged) head. I know this isn't "working as intended," because previous to 5.0, my cathar (fur color #1 on the list here) had the medium brown on her face that was on her body. Other people have posted screenshots of their female cathar with noticeable discolorations, as well.

Edited by Jagaimee

Is there anyone I can send a PM to, to alert them of this? Would Keith or Eric pass it on to the other developers? I don't want to annoy them, but I also don't want to have to keep bumping up this thread to the front page...that'd be just as annoying. :p

I left behind my Cathar character when this annoying bug first surfaced and it is rather infuriating to go back to it to find that it has only become worse when it was supposedly fixed. Hopefully this should make it more of a priority issue, especially since the Appearance Option pack has put the species back in the spotlight.

• Dev Post
Is there anyone I can send a PM to, to alert them of this? Would Keith or Eric pass it on to the other developers? I don't want to annoy them, but I also don't want to have to keep bumping up this thread to the front page...that'd be just as annoying. :p

No need to PM us, or bump the thread! Posting here in bug reports is the correct thing to do (we don't respond to every thread). I have sent this additional info on to the team, thanks for the report.

-eric

No need to PM us, or bump the thread! Posting here in bug reports is the correct thing to do (we don't respond to every thread). I have sent this additional info on to the team, thanks for the report.

-eric

Oh, my gosh, thank you so much!! :D I was just worried the thread would get lost in the other bug reports threads, but thank you for responding - that's a huge relief.

Again, thank you! :D

As stated, devs do not respond to every post but would it be too much to ask that bugs reported get added to the Known Issues list so that players know that Devs are aware of the issues reported even if they may not immediately get to resolving them.

A game of this nature is always going to be laden with bugs, some big some small, but if we, as paying players, are expected to pay and play with the bugs still in place it would be nice to have some measure of courtesy in return by having the reported bugs acknowledged in this way. It would help prevent multiple reportings and posts.

Its a two way street - the bugs get reported in the hope that fixing them makes the game better and as a consequence you would expect to attract more players. Its the players "job" to play the game - its the devs job to make it playable!

Love this "broken and battered" old game and hope my post is taken in constructive manner in which it is intended.

As stated, devs do not respond to every post but would it be too much to ask that bugs reported get added to the Known Issues list so that players know that Devs are aware of the issues reported even if they may not immediately get to resolving them.

A game of this nature is always going to be laden with bugs, some big some small, but if we, as paying players, are expected to pay and play with the bugs still in place it would be nice to have some measure of courtesy in return by having the reported bugs acknowledged in this way. It would help prevent multiple reportings and posts.

Its a two way street - the bugs get reported in the hope that fixing them makes the game better and as a consequence you would expect to attract more players. Its the players "job" to play the game - its the devs job to make it playable!

Love this "broken and battered" old game and hope my post is taken in constructive manner in which it is intended.

I totally agree with this, Hillerbees! Having someone update the known issues thread with a lot of the reported bugs would, I think make a lot of players feel like the dev's are acknowledging their reports. I know, I would! Maybe Eric or Keith could start the thread, and players could post in it, and get the bugs out there? :)

Hear, hear!

• 1 month later...

-eric

Well...another patch, and still no fix. :(

I was faintly hoping the fix might have slipped in under the ptach notes radar, but... no luck. 5.4, and the bug is still present.

There goes another month or more of not playing my cathar characters.

BioWare, please...it's been eight months since 5.0 went live and this jarring bug happened. You said that you sent a report on to the dev team. What happened to that? :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just like countless other things, this will not get fixed.

I'm starting to feel stupid for even hoping.

5.6 now. Still not fixed. It has been nearly an entire year. What should I do, create multiple threads all over the forums like the shiny eyes bug? That would be spam. >_<

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...