Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5.3: Lana Beniko has new head sculpt w/o "Traditional Armor" customization. Intended?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
5.3: Lana Beniko has new head sculpt w/o "Traditional Armor" customization. Intended?

BenKatarn
07.11.2017 , 11:16 AM | #1
https://abload.de/img/lanamakeovervqbcu.png

With today's patch Lana Beniko has become customizable. That however only works when the newly pre-installed "Traditional Armor" customization is removed. Said customization keeps her by now well-known 4.0 appearance up. When the customization is removed however, she gets a completely new head sculpt.

Is it intentional that this is exclusive to her customizable appearance? At first I thought it was supposed to be an update to her original pre-4.0 look, but that model is still the same.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

WorldSmasher
07.11.2017 , 11:44 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
https://abload.de/img/lanamakeovervqbcu.png

With today's patch Lana Beniko has become customizable. That however only works when the newly pre-installed "Traditional Armor" customization is removed. Said customization keeps her by now well-known 4.0 appearance up. When the customization is removed however, she gets a completely new head sculpt.

Is it intentional that this is exclusive to her customizable appearance? At first I thought it was supposed to be an update to her original pre-4.0 look, but that model is still the same.
Could it be that they gave her the updated look as the default choice, but gave everyone a customization that reverts to her old look in case players didn't like the new look?

I like the new look. I like what they did with her hair. Her eyes really look more dark side-ish, now.

Ralei
07.11.2017 , 12:05 PM | #3
hmm I actually don't like the hair. I liked how it faded darker at the bottom on the old model and this new one is too helmet hair.

Eshvara
07.11.2017 , 12:21 PM | #4
I guess they could not work with the existing bodies of Lana and Koth as they have their armors baked on their bodies, which is why you can't dress them. I guess they gave her a default body and maybe a head they tried to remake as best they could! Koth has the same issue as well. When you change is customisation, he suddenly drops the chunky boots, baggy pants and thicker body for the default male 2 body. I'm pretty sure this will happen to Senya as well and I don't think there's much they can do about it. kind of a bummer, but I'm happy I never had much interest in either of these characters so I'm not really upset.
I don't think they'll ever work with Arcann's body after having seen this. But i'll be alright as long as we get all the customisations he has ever had. Pro tip for BW!
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

LtGeneralGezlin
07.11.2017 , 12:30 PM | #5
Part of me hopes this is a bug and the looks got switched around. Her non customization looks like her Forged Alliances/Shadow of Revan look, which would fit the "Traditional" idea, while the no customization look is what we had before today. Not that I don't like it, It'll take a bit of getting used to.

Of course, for all I know I'm wrong, and this intended...
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.

commanderwar
07.11.2017 , 12:59 PM | #6
I prefer her KOTET appearance more than SOR appearance
here's my refer a friend link
http://www.swtor.com/r/QWYrwx

TUXs
07.11.2017 , 01:01 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by commanderwar View Post
I prefer her KOTET appearance more than SOR appearance
Likewise.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Sportiva
07.11.2017 , 01:12 PM | #8
Instantly popped into my mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFeUrC2gR30
Master Jaice Jenod Guardian | Velo Jenx Gunslinger | Master Gira Jenx Sage | Major Jaxen Jenod Vanguard
Saena Jenod Mercenary | Dulymus Jenod Operative | Darth Scoura Assassin | Darth Zetara Marauder

WorldSmasher
07.11.2017 , 02:18 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
Instantly popped into my mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFeUrC2gR30
Good one. LOL

Typhaos
07.11.2017 , 02:45 PM | #10
Lana with customization looks older, has sad and anorectic face, looks tired but has more natural skin color and the hair is more polished.
Lana without customization looks pale but younger and I think I prefer this look.