Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do people hate Quinn?

IoNonSoEVero
09.16.2017 , 09:54 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
While I will agree that both have betrayed me and nope not romancing him but are the ones that want to romance Arcann any different than the ones that wanted to romance Valiyn?
No. I don't think they are different actually...it is still outside my comprehension. I am not judging the people who do this, just saying I truly don't get it and think it is screwed up.

IoNonSoEVero
09.16.2017 , 09:55 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
This is even worse, too. Quinn is just a sociopath, but Arcann goes above and beyond that. He's personally responsible for the deaths of hundreds of trillions of people across the Galaxy. He is, fictionally, literally the worst perpetrator of genocide ever.

And yet SOMEHOW, loads of people want him to stick his "lightsaber" in them.
To be honest I don't even get how people keep him around in the game for these reasons, much less want to shag him. No matter what Arcann and Quinn always will die in my game.

Eshvara
09.16.2017 , 11:08 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
This is even worse, too. Quinn is just a sociopath, but Arcann goes above and beyond that. He's personally responsible for the deaths of hundreds of trillions of people across the Galaxy. He is, fictionally, literally the worst perpetrator of genocide ever.

And yet SOMEHOW, loads of people want him to stick his "lightsaber" in them.
My Sith wishes she could have dark side Arcann and rampage the universe together.
But nah! The edgelord just doesn't extend to that level.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

Asmodesu
09.17.2017 , 03:18 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
My Sith wishes she could have dark side Arcann and rampage the universe together.
But nah! The edgelord just doesn't extend to that level.
This is just it, some people's characters probably have kill counts rivaling Arcann's lol

I know it's hard for some people to figure out how to separate the player from their characters, but in my case: character-me and player-me are completely different things, morals, goals and personalities.
I have 8 of the things *pokes them with a stick* I have a Sith Warrior who would happily get with Arcann for what and who he is, after she (headcanon alert ding ding) figures out if vitiate being her dad puts them too close to half-sibling-kinda status or not. (her family was decided by me years ago, bit of a shock when kotfe got released to be sure lmao)
I have a jedi knight who gave him a chance to start atoning for his actions, she's a good jedi and would never get attached to him past being a guide and mentor.. and a Sith Inquisitor that put him down like a dog, she wasn't having any challengers to her "I'm the new insane murderous tyrant here!" rulership. My agent is completely infatuated and she doesn't even know why herself she knows it's not a good idea but that doesn't stop her feelings, the rest are a mix.
___

Same with Quinn, who the thread is meant to be about. Some forgive, some don't. My sith warrior did not during the actual event/situation thing, but she could not kill him there, and on Iokath she decided a murder for that reason only almost what 9 or so years after it happened was just far too stupid even for a sith, so he got recruited, he'd already spent 6 years in prison or about that, served his time in her eyes so he got a chance at a new leaf.

People can dislike which characters they want, and pick stuff they like. This is fiction, not real. Big difference.
Always a Theron fan!
Member of the Order of Zildrog - Theron Protection Agency
Safaia - a melodramatic sith, Revanite and Wrath

Eshvara
09.17.2017 , 05:25 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodesu View Post
This is just it, some people's characters probably have kill counts rivaling Arcann's lol

I know it's hard for some people to figure out how to separate the player from their characters, but in my case: character-me and player-me are completely different things, morals, goals and personalities.
I have 8 of the things *pokes them with a stick* I have a Sith Warrior who would happily get with Arcann for what and who he is, after she (headcanon alert ding ding) figures out if vitiate being her dad puts them too close to half-sibling-kinda status or not. (her family was decided by me years ago, bit of a shock when kotfe got released to be sure lmao)
I have a jedi knight who gave him a chance to start atoning for his actions, she's a good jedi and would never get attached to him past being a guide and mentor.. and a Sith Inquisitor that put him down like a dog, she wasn't having any challengers to her "I'm the new insane murderous tyrant here!" rulership. My agent is completely infatuated and she doesn't even know why herself she knows it's not a good idea but that doesn't stop her feelings, the rest are a mix.
___

Same with Quinn, who the thread is meant to be about. Some forgive, some don't. My sith warrior did not during the actual event/situation thing, but she could not kill him there, and on Iokath she decided a murder for that reason only almost what 9 or so years after it happened was just far too stupid even for a sith, so he got recruited, he'd already spent 6 years in prison or about that, served his time in her eyes so he got a chance at a new leaf.

People can dislike which characters they want, and pick stuff they like. This is fiction, not real. Big difference.
Amen!🤗
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

IoNonSoEVero
09.17.2017 , 10:08 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodesu View Post

___

I don't think anyone doubts that it's fiction, not real, and that one's character isn't their actual self, even if we may have a Mary Sue or two among the bunch.

It doesn't mean that one can't still find the idea of romancing Arcann or Quinn to be screwed up to them, any more than one might find another plot point in a book or film to be screwed up, or not understand why others like it. It's not a commentary on the personal merits of people who think differently, nor is it an edict that they aren't allowed to like what they want. I Just because I personally find these plot points abhorrent doesn't mean I believe that those who like these characters are abhorrent people, or that I think they should be stopped from having their own preferences.

I will say that I think it's wrong that the game treats forgiveness in these cases as the light side, ie 'good' choice, because IMHO there are things that aren't forgivable, but they have other LS/DS-labeled choices in the game, I find questionable, too.

As for Quinn, my SW was willing to let it go after 6 years - although in a perfect world she would have told Acina she was not willing to work with him and wanted him shipped back to Dromund Kaas. However, then he started in with the flattery, self-promotion and asking for favors again, and it was enough to remind her why she wanted to kill Quinn to start with. My SW also thought he was a coward for not approaching her on Dromund Kaas. Truthfully it would have been the safest place and time for Quinn to ever approach the SW because she was there as a Acina's guest, and it would have been bad form for her to start killing Acina's staff in her backyard.

Eshvara
09.17.2017 , 11:39 AM | #67
Isn't what's forgivable different depending on what the individual thinks?
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I don't think anyone doubts that it's fiction, not real, and that one's character isn't their actual self, even if we may have a Mary Sue or two among the bunch.
I don't know, someone on the forums once said I sought abusive relationships by wanting Arcann. I found that odd.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

IoNonSoEVero
09.17.2017 , 11:55 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Isn't what's forgivable different depending on what the individual thinks?
Yes, but the game does make calls in this respect by making certain decisions LS or DS based. IMHO the decision to kill or keep both Quinn or Arcann should be left neutral, the same way they leave the decision to shoot down Arcann's shuttle neutral. And with Quinn I think that on Iokath, the moment Quinn showed up, the SW should have been given an option to say that they would not work with him and didn't want him anywhere around their territory, as another neutral choice.

OldVengeance
09.17.2017 , 02:26 PM | #69
Which PC has a body count anywhere nearly as high as Arcann? The highest I can think of is Imperial Agents who helped Darth Jadus with Eradication Day, which results in the death of hundreds of thousands of Imperials. And you could sort of roleplay that one as believing that you have no choice because you can't stop Darth Jadus. Unlike Arcann who is the one who is arguably most responsible for all his deaths.