Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why do people hate Quinn?


Alterkai's Avatar


Alterkai
07.11.2017 , 07:03 AM | #1
Hi guys, I am a big fan of warrior story, i just want to know why so many people hate Quinn in the story. I have played the war at iokath twice and in each one my dark side warrior spared Quinn.

For me Quinn's betrayal is understandable, he is a solider and solider pays his debts, Baras saved him from that retarded moff broysc. Quinn owns Baras his life. He also expresses his conflict and emotions when he betrays warrior, i believe deep inside Quinn never wants to betray warrior, he just have to pick one that is more important for the survival of the Empire.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no fear, there is power.
I am the heart of the Force. I am the revealing fire of light.
I am the mystery of darkness. In balance with chaos and harmony,
Immortal in the Force.

mkzerox's Avatar


mkzerox
07.11.2017 , 07:30 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Alterkai View Post
Hi guys, I am a big fan of warrior story, i just want to know why so many people hate Quinn in the story. I have played the war at iokath twice and in each one my dark side warrior spared Quinn.

For me Quinn's betrayal is understandable, he is a solider and solider pays his debts, Baras saved him from that retarded moff broysc. Quinn owns Baras his life. He also expresses his conflict and emotions when he betrays warrior, i believe deep inside Quinn never wants to betray warrior, he just have to pick one that is more important for the survival of the Empire.
He's a traitor thats why. He betrayed the Warrior & by default, he was aiding the man that was usurping the Emperor's throne. What he did was treason. As a dark sided Sith it simply made no sense storywise that you didn't have the option to kill him there and then for what he did.

Of course my Sith is lightsided. I don't dislike Quinn myself, i think he's okay, and handy to keep around for his knowledge & insights into certain matters.

LeelaSeventen's Avatar


LeelaSeventen
07.11.2017 , 08:37 AM | #3
Hmm I don't know if I hate him as much other companions. *glares at doc, and Skadge*. I just met those two. I am more on the I don't like him and I don't find him interesting as a character.

OF course I played it as the Warrior that knows that she will be betrayed at some point. It is the sith way if you think about it. The first time I played it I don't think I was that surprised (yes i knew ahead of time) all that much . There was a line of dialoque where he asks to watch us torture someone or something like that (he sounded alittle too gleeful ). Then he seemed to pop up everywhere. Of course that weird lame way he asked to join the crew. IT came off as desperate and like he was putting on an act. I was thinking, yep he is going to be the mole. Oh and he is mean to every other crew member and acts like he is in charge. If i understand from the Agent storyline the Sith are in charge anytime they are around. I don't think he has a pretty face either, I keep wanting to laser off that mole of his. Those are the main reasons I don't like him. But I tend to go LS on all of my characters, I don't like the dark side all that much. I found his companion storyline not interesting all that much. Sort of sounded like he was using you to get revenge on people.

Then he betrays you and you can't really do anything about it. Now if he pulled that on any other dark lord, he would be dead in less then a second. I think that is the main reason why many players hate him. Yes Baras put him up to it and he probably started to spy on you before he joined the crew. So I guess I don't hate him as much for that because it was going to happen at some point anyways.

Ralei's Avatar


Ralei
07.11.2017 , 10:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by LeelaSeventen View Post
Then he betrays you and you can't really do anything about it. Now if he pulled that on any other dark lord, he would be dead in less then a second. I think that is the main reason why many players hate him. Yes Baras put him up to it and he probably started to spy on you before he joined the crew. So I guess I don't hate him as much for that because it was going to happen at some point anyways.
Agreed. Not having the choice to kill him and then feeling like a total fool seeing his face around all the time after that pisses people off.

Plus, he kind of talks with a stuffy nose and his face is always twisted up in contempt. He's a real dick most of the time. But he's the best looking male companion by far, so just like irl, you overlook those things for a pretty face and I'm sure that makes some people hate him even more.
.

JediAkemi's Avatar


JediAkemi
07.11.2017 , 11:10 AM | #5
As others have said, it's not having the option to kill him for his betrayal that hurts immersion and feels like a slap in our collective faces.

Similarly, I always wished there was an option to kill Skadge before leaving Belsavis because the way he muscles his way onto the Hunter's ship even if you don't invite him makes no sense.

JakRoanin's Avatar


JakRoanin
07.11.2017 , 12:02 PM | #6
I don't hate Quinn at all, but I will never ever trust him at all. He will do ANYTHING as long as he feels it's for the best. He could easily spare enemies, or destroy worlds. He's a complete wildcard.

Damask_Rose's Avatar


Damask_Rose
07.11.2017 , 12:19 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Alterkai View Post
Hi guys, I am a big fan of warrior story, i just want to know why so many people hate Quinn in the story. I have played the war at iokath twice and in each one my dark side warrior spared Quinn.

For me Quinn's betrayal is understandable, he is a solider and solider pays his debts, Baras saved him from that retarded moff broysc. Quinn owns Baras his life. He also expresses his conflict and emotions when he betrays warrior, i believe deep inside Quinn never wants to betray warrior, he just have to pick one that is more important for the survival of the Empire.
Quinn has a very large fan base. You are welcome to pop-in to this thread to say hi to those of us who don't hate him.

Aresnar's Avatar


Aresnar
07.11.2017 , 02:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JakRoanin View Post
I don't hate Quinn at all, but I will never ever trust him at all. He will do ANYTHING as long as he feels it's for the best. He could easily spare enemies, or destroy worlds. He's a complete wildcard.
Looks like you do trust him then.

You trust him to do what he feels is for the best which is pretty good for a normal person.

Now how good it might be for Sith Lord to have a subordinate do what they feel best is another story.

dcaleb's Avatar


dcaleb
07.11.2017 , 06:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post
As others have said, it's not having the option to kill him for his betrayal that hurts immersion and feels like a slap in our collective faces.

Similarly, I always wished there was an option to kill Skadge before leaving Belsavis because the way he muscles his way onto the Hunter's ship even if you don't invite him makes no sense.
This, I always hated how the game forced me to let Skadge walk all over me and strong arm his way onto my crew instead of putting a blaster bolt between his eyes. At least Gault and his wiles brought something useful to the team when I didn't have a choice on him, Skadge is just dumb obnoxious muscle that I already had myself and Torian for. Same with Quinn, its annoying you can't kill him but at least he in story brought something to your power base and was sort of understandable as 'too valuable to just snap your traitor neck'.

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
07.11.2017 , 07:41 PM | #10
With Quinn, while I get that he threw his hat in with Baras because he felt that was the best way to move up - and that's what he's all about - I hated that he could not be killed or kicked off the ship afterward. It's like, "sure, you created an elaborate plot to kill me that involved an entire Imperial cruiser, and threatened the rest of my crew. By all means, please continue to be the captain of my ship and have access to me, my crew and my personal info!"

Sith Warriors use resources, but IMHO it would be dangerous to have a traitor still on board, and my SW ended people for far less. I know in the beginning of the game they did have a kill option and people complained because at that time he was the healer companion - but now that all the companions can heal, Quinn's not so critical to keep. I didn't use him in the game at all.

So I feel like there should have been options to a) kill him; b) kick him off the crew (hey, you want to run with Baras, Quinn? You know where he is. See ya!) and c) keep him.

And if your Female SW romanced him, she's forced to continue a relationship with a guy who tried to murder her. Which gets into all sorts of bad places. (I did NOT romance him). I felt there should have been a break up option.

I didn't ever feel comfortable with Quinn for these reasons:

He's a total bootlicker, he has no personality, and he pretty much uses the Warrior for whatever he can. The companion story quests pretty much go:

Vette: Please help me rescue my family!
Pierce: Please help me run this great black ops mission so we can regain a key Empire post!
Jaesa LS: Please help me save LS Sith!
Jaesa DS: My, this is all very exciting. Let's kill some LS Sith.
Broonmark: Yay Sith clan! Just tell us who to kill!

Quinn: Help me get a promotion! Help me kill the Moff I'm still mad about because he fired me! Me! Me! Me!