Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most cruel or messed up choices you could make?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Most cruel or messed up choices you could make?

notanjelika
07.26.2017 , 03:59 AM | #21
i let Vette be killed by Empress Vaylin and told her she was "only an asset" - was nervous cause of the walker thing, died 7 times LMAO
Please bring back Jaesa Willsaam

JamaicanCastle
09.02.2017 , 11:41 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Venn_Dras View Post
In the BH story you're given the choice to kill refugees for extra credits. I was surprised that rather than just shooting them like all of the previous bounties, it shows your hunter burning them alive.
On the (ever-fruitful) topic of BH callousness: there's a bit on Alderaan where one of the nobles is annoying your employer and so he offers you double to just shoot the guy. You don't even look at him. In terms of sheer cold, casual murder, it's actually pretty chilling if you think about it. Sure, the Sith can be enormously cruel to people who get in their way, but only the hunter can go from zero to murder in a single line of conversation just for the sake of pocket change.

Although on that note: when a Sith Warrior first arrives on Dromund Kaas they're met by a messenger. You can elect to kill him, and then tell Vette it was because you're bored. Her reaction is what sells it.

Adrian_T
09.03.2017 , 12:50 PM | #23
May not be quite up there with some of these, but the DS option with Ensign Farn early in the Trooper story is pretty damn cold, IMO.

The poor guy clearly had to work up a lot of nerve to tell you about his corrupt CO, and idolizes you as a member of Havoc Squad and you can not only dismissively tell him to beat it but even take a bribe from the bad guy lieutenant later in the story. The icing on the cake is when you get an e-mail telling you that Farn "had an accident". Makes you feel like a real hero of the Republic.

BlazeTomahawk
09.04.2017 , 03:59 PM | #24
Trooper storyline.

On Coruscant when you hunt the guy making cyborgs and you have the option of suffocating the test subject or letting them go.

MrNihulus
09.04.2017 , 06:57 PM | #25
On Makeb, you can murder an entire family of civilians who were allied with a former imperial spy.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revanů and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."

light_senshi
09.04.2017 , 10:54 PM | #26
I think I can top that.

Knight Storyline: You have the option of either convincing the crew of the medical ship to either help the survivors of Uphrades....Or...take a bribe and let them all die rather horribly of radiation (and who knows what else) instead.

Jagaimee
09.04.2017 , 10:55 PM | #27
Dromund Kaas, general quests:
Taking the dark-side decision in Lord Grathan's estate when dealing with those, um... "droids."

Context:
Spoiler

Holy. Living. Crap.
Confession: I avoid that quest whenever I go to Dromund Kaas now. It's just too viscerally disturbing even on the light-side path! D:
"'But why,' some say, 'choose the moon? Why choose this as our goal?' And they might well ask, 'Why climb the highest mountain? Why, thirty-five years ago, fly the Atlantic?' Why click some random person's referral link?'"
- JFK...mostly. Save for that last part (FAQ about referral links)....... Quinnmancer

Shayddow
09.05.2017 , 05:47 PM | #28
Belsavis Planetary Story-Line end for Republic. You can let the galaxy go to hell <dark side choice) for a promise of some future gift on Ilum that isn't even worth it.
Shekkel,70 Nimrossa, 70 |Ebon Hawk
Shassella, 70 Barzella, 70 | Begeran
Adonnah, 70 Kydosh, 70 |Harbinger
Tashha, 70 Svgon, 70

MrNihulus
09.05.2017 , 06:26 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Shayddow View Post
Belsavis Planetary Story-Line end for Republic. You can let the galaxy go to hell <dark side choice) for a promise of some future gift on Ilum that isn't even worth it.
I remember that quest, they give you a pair of green quality gloves or a green lockbox. It makes sense because some villains would lie to you about the rewards.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revanů and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."

IoNonSoEVero
09.05.2017 , 06:38 PM | #30
Lord Grathan's droids...that one is nightmare-inducing. Definitely gets my vote for most messed up.

Two more that are bad, but not as bad as that:

Imperial Nar Shaddaa bonus quest, one of the gangsters offers to blow up a Republic ship that's evacuating families, and IIRC they specifically specify children. If you take the Dark Side choice and have the families killed -
Spoiler

There's a similar one on Taris where you can choose to have a ship full of evacuees trapped in the spaceport and basically burned to death/blown up.