Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GSF Discussion: Itemization

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

josephxp
07.06.2017 , 04:06 PM | #11
I would say definitely add reputation like the hyperspace rail-runner ship missions on your class ships. The reputation to get that is slow and a pain to grab, so adding GSF missions to drop rep tokens for it would be wonderful.

Also I would add a vendor to add on legacy armor/weapons that are pilot related for fleet coms to spend on them, and also have GSF games give fleet coms like WZ's used to give coms. This would help players who want to do the rail space missions on your ship the ability to grab some of the grade 7 parts with fleet coms.

The vendor should also have paints, paint jobs, engines, etc for pilots and maybe companion skins for droids like HK-51/HK-55 and T7 that are starfighter themed.
Give Us New GSF Maps
Tachyon(s)/Alpha Triage(pub)/Void(imp) from Ebon Hawk
7 days of free subscription and character transfer for subs and returners

dscount
07.06.2017 , 04:41 PM | #12
In this thread, let's focus on itemization. For a long time we have made it a point to keep Galactic Starfighter as a separate progression from the rest of SWTOR. Command XP has helped a great deal by giving GSF players a method of progressing their characters while playing Starfighter, beyond the XP you already receive.

One thing we are considering is adding more ways for GSF players to enhance their "ground game" characters. This would most likely be through a vendor where you could purchase items. What do you think of this idea? What types of things would you want to see on the vendor?

The BIG wins for itemization I see that are dramatically needed:
  1. CXP Booster is not active count down when you start GSF (Since you don't get anything until the end)
  2. Add CHANCE cube to the Weekly Mission reward. Was great for "First conquest" but mostly poor RNG items.
  3. Allow unlock Ships Account wide (Legacy) with Credits / Coins.
  4. Allow unlock Colors via MANY options (Credits, Coins, Account Wide, Vendor, etc).
  5. FIX the Vote Kick Option. WAY too many times someone is just nose picking for free UC's while other players try to win the match and leave pissed off after losing. Right now they just fire a few shots and back to reset vote kick. If you bring it up in match that person is alerted or someone try's to cover for them.
  6. DECO's - many more GSF type Deco's are needed.
  7. Fix the "Not contributing" for Bombers - They have a job to maintain and in death matchs they tend to get more of those pop up's. Maybe tweak the timer for those when fielded (Since they are SLOW moving to start with).
  8. Fleet Commendations Vendor (FCV) need a BUMP in count for flying. Vendor needs more items as well.
  9. FCV sells ALL items for Fleet Commendations (Both Weapon/Engine Colors, Ship Patterns, etc.) for GSF
  10. FCV sells Ship Requisitions and Fleet Requisitions for Fleet Commendations
  11. Would suggest more UC's but that would just encourage more people going AFK just to get UC's - Beef up Weekly?
  12. More legacy wide unlocking (Ships/etc) available options would get more people playing on new characters.
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

phalczen
07.06.2017 , 05:10 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

This week, we are creating three separate forum threads for GSF discussion. You can head to this thread to get links to each of them.

In this thread, let's focus on itemization. For a long time we have made it a point to keep Galactic Starfighter as a separate progression from the rest of SWTOR. Command XP has helped a great deal by giving GSF players a method of progressing their characters while playing Starfighter, beyond the XP you already receive.

One thing we are considering is adding more ways for GSF players to enhance their "ground game" characters. This would most likely be through a vendor where you could purchase items. What do you think of this idea? What types of things would you want to see on the vendor?

Be as specific as possible! Let us know your thoughts.

-eric
You already made the step of having Fleet Comms be rewards for the daily and weekly. I would concur with other posters that they should also drop the reputation tokens for the on-rails space mission reputation track. But even if you decide not to do that, add more stronghold decorations, naval uniforms, pilot flight suits, paint jobs, color kits, gas canisters, engine reactants, etc. that can be purchased for fleet comms. Add mounts that look like our ships ... we know you've already done it for the Republic type 2 scout in cartel market versions. Add weapon tunings that can only be purchased with fleet comms.
There are a number of flashpoints that are conquest objectives when "Clash in Hyperspace," the GSF-themed conquest, is active: KDY/False Emperor/Battle of Ilum/Black Talon/Essless. Have bound-legacy boxes that can drop in these flashpoints as loot that have fleet coms or ship req, perhaps. Include other space-themed flashpoints in that list as well, like Red Reaper and Mandalorian Raiders (I excluded Boarding Party because its faction specific.)
Lastly, have a bound-to-legacy box, or pair of boxes, that cost x or y ship requisition to purchase, and once opened, contain a major/minor ship req grant, depending on the price of the box purchased. This would enable players to send over spare requisition to their alts. I realize that a player could purchase the box on a toon, and send the box to another alt that had more ships unlocked, and therefore multiply the amount of requisition. If you are worried about the exploitative nature of that, then make the boxes grant fleet req instead of ship req, and problem solved.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Verain
07.06.2017 , 05:16 PM | #14
Oh!

Republic needs a Pink/Purple Paintjob.

And my Clarion still needs a bow.
Like Ms. Pac-Man.
Like a Ms. Pac-Man bow.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

Verain
07.06.2017 , 05:32 PM | #15
Unrelated, but a post in a different thread mentioned this, and I think it is better here:

We should be able to get in our ships and hang out. Like, fly around the space station, rush past each other in space, all while waiting for GSF queues. This mode could be a shared space, and you could have some respawning targets far off the space station. Basically, a free flight with no consequence.

Want awesomer? Make an interface that lets us fly to another planet with our ships, and hang out there instead. It wouldn't have to actually BE the planet, or anything, and there wouldn't have to be a bunch of stuff to do there. But right now the only way to EVER fly one of YOUR OWN ships is to actually be in the game, against other players. You can fly a premade ship that doesn't have whatever you were trying to get used to in a reasonably barebones practice place, but that's not good enough. I don't even know what color Drako's ship is off the top of my head.

This is effectively a "new game mode", but it is a REALLY SIMPLE ONE. Anyway, would be cool, and lend permanence to the ships in the way you'd expect an MMO to kinda have.

DarthNillard
07.06.2017 , 06:04 PM | #16
Star Wars Galaxies did it best. "Space" was it's own thing, but it tied into the ground in many ways. You had themepark missions on the ground used to unlock ships. Crafting wise, you had people who were shipwrights that could craft ships and ship parts. And then there was a whole other side to crafting all the parts and min-maxing your ship based on the Weight vs. stats dynamic.

And then right before the game ended, they released Space GCW to tie into the ground based Galactic Civil War, which was also amazing. Tie space into the Sith vs Republic thing somehow, that would be amazing.

Also, you had the ability to just hop into your ship and fly around the galaxy whenver you want. Travel planet to planet via hyperspace and then land at a spaceport.

And lastly but definitely not least, POB ships!!!! Get into a gunship with 7 of your friends and have one co-piloting, 4 shooting cannons, and 2 helping out. Super fun times!!!!!!!!

phalczen
07.06.2017 , 06:05 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
We should be able to get in our ships and hang out. Like, fly around the space station, rush past each other in space, all while waiting for GSF queues. This mode could be a shared space, and you could have some respawning targets far off the space station. Basically, a free flight with no consequence.

Want awesomer? Make an interface that lets us fly to another planet with our ships, and hang out there instead. It wouldn't have to actually BE the planet, or anything, and there wouldn't have to be a bunch of stuff to do there
I loved that part of Jump to Lightspeed in SWG. I could launch my ship, fly in hyperspace to my intended destination planet, and then land. It was nicely immersive and easily bypassed if you didn't want the experience. I even utilized it in several pvp events I hosted back in the day.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Drakkolich
07.06.2017 , 06:41 PM | #18
So what if at this Vendor you could spend Requisition on Ship parts that weren't bound to your character. This way you could give them or sell them to other players. This would give you a way to gear your alts as well as give other players an alternate way to purchase upgrades for their ships.

For example say I have my Blackbolt on Imperial side, what if through a vendor I could purchase a "Rocket Pods" component for I don't know 3000 Blackbolt Requisition. I now have this item I can mail it to other players or put it on the GTN. You could also have different Items for say the first Upgrade of Rocket pods which might look like "Rocket Pods - Ignore armor upgrade".

If you really wanted to get crazy maybe for a ton of requisition you could buy an entire mastered ship if you just happened to have that Lying around.
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

Applejacxs
07.06.2017 , 06:58 PM | #19
I liked the fact you put fleet comms as a reward. But after awhile it felt like I was getting loads of these but all the stuff was old and outdated why bother spending on. If not a new shop then let us convert comms and req to things like Unassemble components and command tokens

Quote: Originally Posted by JediBoadicea View Post
Many of us have long felt (and I made a point of calling it out at Community Cantinas too) that rewards for GSF are badly needed, even just cosmetic ones (though I hesitate to say "just" since we know that cosmetic rewards are huge motivators). GSF has been far too isolated from the rest of the game, and any possible integration would be very welcome!

I previously made a post suggesting that GSF be permitted to work toward earning reputation with the Republic Hyperspace Armada/Imperial First Mobile Fleet faction, and to add more reward items to that associated vendor. I really feel this would be a good way to tie two aspects of the game together in a way that would reward fans of both GSF and Space Missions, and improved rewards for that faction could give players who've never tried either game mode more reason to do so.

While that thread got a little derailed (as threads in the forum often do), I know that from my discussion with other GSFers over the years (like many, I've been flying since early access for GSF launched) we would all like to see more rewards to buy with our Fleet Comms! (For most of us, we are sitting at that 10,000 comms cap with nothing to buy!) Decos seem to be the most common suggestion (I linked to some suggestions in my above linked post), but more pilot-themed gear wouldn't go amiss.

As others have said, I think the most exciting reward would be ship decos that could match the customization for the ships in your hangar, but I imagine that might be rather difficult to execute. There are plenty of other deco options to be had, though.

I have to echo some of Crubel's excellent suggestions here too:

All of these are truly excellent suggestions. Both factions already have a set of NPCs who were introduced as your default crew members when you start GSF, and who feature briefly in the intro to the Kuat Drive Yards FP. Being able to acquire these companions would be a wonderful perk, for both companion collectors and RPers, and of course for GSFers to finally be able to fly their GSF colors as it were.

Legacy off-hands would also be a nice way to give people two options (this new GSF one added to the Gree event) for acquiring these items. More choice! More incentive!

Dye modules also incentivize both crafters and RPers, and everyone wants customization options. I would suggest you look at more colors in the vein of the Olive/Tan and Uniform Blue modules that got released with the last pack, because these were excellent, less-saturated colors that convey the feel of the "used future" Star Wars look for our battle-worn spacers. Though it certainly wouldn't hurt to make one of these a Black + Whatever color as well, since those modules are already in high demand. I'd kill for a Black + Olive/Khaki/Uniform Blue type variant.
Agreeing with this

Especially on the companions portion of this. I would say adding the stock GSF crew as winnable companions for the Republic Hyperspace Armada/Imperial First Mobile/GSF Fleet Faction Reputation would be a Major Prize.

Verain
07.06.2017 , 07:01 PM | #20
My beef about turning ship requisition into an item that sells for credits (or credits in ANY fashion) is that it will encourage botting. It's very hard to report and remove someone from GSF, and every time someone has gotten banned for it it is because they did it for awhile and eventually the GMs took action. Given that a gold farmer's accounts aren't meant to last, we would have all those Qwsgldfghh guys queuing into GSF to try to farm requisition. They'd have a script that takes them to a node, and leaving that script on all day would make a non-zero amount of requisition, leading to a non-zero amount of credits. The farmers would destroy GSF and the deletion of their auto-generated free accounts would take a lot of GM time, and they'd just make more.

If that could be aggressively and really solved, I would love the idea of turning ship req into saleable items. Or any other thing at all, lol.